Notices

Motivation & Support: Mon, Jan 2 thru Sun, Jan 8

Old 01-04-2017, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation & Support: Mon, Jan 2 thru Sun, Jan 8

Hi ho, folksies! Happy New Year!

It's been ages since I was here (last post was June?)! Although I stopped posting on forums, I continued doing the work and updating my daily foods. In November, I made the conscience decision to take the rest of the year off from recording.

The reason? Well, my ultimate goal (besides the obvious weight goal) is to NOT be dependent on recording to keep me on track. I want to be able to self-regulate. Stay reasonable most of the time, allow myself the occasional wild day(s) (with NO GUILT), then get back on track. "Back on track" and NO GUILT are the keys to this "program".

November went well; I was pretty self-disciplined. To test the second part of the plan, I allowed myself to "pig-out" in December (and had NO GUILT about it -- wheeee). I allowed myself to enjoy every morsel. January 1 and 2 were wind down days (had to finish up some of the goodies strewn about the house) and as of yesterday, I was back on track. I'm going to record for these first few weeks to assist in the process, and if things go well, I'll probably stop.

So how has all this worked out, poundage-wise? Far better than I expected. Yes, I gained, but it is just a hair over 5 pounds and I assume the bulk of that came in December. I feel confident that I can whittle those few pounds off by March 1 at the latest (remember, I'm a slooooooow loser).

Sooooo that's my story. What's yours?
Old 01-06-2017, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

Happy New Year. Some how I missed this thread. I'll be back Monday.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

Hiya, Mike! Happy New Year to you, too! See you Monday .