Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat! >

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Old 04-03-2016, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

I agree that negative self-talk seldom, if ever, yields positive results. So many times I've caught myself saying/thinking things to myself and about myself that I would NEVER say to anyone else! But after years of practice in negative self-talk, it takes some work to change those old messages. I'm trying to be kinder to myself or at least to treat myself with as much kindness and dignity as I afford to others.

Thanks for reminding me that others struggle too and are finding ways to be kinder to themselves without running from their problems.

Vicki
Old 04-08-2016, 03:58 AM
Banned

Negativity is horrible and having it in your life is no way to live your life. I used to be very negative about the way I looked or just about my life in general. But over the past year I've learned to start every morning on a positive note, go to the gym to relieve any stress or frustration which then leads to a positive day for myself. There's no room for negative thoughts or negative people in anyone's life. No one is perfect and everyone struggles with something so just know you're not alone in feeling certain ways about how you look or eating too much or whatever it is. Just strive to live a positive life and do what makes you happy which will lead to great happiness.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

This is so true, thank you for posting it. Some time this week I had about 40 lbs left, however have been avoiding the scale. This is one of those weeks when I don't want to know, will do different things next week.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mnge
This is so true, thank you for posting it. Some time this week I had about 40 lbs left, however have been avoiding the scale. This is one of those weeks when I don't want to know, will do different things next week.
There is always next week. You can pick yourself back up, change what needs to be change and rock on!
Old 01-24-2017, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

Exactly, and appreciate the OP giving a pretty thorough list of the change areas. Many thanks again
Old 11-28-2017, 09:47 PM
FitDay Member

If you are giving the following excuses then probably your excuses are the reason why you are fat.
• “I ate out a lot this weekend”
• “I am putting on muscles”
• “My clothes keep shrinking in the dryer “
• “They are making these clothes smaller “
• “This scale is wrong!”
So what can you possibly do to avoid these excuses and get fit?
Here is something that most experts recommend
• Set your long term fitness goals
• Find yourself a partner/friend that motivates you to get fit
• Try ignoring your bad mood or invest that time in exercising more
• Follow a regular diet with exercises
01gt4.6 likes this.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:29 PM
FitDay Member

If I remember right you name is mike. It has been a while since I stopped in . I like the way you think. I still have a lot of pounds to take off, but I am not starting over. I finally got the tendinitis in my left heel cleared up, and the cellulitis infection cleared up and the ice has melted off the road. Me and the puppy are starting to get out there. Nyda
Old 01-25-2018, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by adyndravo1
I finally got the tendinitis in my left heel cleared up, and the cellulitis infection cleared up and the ice has melted off the road. Me and the puppy are starting to get out there. Nyda

Good for you for keeping up the fight! I lost my way too, but have finally started getting back on track. Good Luck to you!! (and yes, his name is Mike. he seems to be Missing In Action lately though)
Old 03-13-2018, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Reece59
• Set your long term fitness goals
• Find yourself a partner/friend that motivates you to get fit
• Try .... invest that time in exercising more
• Follow a regular diet with exercises
Thanks Reece! and of course Mike for starting this, and everyone else for contributing
01gt4.6 likes this.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

So are there no genetic predispositions to be overweight and it is just habits then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.