Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
is my gym teacher wrong for saying these comments about male students? >

is my gym teacher wrong for saying these comments about male students?

Community

is my gym teacher wrong for saying these comments about male students?

Old 08-28-2016, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default is my gym teacher wrong for saying these comments about male students?

I hadthis gym teacher in high school summer classes teaching my gym class who is young and she teaches physical education and English. She is a pretty cool teacher and nice. We will be about to do the swimming unit. When she was describing what stuff you need to bring she mentioned to the boys in the class that she likes the swimming unit the most because she can see all the boys without their shirts off and see how you all really look and how fit you really are. the comment doesn't bother me in the slightest , but if some kid who was around me decides to go cry about it, will she get in trouble? I talked to a friend of mine about it (who wasn't there) and he says it is wrong and she should get in trouble but I don't see why, I talked to another person and they said this was out of line and should be reported she was actually doing anything then I would agree. I am not going to say anything, she is a really good and nice teacher and I will not get her in trouble. Would you feel uncomfortable by this comment? Some people might say it is an encouraging comment. In fact most people laughed at the comment. even if she does get in trouble, should she really
Old 12-13-2016, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

I feel that she was wrong to say what she said. If the comment does not offend you then don't turn her in. What she said was wrong because she is a teacher and should know not to say such things. Some young people may not want to be around her any more because she is sounding like a pedophile.