Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 12/31/12

Old 01-04-2013, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Scale is going down--I hope it's some fat loss and not just releasing water retention during the holidays--lots of ham. But water weight looks the same on me as fat weight, so I'll take any loss that makes me look and feel better.

Reports beginning Jan 2

Thursday report

Calorie range 1650-1800 almost--1622, 1421
Net carbs (carbs less fiber) limit average 25g 21, 25
Fiber minimum average 25g 57g, 33g
Protein minimum average 120g 180g, 159g
Sat fat limit average 10% of daily calories 10%, 12%
Cholesterol daily limit 250mg or less 184mg, 240mg
Water target 64 oz. YES, NO
Exercise 5 days per week DAY OFF, YES
Try at least one new recipe or food per week: mashed black soybeans with cinnamon on cucumber--edible, but not great

Last edited by Mern; 01-04-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't have any trouble finding our group because there are always so many posts that the blue title stuck right out in the motivation-support forum. Plus, it being flagged as moved should guide everyone to the right place. I think it'll work out very well. Thanks to all involved.

Mike, looking forward to your rocking it next week.

Cassie, nice that you're caught up in other areas. I hope your work load this year is less stressful.

Hope, kudos on the good eating and exercise with DD. I send my best wishes for her continued good practices when she's back at school. Your food plan looks great today, as always. I think I may be headed back to enjoying avocados more often--my head still spins over the doc telling me I don't need the extra calories of avocados since my cholesterol is now normal, yet the dietitian thinks my metabolism is slow because of not eating enough calories. I guess that leaves me to figure it out for myself. I demand a one size fits all diet and medical book with all the answers! Is that too much to ask? I hope you find your discussion group pleasurable.

Jenn, kudos on getting in your water. I didn't--got in maybe 48 of my 64 oz. target. It's smart to ease back into the exercise. Your shredded wheat minis sound nutritious. I also read that about cinnamon helping with both blood sugar and with weight loss.

Kim, welcome back! Best wishes on your half and full marathon goals!

Nyda, welcome! Kudos on having that diet journal so handy. Nice goals and I gotta admit I'd definitely count those Christmas tree storage trips as exercise. I count heavy housework as extra exercise.

Donna, I love veggies, but also love turkey, chicken and fish, so going under 200mg dietary cholesterol would be an awfully difficult challenge for me. I hope you can get your cholesterol down to and kept at normal, too. I had learned of problems with consistency of dosage/strength and the same possible negative side effects as statin meds with the red yeast rice extract but my doc recommended I use the powder form anyway. I also got rid of the nasty fish oil burps when I switched to the odorless, burpless fish oil.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Today's planned menu:

Breakfast: warm, textured veggie protein (TVP) rehydrated with banana protein shake (tastes like rice pudding--yum)

Lunch: turkey breast
zero cholesterol egg substitute
sweet & sour cucumbers

Dinner at a restaurant:
Sirloin with grilled onion, mushrooms and cheese (haven't decided whether I'll ask them to leave off the cheese.)
Tossed salad with ranch dressing
Green beans

Snack low carb protein shake with flaxmeal
Old 01-04-2013, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Stretch every day -yes, yes, yes, yes
2) 6 glasses of water minimum every day- ? 6 ?; um 5? 6?
3) Plan meals (except 12/31) -yes hahahahah, yes, yes, yes
4) Stick close to plan (except 12/31)-hahahaha; once again, hahahahaaha, NO yes5) 1600 calories max (except 12/31)-hahahaha
? 1120
6) WRITE- NO Yes some No yes
7) Practice Spanish NO yes No yes
8) Incorporate more creativity into my life: a bit with my cake no, no no
9) Listen more -NO didn't come up YES, YES
10) Do not JADE (justify/argue/defend/explain) NO yes, yes justified a little

Last edited by canary52; 01-06-2013 at 03:22 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'll be back on Monday. Y'all lovelies better be on your game because I don't wanna be the only one rocking it!!
Yeah, yeah. Don't worry about us; WE'VE been here. Where've you been?
Old 01-04-2013, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Cassie - Yes! I think I'll just pirate your goals #1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7! Can't say I could ever commit to exercising 6x a week though. Unless I could count not taking the elevator at work... which I have only used a few times in the past 8 years. I get some stair master in that way at least .
LOL, I was trying to give you my to-do list, not my goals, but if they work for you, use 'em!

Okay, Mike, we'll see you when we see you...last promise was Jan 1 .

Mern, I think it's going to take some trial and error on your part. You have always been good at figuring out what works and what doesn't; I'm sure you'll get this, too.

Spent the morning at PT then the oral surgeon with my son, and he has his sports physical this afternoon. Gotta love winter break! He's still having pain from his surgery but it is apparently normal and the result of his massiter(?) muscle bunching up. Now he has to apply heat and exercise his jaw.

The irony of that is not lost on me...him being told to exercise his jaw on purpose .
Old 01-04-2013, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, nice report for yesterday! Do I get props for not justifying a few minutes ago? I had my three mile exercise tape in and gave my son an emphatic, just plain "NO!" when he asked if I was doing all three miles of aerobic walking. LOL Actually, I got on here to put a promise in writing that I'll do a second mile before we go out to dinner this evening. I really struggled to finish the first mile and honestly didn't have the strength to continue.

Well, maybe we'd better start GATHERING some rocks. Evidently the whip doesn't scare Mike anymore. We could give new meaning to the words "rocking it." LOL
Old 01-04-2013, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, thanks for your encouragement. It really does help. Who's doing the PT--you or your son? That post oral surgery pain must be awful! I hope it works it's way out soon! But a major LOL on the irony of his exercising his jaw. My DH laughs every time I mention dentists and hygenists always tell me I have a small mouth. Apparently DH disagrees.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Cassie, thanks for your encouragement. It really does help. Who's doing the PT--you or your son? That post oral surgery pain must be awful! I hope it works it's way out soon! But a major LOL on the irony of his exercising his jaw. My DH laughs every time I mention dentists and hygenists always tell me I have a small mouth. Apparently DH disagrees.
LOL, same thing here...my mouth is apparently pretty small, too, but I guess size doesn't matter, right?

Unfortunately it's the boy doing PT. He injured his shoulder in Nov. while on the court and the ortho has given a number of exercises over two appts. but has now recently referred him to PT. It's not severe, but it is painful and he's not at full functioning, and he's very stressed because tryouts for the season start the end of the month . I'm really bummed for him and hope he can rehab it enough to have that experience again; he so enjoyed last year.

Come to think of it, I should do his exercises, because what he is describing sounds exactly like my shoulder impingement from last year and it's flaring up again.

And yes, mad props for not justifying, and I bet Hope will agree .
Old 01-04-2013, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, when you find that one-size fits all diet and medical book let me know!! Unfortunately, I don't go for Dr appointment until Feb. 14 and nutrionist appointment sometime in March (I have to call ahead). Thankful for this group to ask questions and get support.

Off to get my exercise in. Boy am I thankful for Wii games, it's pretty cold and windy today!
Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.