Accountability thread: 08/10/20-08/16/20 >

Accountability thread: 08/10/20-08/16/20

Community
Notices

Accountability thread: 08/10/20-08/16/20

Old 08-12-2020, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

Default Accountability thread: 08/10/20-08/16/20

Yowza! No progress on the weight loss front, and I have lost focus. So: back at it.

I have this feeling that no matter how much I maintain my weight, I won't lose unless I start to add some movement to the mix. Dieting is the big driver, but it's having milder and milder effects as I age. I saw that when I was laid up in bed with a broken arm and a fractured knee (still hurts!) for three weeks and lost 3 pounds on a hospital-food diet and no snacks.

Those hospital portions are quite small. Sometimes, they forgot to put all the food on the plate, too! I had a semi-private room with a roomie who stashed candy all over the room. She always tried to get me to take some, but candy is not my thing. And after all that, no snacks, small portions... 3 lbs.

It's just not fair.

I should be able to walk outside, at least. But that holds no appeal. The Y is admitting people and spacing them 6 feet apart, sanitizing all the machines between uses, and making everyone wear a mask. OK. Now, I actually have to go to the Y to take advantage of all of that! The good news is that there is an outdoor course, so it is possible to exercise outdoors. May try that. In 90 degree heat! Good excuse to wear shorts and drink a lot of water!