Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 day accountability thread (starting 4/25) >

7 day accountability thread (starting 4/25)

Community
Notices

7 day accountability thread (starting 4/25)

Old 04-25-2016, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Default 7 day accountability thread (starting 4/25)

I looks like my account is finally running right, so I'm going to dive back in.

It's been very quiet lately, I hope many more people jump in. If not, I'll just have to go it alone (that was a guilt trip). I have to do this, one way or the other.

1) 6 bottles of water per day
2) finish the week below 200 pounds
3) do something productive
4) try to unwind and de-stress each day, eve if just for a short while
Old 04-25-2016, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

It's weird, I've been having this nagging feeling of guilt all day...

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
...If not, I'll just have to go it alone (that was a guilt trip)...

3) do something productive (yep, always a good thing)
4) try to unwind and de-stress each day, eve if just for a short while (again, always a good thing)
/waves to Mike.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Was I in your head? Let's see some goals.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Goals... hmmm...

Not sure if it's a goal, per se, but I suppose "continue doing what I'm doing" is ok. It's not leading to the Big Drop, but it still *feels* right. What am I doing? Keeping average calories between 1200-1500, drinking tea and water, keeping sodium in check...

I will say I indulged on Saturday night. I went to that special showing of Purple Rain (oh, Prince...) and allowed myself a full half tub of popcorn, dry, with no "buttery topping". On the up side, that ended up being dinner, so my total calories for the day were still within acceptable range.

It was a phenomenal showing. People laughed, danced, clapped and sang along. It was a wonderful, if bittersweet, tribute.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Where is everybody? Is it Summer already where every one goes on vacation? A few of us die hards are still here. I have to get back to being accountable.

My Plan:
Post daily
Calories 900 - 1100
Exercise walk - run 20 min. X2 per week to start
Drink more water start with 4 glasses per day
Weigh in on Monday and Friday
Old 04-27-2016, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

I've been so busy the past couple days. At least I can say I've been productive, although it seems as if I'm working in reverse. I tore up the flower beds and sod to lay down some drainage. Just over 200' of it. If I were smart, I would have done that as soon as we finished the house. Before the flower beds, etc. Oh well, live and learn.

I've tried to do a little fishing each day, so I have de-stessing. We invited the neighbors over last night and grilled some steaks. That was relaxing!

1) 6 bottles of water per day: YES, YES
2) finish the week below 200 pounds
3) do something productive : YES,YES
4) try to unwind and de-stress each day, eve if just for a short while: YES, YES

The bad thing is that I'm beat. Just took an afternoon nap. I guess it's time to get back up and finish some work outside.

Sorry for the big pic. I can't do a thumbnail from my phone.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, that's GORGEOUS!!!! I'm so jealous! Don't worry about tearing up the lawn. It's early in the lawn's life and it's early in the season. Get it all tamped back down and water water water (I assume you aren't under a water ban?). By late-summer, it'll be lush and long. Do you have a mower (or a service)? Looks like a perfect lot for a rider.

Good work on those goals, by the way. You know the neighbors already? man, you work fast !
Old 04-28-2016, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by episode2011
Mike, that's GORGEOUS!!!! I'm so jealous! Don't worry about tearing up the lawn. It's early in the lawn's life and it's early in the season. Get it all tamped back down and water water water (I assume you aren't under a water ban?). By late-summer, it'll be lush and long. Do you have a mower (or a service)? Looks like a perfect lot for a rider.

Good work on those goals, by the way. You know the neighbors already? man, you work fast !
Thanks. I have a zero turn. I started off with a regular type riding mower but it was taking 3+ hours to cut. I actually had to take it out to pull around some rocks so I could finish up on the drains. So when I was done, I kicked back on the mower, cracked open a cold O'douls and chilled to get me some de-stress time in. No water bans out my way, we never have to worry about that in SE Louisiana. Where are you from? I don't know why I was thinking Baton Rouge, must be someone else.

I do work fast. I already on the committee for the HOA, and have had a few neighbors over. Everyone out here is super friendly.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Ok...I'm in ! Thanks for the post Mike. Pictures look great ! (Jealous here in the So Cal Desert)

Water: 8 glasses/day
Calories: 1000/day
Walk: 3.5 miles/day
Wine: 1 glass/day (bein' real)
Snacks: Gum or Salted vegetables
May 2nd: 132 lbs
Old 04-28-2016, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks so much for the pic of your drainage. We have drainage issues around our home too and have been at a loss as to what to do. We've contacted several landscapers but none of them wanted to tackle it since our home is right at 100 years old. Maybe this can give my hubbie an idea of what we might need and how to do it. Thanks again! Vicki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.