FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 day thread beginning 2/13/17 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/15478-7-day-thread-beginning-2-13-17-a.html)

01gt4.6 02-13-2017 03:55 PM

7 day thread beginning 2/13/17
 
Who's in??

My goals for the week.
DAILY:
1) 10,000 steps per day
2) 5 miles
3) 100 oz of water

zootnarf 02-14-2017 03:43 PM

I'm in.

Goals for the week:

1) Calories under 1,400 (6 days)
2) 10,000 steps (7 days)
3) Log all food (7 days)
4) Stairs (3 days)
5) Strength band exercises (3 days)

Monday Report: Calories: Y, Steps: Y, Log: Y, Stairs: N, Band: N

01gt4.6 02-14-2017 04:00 PM

My goals for the week.
DAILY:
1) 10,000 steps per day: M-yes (16,122)
2) 5 miles: M-yes (7.15)
3) 100 oz of water: M-yes (100)

01gt4.6 02-14-2017 04:02 PM


Originally Posted by zootnarf (Post 124576)
I'm in.

Goals for the week:

1) Calories under 1,400 (6 days)
2) 10,000 steps (7 days)
3) Log all food (7 days)
4) Stairs (3 days)
5) Strength band exercises (3 days)

Monday Report: Calories: Y, Steps: Y, Log: Y, Stairs: N, Band: N

Welcome back. Looks like it just might be us again. Big congrats on the steps last week! Looks like I'll be stuck behind my desk today so It's going to be a challenge to get in my steps today.

libby135 02-14-2017 04:12 PM

Hi all. Still sick, that's 3 weeks now. No energy. Calories 1100 or less but gaining weight. Blaa.

Looks like you guys are doing well. Keep up the good work. See you on the flip side.

zootnarf 02-15-2017 02:58 PM


Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 124578)
Welcome back. Looks like it just might be us again. Big congrats on the steps last week! Looks like I'll be stuck behind my desk today so It's going to be a challenge to get in my steps today.

Thanks, Mike! I'm not hiking this weekend until Monday (holiday), so the Fitbit Weekend Warrior should be a closer contest. I'm a desk sitter on weekdays, too, but I eat my lunch at my desk so I can walk on my hour lunch. That's how I get all those steps in during the week. Finding time for the other stuff (stair, strength) is more of a challenge for me.

Libby, I hope you feel better soon. Three weeks of sickness is not ok!

Goals for the week:

1) Calories under 1,400 (6 days): M-Yes (1,282), T-Yes (1,434)
2) 10,000 steps (7 days): M-Yes (17,745), T-Yes (14,005)
3) Log all food (7 days): M-Yes, T-Yes
4) Stairs (3 days): M-No, T-No
5) Strength band exercises (3 days): M-No, T-No

01gt4.6 02-15-2017 04:05 PM


Originally Posted by libby135 (Post 124579)
Hi all. Still sick, that's 3 weeks now. No energy. Calories 1100 or less but gaining weight. Blaa.

Looks like you guys are doing well. Keep up the good work. See you on the flip side.

Wow, 3 weeks. I thought us guys only got that sick.;)


Originally Posted by zootnarf (Post 124627)
Thanks, Mike! I'm not hiking this weekend until Monday (holiday), so the Fitbit Weekend Warrior should be a closer contest. I'm a desk sitter on weekdays, too, but I eat my lunch at my desk so I can walk on my hour lunch. That's how I get all those steps in during the week. Finding time for the other stuff (stair, strength) is more of a challenge for me.

Libby, I hope you feel better soon. Three weeks of sickness is not ok!

Goals for the week:

1) Calories under 1,400 (6 days): M-Yes (1,282), T-Yes (1,434)
2) 10,000 steps (7 days): M-Yes (17,745), T-Yes (14,005)
3) Log all food (7 days): M-Yes, T-Yes
4) Stairs (3 days): M-No, T-No
5) Strength band exercises (3 days): M-No, T-No

Last weekend was no contest. Seeing all your steps did make me push a lot hard to get in some more!

01gt4.6 02-15-2017 04:07 PM

My goals for the week.
DAILY:
1) 10,000 steps per day: M-yes (16,122), T-no (6,167)
2) 5 miles: M-yes (7.15), T-no (2.72)
3) 100 oz of water: M-yes (100), T-no (80)

zootnarf 02-16-2017 02:39 PM

Checking in for Wednesday, and I'm feeling great with this week's progress.

Goals for the week:

1) Calories under 1,400 (6 days): M-Yes (1,282), T-Yes (1,434), W-Yes (1,336)
2) 10,000 steps (7 days): M-Yes (17,745), T-Yes (14,005), W-Yes (15,410)
3) Log all food (7 days): M-Yes, T-Yes, W-Yes
4) Stairs (3 days): M-No, T-No, W-No
5) Strength band exercises (3 days): M-No, T-No, W-Yes

Mike, thanks for adding me to the Fitbit challenges. I have also found them motivating. Yesterday was the first time I have hit the Fitbit goal of 250+ steps every hour during the day. It's helping me to be more mindful of getting up from my desk more often.

I gotta get to those stairs tonight or I'm not going to make that goal. Hope everyone has an active, healthy Thursday. Go take a walk! :D

01gt4.6 02-16-2017 03:47 PM


Originally Posted by zootnarf (Post 124685)

Mike, thanks for adding me to the Fitbit challenges. I have also found them motivating. Yesterday was the first time I have hit the Fitbit goal of 250+ steps every hour during the day. It's helping me to be more mindful of getting up from my desk more often.

I gotta get to those stairs tonight or I'm not going to make that goal. Hope everyone has an active, healthy Thursday. Go take a walk! :D

You're welcome. It was nice to see you come along and put me in my place. :D I've only had the fitbit for a few weeks and I was killing it. Now that we have some "new faces", it's grounded me. I know now that I have to get my ass in gear or I'll get left behind.

Speaking of stairs. I've only ridden my motorcycle once (maybe twice) since getting my fitbit. I only have 2 days in which it says I did a lot, I know one was a day I rode the bike. It said I did 14 flights. One other day said 16 flights, maybe I went for a ride then too? Every other day is like zero or maybe 2 flights. I know riding the bike didn't increase my steps, I'm wondering if the increase in heartrate and core workout of riding tricked the fitbit somehow.

On Edit: I just looked back at my calendar, the day it showed 16 flights was the Saturday I went into my New Orleans office to meet a client, I took the elevator. I thought about taking the stairs but remembered years ago I did that on a Saturday and most of the doors were locked on the floors and had to turn around and go back down to get out. I'll have to check again the next time I go in an elevator to see if the fitbit counts it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.