Notices

New to fitday

Old 05-21-2017, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

Default New to fitday

Tomorrow I kick off.....again! I don't know what has happened in the last 15 months but something has gone terribly wrong. I used to weigh 156...happy...healthy...for about 15 years. Then over the last year-ish, I have spiralled out of control. Weighing in at 190, my heaviest weight in my life....it is time to get serious and I believe this tool may provide the motivation, the accountability and the game mentality I need to get rolling. Fingers crossed!
Old 05-21-2017, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck! Keep at it and you'll lose the weight. The trick is how to keep at it!
Old 06-06-2017, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
The trick is how to keep at it!
thank you Kathy

Monkeytrio, if you do have a minute to let us know how it's going, many of us here are having similar experiences. I'm not sure if I'm at my heaviest ever, I'll let you know next week. Logging in here regularly & keep track of food and exercise, tends to help me make progress and feel better.

Good luck
Old 06-26-2017, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Internal drive.

I'm redoing my dedication to lowering my A1c and my blood pressure. I've been a diabetic since 2007 and my dietician recommended fitday to me and so i took her advice and bought the pc version. this is my 1st post though on the online version. So I want to use this as a spring board and encouragement to all of you who are struggling to keep going in your weight management here on fitday. I know its tough. But I do know that if you change your thinking first and start listening to motivational music for working out that usually will lead to other changes that you see in your lives and before you know it, you will have reached your goal only to reset your goal for newer horizons. I walked 6.3 miles today and so far have burned over 4000 calories today. Yes You can! You can do this! Keep it up because Champions don't quit; Champions Excel at whatever they do. Here? We are all champions.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Keep on keepin' on! You'll get there.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Kathy, Since I wrote that post I have lost 10 lbs. I am using the Book The Dash Diet for Dummies. it is very informative plus using fitday to keep things analyzed and exercising like crazy. I have a doctors appointment coming up on July 31st. Im hoping that the Dash diet is going to keep my A1c down as it is the number one diet in the world. I feel better now that Im really getting in to do this. I am finding out though that the Dash diet isn't really a diet though. It is more of a correct way to eat and it lessens the salt intake I take in on a daily basis. This morning I am drinking my 32 oz coffee with 5 tablespoons of sugarfee coffee creamer. I eaven have begun tracking my macronutrient and vitamin intake also with fitday pc with the help of the dash book. Truly Champions do excel at what they can achieve.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

Your doctor will be pleased when he sees how much weight you've lost!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

Doctor says Champions don't Quit.