Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread for 12/31/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread for 12/31/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread for 12/31/12

Old 01-02-2013, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

- Get real (aka eat only real food): Mostly - just one Reece's peanut butter cup (mini 70 cal)
- Drink loads of water: Y
- Shun any and all remaining goodies (at home and work): see above...
Old 01-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

1. Calories 1200 max. 1089, ?? Haven't calculated my recipes yet, 1161
2. Exercise 6 days this week. One, Two
3. 64 oz. fluids daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Eat clean. Mostly, Mostly, Mostly
5. Take vitamins and supplements. Forgot calcium, Yes, Forgot calcium again

6. Write out master list for catch-up tasks & plan no later than Monday night... I did not do this Did it Tuesday
7. ...and stick to the plan! But I made progress on this Working on it, Still working on it
8. Take the boy driving (and parking). Driving today, Drove today also

Joanna, Ama, glad to see you on this side of the holidays. Happy new year!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Finally got 6 glasses of water in yesterday!
Haven't been grocery shopping yet so running low on fruits and veggies.
Hope to get some exercise in today. No excuse yesterday!

Jenn
Old 01-03-2013, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

With managing my blood sugar and cholesterol through diet alone and with calories coming from only protein, fat, and carbs, it's really hard to increase my calories from 1600 to 1800 to try to help speed up my metabolism without also increasing my carbs, saturated fat, and/or cholesterol. So I'm changing my calorie target to a "range" and will work on it week by week until I figure out how to do it. I think the key may be to putting in a lot more work and pre-logging my planned menu into the nutrition tracker.

Reports beginning Jan 2

Wednesday report

Calorie range 1650-1800 almost--1622
Net carbs (carbs less fiber) average 25g 21
Fiber average 25g a whopping 57g
Protein average 120g a whopping 180g
Sat fat average 10% of daily calories 10%
Cholesterol daily 250mg or less 184mg
Water 64 oz. YES
Exercise 5 days per week DAY OFF
Try at least one new recipe or food per week NOT YET
Old 01-03-2013, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, carbs are the hardest for me to control during the holidays, too. Congrats on really awesome and sensible goals to ease yourself back into a more healthful eating routing. We know you can do it. Reece's peanut butter cups ARE real--real yummy. All kidding aside, kudos on your restraint--that's real progress.

Jaonna! Hi! Wonderful that you were in Florida! It's 31 degrees in frigid Ohio as I type this and I'll bet PA isn't much better. Best wishes in the new year as you "figuring out your malaise" to and sum up the courage to do that September half-marathon. We know YOU can do it, too.

Jenn, the reminder about the water was more encouragement than admonishment--or more honestly "misery loves company." LOL I DETEST having to drink so much water as my body never adjusts as people say. I was up three times last night to drain. Kudos on getting all yours in, too. I don't feel like exercising, but will promise you I'll do it today, tomorrow, and Saturday.

Cassie, great reports this week! Way to go! I forgot--when can your son get his regular license to drive alone?

OK--gotta go eat breakfast and then on to pre-planning and pre-logging the rest of my day. Bothers me to have to concentrate so much on food, though...
Old 01-03-2013, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone

Well back to work and everything changes (less time) although yesterday my excuse was that it was MINUS 31 degrees with the windchill. I think I did good to make it to work lol and get gas. No outside exercise for me and didn't feel like making a trip to the pool or gym either. Ate good though- at least I can do that.

Some of you are cutting your carbs a lot. I think it's good and I wish I could but really not there yet.

Drinking water is fine though, because I really don't drink anything else (other than am coffee).

Best wishes to all on you journey for 2013.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I've still got a lot of work to do on my menu today. Got everything logged with a bunch of food and still am only a little over 1200 calories with protein higher than doc likes, carbs OK (just .8g over) sat fat and cholesterol nicely in line. I don't know how to eat 1800 calories and still keep my blood sugar and cholesterol normal without meds. I guess I'll have to do more research to find a way--so freakin' annoying I could just scream.

Robin, I got cold just READING your post! Minus 31! Way to go on your food intake! Best wishes on your carb cutting--it just takes practice but once you get rid of the cravings it's a lot easier. Wonderful that you're so good on your water. Bests wishes to you in 2013, too.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I had to laugh at your having to get up 3 times to drain! Yeah, my body never adjusts either.
I hear you on how much you have to concentrate on food. I haven't adjusted to that either--especially as I have to watch carbs and protein. Thankfully my glucose level has been in the normal range again after eating too many carbs over the holidays.

Jenn
Old 01-03-2013, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, this thread has gotten busy again!! Glad to see Joanna and Ama back, hope to see contributions from new people and hello to the gang!!!

Mern, I am so glad my turkey burger inspired you but I didn't have it!!! The waiter advised against it so I had a beef burger WITH bun (it was small) and a salad (instead of fries.)

I really blew it at dinner tho: Chinese food. Dumplings, noodles, shrimp and veg. Bad choice for me, and for DD. Then when we came home, I ate: turkey and cheese, a little couscous, cocoa almonds - more than my usual 12 or so. So I am hanging my head and then lifting it to say: new day.

So, Robin I have to get back to my carb watch, I feel better eating lower carb. And man, girl, that's cold. I cannot stand the cold anymore. Joanna, I am with you in spirit and hope to be in the Caribbean in body and spirit soon.

Mern, our mother/daughter theatre bonding: we went to see a play, had lunch and dinner and went shopping: FUN.

Last edited by canary52; 01-03-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Stretch every day -yes, yes, yes
2) 6 glasses of water minimum every day- ? 6 ?
3) Plan meals (except 12/31) -yes hahahahah, yes, yes
4) Stick close to plan (except 12/31)-hahahaha; once again, hahahahaaha, NO
5) 1600 calories max (except 12/31)-hahahaha 1530 ?
6) WRITE- NO Yes some No
7) Practice Spanish NO yes No
8) Incorporate more creativity into my life: a bit with my cake no, no
9) Listen more -NO didn't come up YES
10) Do not JADE (justify/argue/defend/explain) NO yes, yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.