fat, diabetic and depressed

Community
Notices
Like Tree1Likes

fat, diabetic and depressed

Old 11-29-2017, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default fat, diabetic and depressed

I'm not originally this fat. I just got to where I am now because I've given up on losing weight. This is the fattest I got. Please help me start a new journey towards losing weight. I've been seeing a shrink but not regularly because I live a little far.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

The first step is the hardest but once you start, you can get some momentum going. You'll know when that happens.

Make a plan and commit to it. Then revise it if you didn't take certain factors into account. Then revise it again if need be. You'll find something that works for you.

Good luck!
Old 11-29-2017, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

start it up and stay consistent. consistency is the key
Old 11-30-2017, 05:20 PM
FitDay Member

Yes, it's true the first step is the hardest and yes, consistency is the key. That is my problem right there - consistency. I am so not religious about anything I do. It's frustrating. My partner and I have been having problems but always we try to mend them, sometimes through couples counseling exercises. I started walking a few days ago but when I got home, I gobbled a ham sandwich. I couldn't help myself!

Last edited by Kathy13118; 11-30-2017 at 05:26 PM. Reason: removed llnk
Old 11-30-2017, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Going for a walk may be a stress-reducer for some people. And not for others. I guess you found out that, for you, it's the latter category! Maybe you can plan a lower-calorie snack and have that ready for when you get back from a walk or other kind of exercise.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:50 PM
Banned

a
Old 12-15-2017, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Candi, I feel your pain. I'm in the midst of reading about about bingeing and I realize now that my mind just shuts off when I'm in the middle of a binge. I don't think about anything but the motion of hand to mouth.

As for consistency, the only consistency I have is returning to the binge. I finally recognize this behavior and I hope by doing so I can control it.

I wish you luck in your journey.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

hello Candi - thanks for sharing this and hope its going better for you. The Fitday community is really supportive and will root for you every step of the way.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Candi,

I hope you are happier now reading this when you first wrote your posrt. I think a lot of the dieting and body image stuff is all tied into physiological stuff. I am not one bit qualified on that. All I know is that almost all pain, even hunger is temporary. You have made it past obstacles before so you can again.
Coming home to bad food is making it to easy for you to fail. It may not be fun to throw away some of the bad food you have, but I would recommend it.
I like to make a game out of everything. That is why I like entering all of my food on fit day. I like to weigh myself once at the same time each day. You can make new goals all of the time. Small goals are key, because you need victories. That will boost your confidence a bit. You know if you can keep winning the daily battles, you will win the war.
Good luck to you. You deserve to be happy as much as anybody else.
ToriD1012 likes this.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dominickolas
Small goals are key, because you need victories. . . . .You deserve to be happy as much as anybody else.
Thank you so much for this dominickolas

Candi hope its going better for you. Feeling better here after the first five gone (yes they are the easiest & just going to keep going)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.