Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread for 12/31/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread for 12/31/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 12/31/12

Old 01-05-2013, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, that's a great resolution. Self acceptance has always eluded me. No matter the dress size i find fault with some part of me. I wish you luck and please share any tips you have. Life would be so much more peaceful and pleasant with a good dose of self acceptance

Mike, nice job on the photos. I love black and whites or architecture. I think they are so dramatic.

Mern, good job on the mileage. Your dinner sounded great. Perhaps i will follow your lead and try a new recipe for tomorrow.

Joanna, great job on the scale heading in the right direction. I so relate to the eating when bored, I am an emotional eater...bored, lonely, etc. try coming on here and posting when you want to eat and know you aren't hungry. It's what i do sometimes. Seems to help.

almathea, great job on cleaning out the cupboards!! You can't eat what you dont have.

Robin, welcome to the group.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

Tomorrow I am supposed to go snow shoeing with my neighbour. She's maybe 20 years older than me and both I am my dog will have a hard time keeping up with her. Dynamo. Inspiring. Only did one little walk today, the winds too cold. -17 today.

Tomorrow is my first month anniversary on fitday. I am excited to see the results. Thanks all of you for your support, honesty, ideas etc.

Robin
Old 01-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Question

Cassie, if Tori or some of y'all do.

Kim, thanky thanky
Old 01-06-2013, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

I had a pretty decent day yesterday. I thought my cat was giving me allergies, as he is wont to do from time to time, but turns out it was a cold. I haven't gotten sick in a surprisingly long time! Seems to have a quick burn though, 'cause I'm already feeling better. I was blowing my nose a significant portion of yesterday, though. In any case, I sat around and read a bunch of books, which I'm allowed to do, 'cause I have to head back to the real world of grad school tomorrow Last semester of classes, though! Then endless research 'til I finally produce a thesis - no problem.

Anyway - food wise I did well yesterday. Ended up under 1000 calories, not on purpose, I guess I just wasn't too hungry, being sick and all. Today, I think I will start the next week of my C25k. I'm going to have to modify my route soon, 'cause I'm running out of space.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! Hey, anybody seen Michael (the other one, mecompco) around recently? Not that he was in our thread that much, but... I hope he's doing okay, he was always such an inspiration. And Mike, where's Tori? Tell her she needs to be here!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

Joanna, as for Michael (mecompco), I sent him a PM a while back (probably 2-3 months ago) and got no response. I was looking and noticed that his last post (or one of the last ones) was about a friend of his that lost his life in a motorcycle accident. Ive been getting worried about Michael but didn't want to PM him again in case he was going through a rough patch. I hope and pray that he is okay and is just taking time to heal or merely fell off the wagon.

As for Tori (my sis), I "talk" to her on a daily basis. Things between her and her man (aka WHN-What's His Name) are going great. They seem to be very happy together. She and I have both been slipping and back tracking. She claims that she'll also be back tomorrow, ready to kick some ass. I guess we shall see.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back, Mike!! I hear ya about the food in NOLA. Plus the BIG ASS beers. I'm not even a beer drinker and they get me (Abita: Jacomo, Turbodog, yeah.) Something about drinking a beer in NOLA. Don't even get me started on etouffe and beignets.
Love LOVE the pix, Mike. Love the weepig angel. Is the interior of the church the one by Jackson Square?

I've had the shiritaki noddles. They are kind of wet and a little - would the word be- gummy? Not quite but I think they'd prolly work best in soup. I've actually lost the taste for pasta and bagels for the most part. I can do a little whole wheat pasta and be OK for a long time so I prolly am not the one to ask. Now if only I could lose the taste for pizza. Considering I had a slice close to midnight and could have had more....

More later y'all (as opposed to yous.)
Old 01-06-2013, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Stretch every day -yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
2) 6 glasses of water minimum every day- ? 6 ?; um 5? 6?;??
3) Plan meals (except 12/31) -yes hahahahah, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
4) Stick close to plan (except 12/31)-hahahaha; once again, hahahahaaha, NO yes no, no
5) 1600 calories max (except 12/31)-hahahaha
? 1120 no, no
6) WRITE- NO Yes some No yes, yes, YES FINALLY real work
7) Practice Spanish NO yes No yes; si, un poco; si, mas
8) Incorporate more creativity into my life: a bit with my cake no, no no, no, no
9) Listen more -NO didn't come up YES, YES no, poco,poco
10) Do not JADE (justify/argue/defend/explain) NO yes, yes justified a little yes, no
Old 01-06-2013, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
egg whites and ham
turkey or ham sandwich
fish and broccoli
snacks:
fruit
nuts
cheese stick or roll ups of turkey or ham or smoked salmon
Old 01-06-2013, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Joanna, as for Michael (mecompco), I sent him a PM a while back (probably 2-3 months ago) and got no response. I was looking and noticed that his last post (or one of the last ones) was about a friend of his that lost his life in a motorcycle accident. Ive been getting worried about Michael but didn't want to PM him again in case he was going through a rough patch. I hope and pray that he is okay and is just taking time to heal or merely fell off the wagon.

As for Tori (my sis), I "talk" to her on a daily basis. Things between her and her man (aka WHN-What's His Name) are going great. They seem to be very happy together. She and I have both been slipping and back tracking. She claims that she'll also be back tomorrow, ready to kick some ass. I guess we shall see.
I also PM'd Michael a while back and did hear back from him (but it was before your PM, Mike, I think); sounded like he was having some of the same struggles as we all are. Everyone is at a different comfort level with posting when struggling, so I attributed his absence to that.

I was kind of hoping the new year would flush out some old friends and we would enjoy their conversation again. Maybe tomorrow?
Old 01-06-2013, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Hope. I did find a thread on them and people seemed to have differing views. I wouldn't want to spend that much money on something that I ended up not liking so I think I'll stick to spaghetti squash.
OMG I wish I could cut back on pasta. I was never that fond of bagels.

Joanna colds/flu are going around so I'm glad to hear that it was a sort lived one!

Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.