Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 12/31/12

Old 01-05-2013, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, I know what you mean. I went on a chocolate binge last night and was totally out of control. I guess it's like they say, one day at a time.

Mike, the photos were beautiful. Especially liked the one with the cherub in focus and the altar in the background. And the b&w madonna w/ cross.

Hope, Glad things went well at the gym, and that you don't have any unpleasant side effects ;-)

Mern, Thanks for the tip about the Red Yeast Powder.

Ama, Does Milk chocolate count as real food?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, it's ok you can vent here! There are days when I don't feel good about myself but it's a lot easier to motivate ourselves when we accept where we are. That's my resolution to see myself as beautiful.

Mike, how appropriate that you should put the weeping angel picture on. Christmas was sad for me. New Orleans is on my bucket list. Although I have no idea what I could eat there. That was our inside joke with my Dad. He drove there himself and it's 1,100 miles from Detroit to New Orleans. Yeah, were would you ever need that little tidbit of information but we would all laugh.

Has anyone here ever used shitaki noodles? I was looking at them in the grocery store--very expensive but practically no carb and low in calories.
Bought lots of veggies and fruit.

Jenn
Old 01-05-2013, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz
Hi Donna - Hmmm, almost! I love milk chocolate also, but they say dark chocolate is the way to go : Dark Chocolate Is Healthy Chocolate

Not sure who brought up the shrimp chowder earlier this week... but I made it Manhattan style last night and it was fantastic! I left out the bacon and cream cheese, but did use a little bit of real butter for flavor. It was super healthy and oh so yummy!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator

OMG Joanna, I can hear my dad when reading your post. "Yous kids don't know how good yous have it. When I was a kid I had to walk 10 miles to school, uphill both ways, in the snow, with a broken leg. Only to find out that school was closed by the time I got there!" My reply??? "It's y'all dad, is yous even a word?" Haha
I can totally relate to the gain. The other day I weighed in at 192 point something. At one point I was as low as 168. Buuuutttttt it is what it is. As far as the 1/2 marathon, if I can do it, so can you! Where is the race?
Old 01-05-2013, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
Joanna, I know what you mean. I went on a chocolate binge last night and was totally out of control. I guess it's like they say, one day at a time.

Mike, the photos were beautiful. Especially liked the one with the cherub in focus and the altar in the background. And the b&w madonna w/ cross.

Hope, Glad things went well at the gym, and that you don't have any unpleasant side effects ;-)

Mern, Thanks for the tip about the Red Yeast Powder.

thanks Donna. I'm glad you liked them. I'll be going to NOLA today as well, I'll probably take more pics. No cemeteries though.

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Joanna, it's ok you can vent here! There are days when I don't feel good about myself but it's a lot easier to motivate ourselves when we accept where we are. That's my resolution to see myself as beautiful.

Mike, how appropriate that you should put the weeping angel picture on. Christmas was sad for me. New Orleans is on my bucket list. Although I have no idea what I could eat there. That was our inside joke with my Dad. He drove there himself and it's 1,100 miles from Detroit to New Orleans. Yeah, were would you ever need that little tidbit of information but we would all laugh.

Has anyone here ever used shitaki noodles? I was looking at them in the grocery store--very expensive but practically no carb and low in calories.
Bought lots of veggies and fruit.

Jenn
Jenn, sorry to hear that you had a sad Christmas. If you posted about it, I must have missed it. A few of the ladies here have come down to NOLA. All I can say is you can not be down here and on a diet. I don't care what anyone says, the food here is second to none! I'll be there today and can promise that between a shrimp poboy, pralines and beignets, I'm going to over do it. I haven't tried those noodles, I've heard about them and always wanted to but never saw them at the store when I thought to look for them.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, the race is in Chicago. I'm going to do a 5k in Pittsburgh in May, just so I can see what a race is like - never done one before! My sister is training for a marathon in February. I was visiting her over new years, and she goes out and runs 17 miles - crazy! Anyway, we'll see - I've never been much of a runner, but maybe having a goal to work towards will be motivating enough.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

No, Mike I wouldn't worry about being on diet--it's the salt and spicy food I would be concerned about. My Mom has an awful time on vacation because of all the salt that is in foods.

Jenn
Old 01-05-2013, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Mike, the race is in Chicago. I'm going to do a 5k in Pittsburgh in May, just so I can see what a race is like - never done one before! My sister is training for a marathon in February. I was visiting her over new years, and she goes out and runs 17 miles - crazy! Anyway, we'll see - I've never been much of a runner, but maybe having a goal to work towards will be motivating enough.
Believe it or not, I can't run a 1/4 mile. I usually walk/run the 1/2 marathons. Trust me, you'll find more motivation and energy than you ever though possible. Especially if its a big race. Not big as in distance, big as in turn out.

Originally Posted by jjrudd
No, Mike I wouldn't worry about being on diet--it's the salt and spicy food I would be concerned about. My Mom has an awful time on vacation because of all the salt that is in foods.

Jenn
Poor mom, looks like you'll be fine though.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Mike, you still doing the Charlotte 1/2?
Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
I was never much of a runner either. In fact i would tell people i can't run, because i was so bad at it. But i started a couch to 5k and did my first official 5k on thanksgiving. It was great. The adrenaline fueled me to my best 5k time ever. From there i moved my sights to something longer so I am signing up for my first half in April. I hope you go after your goal!! I read somewhere a good goal should both challenge and scare you. That's how i feel about the half, lol. Don't have the confidence yet that i can knock out 13 miles but I just focus on this weeks training and hopefully the distance will take care of itself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.