Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 1/7/2013

Old 01-10-2013, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Oh no, Mike! I hope it heals quickly!

Quinn - thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, the problem is that without the 300 calories, I'm barely breaking 1100. I'm okay with this once in a while, but I think for me, I generally need another couple hundred. I like your idea of adding to the yogurt - I've had Kashi Go Lean in my yogurt a couple times, maybe I'll adding that consistently.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
My lovelies. I'll likely be MIA today. I pulled my back out and it's bad this time. The slightest move feels like a spasm. I'll try to check in later.
Ugh... Sorry to hear that. I know how bad it can be. No lifting for a while! Lots of heat, muscle relaxants and IB. Decompression and traction have been my best friends for several years... Lol.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all,

I'm new to this site and I'm so glad I've found it! I posted on the Welcome board about my journey to get healthy again (I Finally Go It!) and a moderator suggested that I post here. I'm trying to get healthy not just in body but mind and soul too. I want to celebrate my journey by having as much fun taking off a hundred pounds as I did putting it on. I was shocked to see myself in some Christmas pictures and decided it was time to do something. I sat down and had a real talk with myself and I didn't like what I heard. I'm not interested in beating myself up--there's not point. I realize that I can be just as stressed, happy, frustrated while being healthy as overweight!! This outer shell isn’t me!! So I'm taking charge of my life. I'm delighted to say that my husband and family is rooting for me in the coolest way. They want to work out with me!! Woot woot! I like it.

Today I have a child home from school and I couldn't go to the gym. So I pulled out my hand weights and my Biggest Looser DVD. It was a great workout and it kept me on track. No more excuses for me! I was looking at the other posts and I saw the accountability checklist and I'd love to adopt it too. This is an amazing place with amazing people.

Water--4 down
Exercise-yes
Food log--yes
I can't remember the others but you'll be seeing them on my posts. Getting healthy isn't for sissy's!!!!
Sarah709
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 AM

Mike, I'm really sorry to hear about your back! I hope it gets on the mend quickly!

Hi, Sarah. Nice to see you here!

I agree with quinn. Some granola or something would be nice to add to the yogurt for a little extra.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks ladies. I pretty much laid in bed all day, way too long. I scheduled a chiro appt for tomorrow morning. I hope I'm better because I have to work, and I have tickets to the Hornets game.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

Just a quick check in. Be back later

1--Log EVERYTHING!--yes, yes, no-cheat day
2--Drink Water....lots and lots of water!--better....but not great, no, still not where I need to be
3--Hit the treadmill at least 3 times--nope, no, no
4--Log in and post at least 5 times--Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Old 01-10-2013, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:

Focus on real food (90% is a Y): Y, Y, Y, Y (so far)
Focus on H2O: Y, Y, Y, Y
Vitamin daily: N, N, N, Y
Get back to exercising: N, N, Maybe tonight... (N), Y
Get scrapbooking project ready to go: N, N, N, Thinking about it...
Finish writing Chapters 1 and 2 for Projects A and B: N, Making Progress, Almost done with Project A, still on A, B will need to wait until next week.
Don't stress over work/finances: N, Y, Better, Starting not to give a crap...

Can't keeeep uuuuppp with the posts! I can hardly find my goals each day . But just a few replies, I hope to do better next round...

Mike - Poor baby! I hope your back feels better soon.

Joanna - What to do with extra calories... hmmm, alot of naughty treats come to mind, but I'll be good and suggest avocado!

Cassie - Regarding scrapbooking, I am a big time cheater. Ever seen those albums where you just slip the pix in slots, then add some words . Have fun with your sons album!

Lisa - 4.5 lbs! That's fantastic!!!!

Quinn - Yay!!! 3 lbs down!

Hi Sarah - Welcome! Good luck with your goals!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

1. Log Mon-Fri Mon--Thurs yes
2. Stay away from sweets--squares, donuts (and Tim Horton's muffins count too) yes, yes, yes we shall see tomorrow as we usually go after getting groceries. Stayed home and exercised so YES
3. Drink the darn water--6 glasses Mon-hmm only 4 so far so no Tues-Thurs-6 I have been drinking half a glass when I get up in the middle of the night and another half when I wake up
4. 4 servings fruits and veggies yes, yes Wed-only 3, yes
5. Eat within carb/protein limit 140/60 Mon-135/40, Tues 145/56, Wed 130/45 Thurs over on both
6. Exercise 5X--30 mins Mon and Wed-20 min, Tues NONE, Thurs 35min

Ugh not quite up to the 30 min average but I will try and get some exercise in Sun.
It's funny how I think I'm eating fairly healthy and still over on carbs--clementines are 18 for 2.

Jenn
Old 01-10-2013, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Have you tried ...

Mike: I know this is just one bit of anecdotal info that may not be worth a plug nickle, but... My Honey used to have chronic back pain, on and off for years. Used to get shots for it and everything. Until... one day I was adamant that we get a new mattress set and, Miracle Cure! He hasn't been bothered by back pain since. I, on the other hand, don't sleep as well on this bed as I did on the last one, but if it cures what ails him, I love it.

Your mileage may vary. Hope you feel better soon.

- Donna
Old 01-10-2013, 10:51 AM
FitDay Member

Not feeling it today and didn't walk. I have Crohn's disease and some days just require a little more rest .
Stocked up on the Costco bagels that ds loves. They smell so awesome and garlicky every time he toasts one. Ate one for snack and it smells way better than it tastes. Kind of blah.

Goals:
Log meals every day. Y. Y. Y Y
Walk at least 20 minutes each day. Y. Y. Y. N.
Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night Y. Y. Y. Y

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.