Weekly Challenge 01/14/19-01/20/19 >

Weekly Challenge 01/14/19-01/20/19

Community
Notices

Weekly Challenge 01/14/19-01/20/19

Old 01-16-2019, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mtlgirl

Hi Mike! You should definitely come to NYC! And yes I have a Fitbit. I love my Fitbit! We could be Fitbit friends if you have one too.
I do, send me a request (I don't remember how to send one)
Mike Seoane
Old 01-16-2019, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

Good Morning from Aussieland!
Some of mine are kinda easy, cause I don't normally keep alcohol in the house (only buy it for parties and stuff), and I've not been buying junk intentionally.
I'm lucky with my work, while it can be crazy sometimes, when it's quiet we can go do PT, so got knocked off early to go to the gym (I'm military, so they like the whole fitness thing lol).
So my boss knew I'd slept in and missed gym in the morning so she let me go at 1530. Winning!

GYM/EX - N Y Y Y
NO JUNK - Y Y Y Y
NO ALC - Y Y Y Y
MyFit Pal Log - Y Y Y Y
Read Book - N N Y Y

Rosa, don't sweat it too much, you're doing great, I'm sure you'll knock out the extra steps this week!
Kathy, great job so far!
Mike, keep pushing, you'll get the steps up. You know all the tricks (park far away blah blah blah), go kill it!
Old 01-17-2019, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator

My goals: Intermittent fasting and 10 minutes of physical therapy (leg work for my knee).
01/14: done
01/15: done
01/16: done
01/17:
01/18:
01/19:
01/:20:
Old 01-17-2019, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wowgirl88
Good Morning from Aussieland!
Some of mine are kinda easy, cause I don't normally keep alcohol in the house (only buy it for parties and stuff), and I've not been buying junk intentionally.
I'm lucky with my work, while it can be crazy sometimes, when it's quiet we can go do PT, so got knocked off early to go to the gym (I'm military, so they like the whole fitness thing lol).
So my boss knew I'd slept in and missed gym in the morning so she let me go at 1530. Winning!

GYM/EX - N Y Y Y
NO JUNK - Y Y Y Y
NO ALC - Y Y Y Y
MyFit Pal Log - Y Y Y Y
Read Book - N N Y Y

Rosa, don't sweat it too much, you're doing great, I'm sure you'll knock out the extra steps this week!
Kathy, great job so far!
Mike, keep pushing, you'll get the steps up. You know all the tricks (park far away blah blah blah), go kill it!
G'day mate. Good job on the goals thus far. What book are you reading? I would park for away but I work from home. I did get t get out the other day and go grocery shopping, that helped with steps but I still fell a little short. I've been close every day, I'll get there, I shouldn't have made that a goal, maybe next week I can get in my steps.

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
My goals: Intermittent fasting and 10 minutes of physical therapy (leg work for my knee).
01/17:
01/18:
01/19:
done, done and done. Short and sweet. I like that! Keep it up!!

Goals:
1) 100 water per day: Yes, yes, yes
2) 6k steps per day: No, no, no
3) No alcohol: None, none, none

Water and no alcohol is going well. The Saints are still in the playoffs, but I'm going to do my best to not crack open a beer for the game. The steps remain a challenge, but I'll get there.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

Nice job Kathy, trucking along well!
Mike, it's all good, maybe look at the averege steps you did per day this week, and make it next week's goal? Or add a little bit for the goal?
Keep in mind that for mine, I allow myself junk and alcohol some days, it's just managing what's more important... one drink after work at home by myself, or going to the base boozer with mates on Friday and having a couple? If you like a drink during a game it's fine, as long as it's not every day. :P
And I'm currently reading the Mortal Engines series.... little bit aimed at 'tweens', but I'm a sucker for those kinds of books lol (HP, Divergent, Hunger Games....). I used to read all the time, but fell out of the habit, trying to get back into it.

GYM/EX - N Y Y Y Y
NO JUNK - Y Y Y Y Y
NO ALC - Y Y Y Y Y
MyFit Pal Log - Y Y Y Y Y
Read Book - N N Y Y N
Old 01-18-2019, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!

I'm a whole day behind in checking in, so sorry about that! I had a veeeeerrrrry long day yesterday working until after 9pm, followed by a long commute home because I was all the way up in The Bronx. I still managed to walk over 15,000 steps for two days in a row, which I'm super proud of!

The big news is I finally got the courage to step on a scale. That was definitely terrifying, because I hadn't weighed myself in months and was prepared for the worst, which would be if I was back up to my highest weight ever. Logically I knew I wasn't because of the way my clothes fit, but my disordered brain was reeling with worry, and now that I've done it I can breathe and just go forward towards a healthier weight. I was 213.8, which is pretty terrible, but at least I know what I'm dealing with. I'll weigh in again tomorrow morning to see how this week affects that number.

I'm very impressed with everyone's weeks this week! Thank you all for all the motivation!

Wowgirl, you are killing it! Great job with the PT this week!
Mike, keep it up! You are doing great! When I am working at a desk, the Fitbit buzzes on my wrist to tell me to move 10 minutes before every hour, so I get up and do high knees until I've completed 250 steps. I also get up for every phone call and literally march in place in my office or pace, to get extra steps in. Desk jobs are very challenging when it comes to moving enough.
Kathy, great job girl! I tried intermittent fasting and it was tough. Good for you for nailing it this week!
Tori, I hope you're having a great week!

So here are my stats:

1. LOG FOOD 6X: YES/ YES/ YES
2. NO SWEETS 6X: YES/ YES/ YES
3. GYM/EXERCISE 4X NO/ YES/ NO
4. WALK 10,000 STEPS 6X NO/ YES/ YES
5. WEIGH IN 1X NOT YET/ YES!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 01-18-2019 at 03:38 AM.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quick check in and I have to head out the door. I'll check back later and read everything!

Goals:
1) 100 water per day: Yes, yes, yes, yes
2) 6k steps per day: No, no, no, yes
3) No alcohol: None, none, none, none
Old 01-18-2019, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I do, send me a request (I don't remember how to send one)
Mike Seoane
Mike I couldn't find you with just your name. PM me your email address.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

100% chance of rain tomorrow so my steps will suffer. I’m going to try to give it hell though.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

01/17: done
01/18: done
01/19:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.