Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat! >

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Hey fattie, your excuses are why you are fat!

Old 06-02-2012, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Cate,

Your welcome and you deserve the kudos. My husband had his diabetes under control for many years then his a1c started going up. Doctor put him on three medications but it still kept going up. Now he is on Metformin, Actos and insulin. Insulin is only once a day and has brought his a1c down to normal. Going on insulin was hard and gave us a wake up call with his diabetes. We tweaked his diet where it needed it and moved on. The doctor is trying to take him off of Actos as it is said to be bad for the bladder.

I am so proud of you for taking control of your health. I hope your appointment in July goes well. You are doing a awesome job.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:43 PM
FitDay Member

You have done great. Congratulations. As far as your bluntness I have to say we all need to hear it once and a while. I was on here about 2 years ago now, and excuses made me stop my quest for a healthier life style and the reshaping of my body. My worst excuses were:
1) I do not have time to exercise--If I have time to watch TV or be on the computer then I have time to exercise!!!!
2) I do not have time to cook 2 meals one; for me and one for my meat and potato husband-- I cook one meal, I just make several types of sides to go with the meal so that I can eat more of the nutrient rich, lower calorie sides and still feel full (one benefit of this is that with the bigger variety of sides the husband is now eating a little bit of the vegetables)
3) There isn't enough time today to make a healthy meal...today I will just do something easy (normally more highly processed and full of fat)--I now plan meals in advance and do preparation for them in advanced so that when I come home I can make the meals quickly.
4) Exercise is boring--I try not to do the same thing 2 days in a row, also I do simple things like park in the farthest part of the parking lot and walk. I take the stairs instead of the elevator etc.
5) I am too tired to exercise--I know that the more exercise I do the more energy I have.
Being overweight has been my choice. The excuses I have used made it easy to blame other things. Now it is MY choice to not listen to those excuses, but to know the truth!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Love your brutal honesty! It's so true...we make so many excuses. Your "can do" and "DO IT!" attitude is just what I needed to read this morning to help get my butt in gear. You look great! Congratulations on your accomplishments and thanks for the motivation!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default great thread !

man this place just gives me a lot of inspiration!!! thanks to all !,, I am working on my second BLOCK thes wher 10 mini goals of 185lbs I am using as stepping stones along my journey !,, now with other small steps that I have expireance this am my blood sugar number is the lowest it has been since I began the journey 118!,, I fell better,, my size 52 pants are falling off!,, I am stoaked!,, can't wait to get walking alot !
Old 07-01-2012, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Great job , congratulations to you
Old 07-01-2012, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Schedule Your Workouts in the Morning!

i would always use excuses to get out of working out. And now I schedule my workouts first thing in the morning and this helps me stay on track!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:47 PM
FitDay Member

I'm four weeks postpartum.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

LOL at the title of this. Comical. Good points though.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

This is something I've really been working with coming to terms with. I didn't gain weight because I went on birth control, or because my family is fat and I was doomed...I have been eating too much unhealthy food and not exercising for over 5 years now. That is why I have gained 70 pounds. That weight is not going to come off quickly or easily, and even once it does, that's the only the beginning of the battle. In order to be successful, I need to take responsibility for myself and how I treat my body. Its the only one I have. I've just begun my journey, and I know I will no doubt have bad days. My overarching goal isn't actually weight loss...its taking responsibility for my health and well-being. Weight loss is simply part of that.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Need support and honesty

I know I've used all of the excuses listed. I am 33 and have a sweet 10 month old boy. I had to return to work 6 weeks after he was born It has been stressful and I promised myself I would change my eating habit and exercise habits for him, but I have gained 25 pounds since he was born. I didn't think I could gain so fast, but my sedentary lifestyle and sit down job made it very easy to gain. Plus, I was using food to cope with stress and negative emotions.

I do not want to leave my son motherless. I love him so much and I know that he deserves a healthy mommy with a lot of energy. Ironically, he is a very high energy, wiry little guy! I know I need to change to keep up with him.

Joining this site has helped to spell it out for me. I am definitely eating the wrong things and too much of them. Seeing it in black and white was a wake up call.

It has been an up and down battle with weight for me over the past 15 years. I am ready to make a change now, and no better time than now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.