FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   My Weight Loss and Transformation Journey - Please join me! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/26948-my-weight-loss-transformation-journey-please-join-me.html)

Transf0rmMe 08-12-2018 07:30 AM

My Weight Loss and Transformation Journey - Please join me!

Hi All,

I am new to the board and I am just embarking on my transformation journey. I plan to record and update progress both here and on a new Youtube channel I have created, updates will be a couple of times per week. I am hoping that a number of you may be interested in following along either to offer support, which would be amazing, or, because you are on similar journeys yourselves and we can keep each-other motivated and held to account.

A bit about me:
I am a 40 year old Dad, married with two kids
Stressful full time job, so limited 'free' time
I enjoy beers and junk food. As a result of not managing this very well recently I have gained a lot of weight.
Due to a busy life I will not become a 'gym fanatic' or suddenly complete hours of cardio... but I will improve both and get the sensible weight loss results over the coming months
This is not my first time at this, so I know I will be successful

The journey has only just started for me this time around and I have recorded a couple of videos to introduce myself, what I will be doing, and my first weigh in. Please check them out and follow along both on Youtube and here.

I really hope you will join me! The ID for video is Hi All,

I am new to the board and I am just embarking on my transformation journey. I plan to record and update progress both here and on a new Youtube channel I have created, updates will be a couple of times per week. I am hoping that a number of you may be interested in following along either to offer support, which would be amazing, or, because you are on similar journeys yourselves and we can keep each-other motivated and held to account.

A bit about me:
I am a 40 year old Dad, married with two kids
Stressful full time job, so limited 'free' time
I enjoy beers and junk food. As a result of not managing this very well recently I have gained a lot of weight.
Due to a busy life I will not become a 'gym fanatic' or suddenly complete hours of cardio... but I will improve both and get the sensible weight loss results over the coming months
This is not my first time at this, so I know I will be successful

The journey has only just started for me this time around and I have recorded a couple of videos to introduce myself, what I will be doing, and my first weigh in. Please check them out and follow along both on Youtube and here.

I really hope you will join me! The ID for first video on YT is YdaXIwTGD4o

Kathy13118 08-13-2018 12:38 AM

Welcome!
And good luck with your journey!

Elli2020 08-23-2018 05:42 PM

Welcome Transf0rmMe. I too am new to the board and struggler just like you. I hope you hit your target fitness goal real soon.

Asparagus7 08-24-2018 02:50 AM

Hi, Transf0rmMe,

I think that your honesty is great. I struggle with putting myself out there (even on this anonymous setting). I read your post and I just wanted to say that you don't have to be a gym fanatic to lose weight! I ran 14 miles last week and did not lose any weight. People think that exercise is going to make a huge difference but it doesn't. Of course you should exercise some, but going crazy at the gym won't do it. It's about what you eat. I would say to find "healthy" junk foods and limit portions. For example, I sometimes do 100 cal popcorn packs with different spices. And it's tasty- like a sweet heat rub or roasted garlic sprinkle. DELICIOUS!

Best of luck to you! YOU CAN DO THIS!