Notices

7 day motivational thread 4-18

Old 04-18-2016, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

Default 7 day motivational thread 4-18

Time to set some goals, put down the snacks and get busy everyone. Just the other week I had dipped into the 100's. I believe I was around 198. After eating way too much, I can tell I'm back up in the 200's. As quiet as it's been lately, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm probably not the only one that has back tracked and in need of an ass kickin' week. It's time to put the axe to the grind and get accountable. This week can be a new starts so lets make it happen. Health 1) 6 bottles of water a day 2) make better choices with food 3) limit snacking 4) no food past 9pm 5) try to relax/destress every day 6) Be under 200 by the end of the week Other 7) write 2 policies 8) do something productive
Old 04-18-2016, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default 1st post ever

Hi guys, never been on this website before today but i thought i may find people facing similiar issues. Last June i weighed 245 pounds, i am 5' 11" and a half, so i usually tell people 6" . I now weigh in between 180 and 185 depending on the day and what i ate that day. People around me all tell me that i look great and that i look a lot better and different. My bmi is 23 and i know that's in the normal range and all. But i feel like i look and weigh the same, the only time i feel good about myself is right after an intense workout, otherwise i feel like i look the same. I don't know how to overcome this, when i was heavy i thought losing weight would give me confidence and make me happier. It has in a lot of ways but i wish i would see myself the way other people do instead of the same way. I don't know. Any tips to help with this?
Old 04-19-2016, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like you have a lot going on. You may need to talk to a counselor or someone to help you get past that. Do you have any old pics of yourself. Sometimes it takes a good before and after side by side to let it sink in. Good luck!
Old 04-21-2016, 06:29 AM
Banned

Good Idea abt looking at old pics.... and u may wanna talk with someone in person abt how u feeling..u dont wanna start doing your body harm
Old 04-21-2016, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

At my local YMCA, if you use their computer-generated workouts (and I do), strength tests to measure your progress are done at least every 6 months. My second strength test was done yesterday with great results I think. At my first test, there was a machine I couldn't even get on, much less work out on, but yesterday I was able to get on that machine and even managed to leg-press 1/2 of my total body weight for a total of 10 reps. I was, also, able to show improvement on each of the other machines. To me, that is spelled P-R-O-G-R-E-S-S! Vicki
Old 04-22-2016, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Eldred: Hi and welcome to the forums! And woot woot congrats on losing over 50 pounds! Phenomenal! As far as seeing "old you" even though others see "new you", from what I understand, that's pretty normal. Apparently, from what I've read, it takes a while (the time varies by person) before your mind adjusts to the "new" you. Did you keep any of your old clothes? That's one thing I regret -- I donated all the clothes from when I was at my highest. I wish I'd kept at least one pair of jeans for comparison. In any event, the rational you knows you weigh less and that your body is now smaller than it once was. It's the emotional side of you that has trouble making the acknowledgement. Give it some more time and, as Mike suggested (wise fellow, our Mike), consult with a counselor/physician if the thoughts become too troubling.

Mike: I hear you on inching back up. After having dipped into the 26s (BMI), I'm back up into the 27s. Just barely, but I'm there. Sad thing for me is, I thought I had made some good decisions. Weight loss had plateaued, so I made some tweaks starting end of March. I started some mild strength training and stretching/yoga. I cut daily carbs in half and boosted protein by 50%. Result? In 3 weeks, I GAINED 3 pounds. Grrrrr. PLUS, I started feeling the gallbladder acting up. Yeah, that’s not gonna happen. This week, I'm back to the old regimen. It may be slow (so frustratingly sloooooow), but at least I feel better. I hope the scale cooperates.

Vicki: Wow! That's significant P-R-O-G-R-E-S-S! Hat's off to you, my friend!
Old 04-25-2016, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by episode2011
Mike: I hear you on inching back up. After having dipped into the 26s (BMI), I'm back up into the 27s. Just barely, but I'm there. Sad thing for me is, I thought I had made some good decisions. Weight loss had plateaued, so I made some tweaks starting end of March. I started some mild strength training and stretching/yoga. I cut daily carbs in half and boosted protein by 50%. Result? In 3 weeks, I GAINED 3 pounds. Grrrrr. PLUS, I started feeling the gallbladder acting up. Yeah, that’s not gonna happen. This week, I'm back to the old regimen. It may be slow (so frustratingly sloooooow), but at least I feel better. I hope the scale cooperates.
Sometimes tweaks don't go as planned. Did anything else change, water intake, sleep, stress, etc?