FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Weekly Challenge 01/14/19-01/20/19 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/27189-weekly-challenge-01-14-19-01-20-19-a.html)

01gt4.6 01-15-2019 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Kathy13118 (Post 140127)
Last week was not as difficult as I thought it would be! I can do this!
My goals: Intermittent fasting and 10 minutes of physical therapy (leg work for my knee).

01/14: done
01/15:
01/16:
01/17:
01/18:
01/19:
01/:20:

Great job Kathy!!

mtlgirl 01-15-2019 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 140123)
Rosa is in the house!!!! Welcome back girl!. Nice set of goals!

THANKS so much, Mike! It's good to be back!

:)

ToriD1012 01-15-2019 07:00 AM

1–log all food—yep
2–gym 5 times—yep
3–log all exercise—yep
4–water, 3 daily—nope

Rosa, welcome back.

I haven’t been active here since 2012-13. I’ve tried to start again time and time again, but it just doesn’t stick. For some reason I woke up with a renewed determination a couple of weeks ago. So I’m here. I’m down 4.8 pounds since last Monday. I’m technically shooting for 1-2 lbs a week. Something attainable and manageable.

For those that don’t know me. At my heaviest (nov 2011) I was 255-260 lbs. I’m 5’5”ish. So I was basically as big around as I am tall. I lost 78lbs in 9 months and felt fantastic. Then BF (now husband) came home from the army and I indulged in all of the food he had missed. I literally baked a cake, from scratch, every weekend for 3 months. I gained almost 20lbs in 3 months :eek: Cut to Summer of 2013. Something was wrong and I just didn’t know what. I literally would fall asleep talking to someone. I had no energy. And I hurt. Oh my god, everything hurt. All the time. In August of that year I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. All of my symptoms finally made sense, yet I still just couldn’t do anything. I had NO desire to lose the weight I had gained.

This past year I was told I’m in a drug induced remission. Which is AMAZING. It basically means that disease progression is at a minimum. It’s not to say that I won’t have bad days, I will, and I do. Yesterday was one of those days. We went to the gym like normal, I started slow on the treadmill and was gradually increasing my speed. Then the wall hit. I KNEW I wouldn’t be able to physically do what I mentally wanted to. So I backed down. One this the last 5 years has taught me is to listen to my body. When I don’t I pay for it for days to come. I walked 1.5 miles at a slow pace. I was happy with that. It’s a mile more that I physically thought I’d be able to do yesterday.

This morning I woke up tired. I woke up hurting. I listened. I decided to skip the gym today and looked up yoga videos on YouTube. I did that instead. I did roughly 30 minutes. It’s what my joints needed today. So even though I technically didn’t go to the gym, I’m counting it. At least I did SOMETHING.

01gt4.6 01-15-2019 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 140132)

1–log all food—yep
2–gym 5 times—yep
3–log all exercise—yep
4–water, 3 daily—nope

Rosa, welcome back.

I haven’t been active here since 2012-13. I’ve tried to start again time and time again, but it just doesn’t stick. For some reason I woke up with a renewed determination a couple of weeks ago. So I’m here. I’m down 4.8 pounds since last Monday. I’m technically shooting for 1-2 lbs a week. Something attainable and manageable.

For those that don’t know me. At my heaviest (nov 2011) I was 255-260 lbs. I’m 5’5”ish. So I was basically as big around as I am tall. I lost 78lbs in 9 months and felt fantastic. Then BF (now husband) came home from the army and I indulged in all of the food he had missed. I literally baked a cake, from scratch, every weekend for 3 months. I gained almost 20lbs in 3 months :eek: Cut to Summer of 2013. Something was wrong and I just didn’t know what. I literally would fall asleep talking to someone. I had no energy. And I hurt. Oh my god, everything hurt. All the time. In August of that year I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. All of my symptoms finally made sense, yet I still just couldn’t do anything. I had NO desire to lose the weight I had gained.

This past year I was told I’m in a drug induced remission. Which is AMAZING. It basically means that disease progression is at a minimum. It’s not to say that I won’t have bad days, I will, and I do. Yesterday was one of those days. We went to the gym like normal, I started slow on the treadmill and was gradually increasing my speed. Then the wall hit. I KNEW I wouldn’t be able to physically do what I mentally wanted to. So I backed down. One this the last 5 years has taught me is to listen to my body. When I don’t I pay for it for days to come. I walked 1.5 miles at a slow pace. I was happy with that. It’s a mile more that I physically thought I’d be able to do yesterday.

This morning I woke up tired. I woke up hurting. I listened. I decided to skip the gym today and looked up yoga videos on YouTube. I did that instead. I did roughly 30 minutes. It’s what my joints needed today. So even though I technically didn’t go to the gym, I’m counting it. At least I did SOMETHING.

Good job on your goals, except for the water... of course.;) I'm in the same boat too, back then I was motivated and was doing great. Then something happened.... I lost motivation, got lazy and fat. I'm back to looking like my before picture from my signature. Unlike you, I was my downfall, I can't blame it on anything by what's in my head. Good job on knowing your limits and continuing to make great strides (pun intended). 30 Minutes on Yoga sounds like a good compromise!

I'm feeling some motivation right now and have really changed my "diet" for the day. I just need to stay focused and keep plugging away.

wowgirl88 01-15-2019 09:02 AM

GYM/EX - N Y Y
NO JUNK - Y Y Y
NO ALC - Y Y Y
MyFit Pal Log - Y Y Y
Read Book - N N Y

Yay, managed all of the above yesterday.
Woke up late this morning (don't even remember my alarm going off!), so just counting a win that I still woke up on time for work, if not gym.
Now gotta force myself to go this arvo after work. :/

ToriD, great to see you're back in it. Doing something is 10 times better than nothing, so great job!
Mike, Rosa, good stuff! :)

mtlgirl 01-16-2019 12:15 AM

Good morning, everyone! My first day was really great food-wise. Unfortunately I didn't get to a gym and I didn't complete my 10,000 steps. Unfortunately I ended up working too much and only got to 6,400. But I am determined to walk 12,000 steps a day for the rest of the week to compensate. This actually isn't that hard to do when you live in NYC.

Tori, thank you so much for the warm welcome and for sharing your story. I am so sorry to hear about all that you had to endure with your rheumatoid arthritis. Your strength and optimism are really inspiring. As for me, at my heaviest I weighed 234 pounds, and I'm 5'3" so that was horribly uncomfortable, and psychologically difficult to bear. Ironically, everything else was my life is going well when I reached that point. I worked in London for 5 months in 2013-14, and after I got back I got married to my (now) wife, who I have been with for almost 17 years now. We had a very long engagement :) I'm Canadian and she's American and she couldn't sponsor me for immigration until DOMA was repealed, which it was while I was in London. Our wedding day was the happiest day! We got married in Central Park in the Spring with all the trees in bloom. It was truly spectacular. Then I had to go back to Canada, and the immigration process began, and I had to sell my home, get rid of more than half of my belongings (because NY apartments are tiny) and I guess I kind of ate my way through all of that. So I arrived in New York almost at my heaviest - I gained more while I was searching for a job. I found one pretty quickly and my career has been going great since then. I love living here. I love our tiny apartment, and although I know I'm not at my heaviest anymore, I still have a long way to go. So here I am determined to feel better and get more fit.

Wowgirl, you did amazing! Mike, great job!

1. LOG FOOD 6X: YES
2. NO SWEETS 6X: YES
3. GYM/EXERCISE 4X NO
4. WALK 10,000 STEPS 6X NO
5. WEIGH IN 1X NOT YET

Kathy13118 01-16-2019 01:39 AM

My goals: Intermittent fasting and 10 minutes of physical therapy (leg work for my knee).
01/14: done
01/15: done
01/16:
01/17:
01/18:
01/19:
01/:20:

01gt4.6 01-16-2019 02:05 AM

Goals:
1) 100 water per day: Yes, yes
2) 6k steps per day: No, no
3) No alcohol: None, none

I missed my step goal again. Having a desk job makes it difficult to get in my steps. I hope we have some good weather soon so I can get out and get some steps!

01gt4.6 01-16-2019 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by mtlgirl (Post 140140)
Good morning, everyone! My first day was really great food-wise. Unfortunately I didn't get to a gym and I didn't complete my 10,000 steps. Unfortunately I ended up working too much and only got to 6,400. But I am determined to walk 12,000 steps a day for the rest of the week to compensate. This actually isn't that hard to do when you live in NYC.

Tori, thank you so much for the warm welcome and for sharing your story. I am so sorry to hear about all that you had to endure with your rheumatoid arthritis. Your strength and optimism are really inspiring. As for me, at my heaviest I weighed 234 pounds, and I'm 5'3" so that was horribly uncomfortable, and psychologically difficult to bear. Ironically, everything else was my life is going well when I reached that point. I worked in London for 5 months in 2013-14, and after I got back I got married to my (now) wife, who I have been with for almost 17 years now. We had a very long engagement :) I'm Canadian and she's American and she couldn't sponsor me for immigration until DOMA was repealed, which it was while I was in London. Our wedding day was the happiest day! We got married in Central Park in the Spring with all the trees in bloom. It was truly spectacular. Then I had to go back to Canada, and the immigration process began, and I had to sell my home, get rid of more than half of my belongings (because NY apartments are tiny) and I guess I kind of ate my way through all of that. So I arrived in New York almost at my heaviest - I gained more while I was searching for a job. I found one pretty quickly and my career has been going great since then. I love living here. I love our tiny apartment, and although I know I'm not at my heaviest anymore, I still have a long way to go. So here I am determined to feel better and get more fit.

Wowgirl, you did amazing! Mike, great job!

1. LOG FOOD 6X: YES
2. NO SWEETS 6X: YES
3. GYM/EXERCISE 4X NO
4. WALK 10,000 STEPS 6X NO
5. WEIGH IN 1X NOT YET

Do you have a fitbit? One of these years I'm going to plan a family trip to NYC for around Christmas time. We lived in NY (Governor's Island) when I was a little kid. I don't really remember it. I still have family that lives in NY but I never get out there to visit. One day I'll make it happen.

wowgirl88, great job on the goals. You're killing it!

mtlgirl 01-16-2019 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 140143)
Do you have a fitbit? One of these years I'm going to plan a family trip to NYC for around Christmas time. We lived in NY (Governor's Island) when I was a little kid. I don't really remember it. I still have family that lives in NY but I never get out there to visit. One day I'll make it happen.

wowgirl88, great job on the goals. You're killing it!

Hi Mike! You should definitely come to NYC! And yes I have a Fitbit. I love my Fitbit! We could be Fitbit friends if you have one too.