Notices

Motivation and Support Thread, April 4 - 10

Old 04-04-2016, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation and Support Thread, April 4 - 10

Hey hey, Fitday Friends!

Told you I'd be checking in every now and then! Since the weekly thread hadn't been started yet, I figured it might be a good place to jump back in! How're you all doing?

It's been a quiet month for me. I made a few minor tweaks in my nutrition profile during the last week of March and apparently that may have been enough to jumpstart progress. Well, it's more of a hopstart, or maybe just a small-step-start, but it's something. My BMI has FINALLY gotten out of the 27s and into the 26s. Yippee! I actually lost a little over a pound last week -- that's incredible for me. My usual loss is a pound a month -- and that's ONLY if I'm diligent.

Yesterday, I inched oh-so-close to my next decade, just 3/4 pounds away. If I recall, it has been over a year since I hit this current decade. Sadly, I indulged a bit (we have company -- I have an excuse), so this morning's official weigh-in inched back up. Still, according to BMI, I'm still less than 12 pounds from "healthy" range.

Anyway, hope you've all been well! Let's make it a good day/week! Go!
Old 04-04-2016, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

I just checked. I entered this current decade (for the first time) on May 19 last year. I then bounced in and out of the decade for a good two months before staying here. It seemed as if I'd taken up permanent residence, but I'm finally seeing the horizon -- with a little over a pound to go, next decade could be just a few weeks away (hehe I'm being serious -- that's how slowly I lose weight).
Old 04-04-2016, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

Oh my...

*crickets*

*brushes away cobwebs*

Was it something I said?
Old 04-04-2016, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

It's a little quiet today but usually doesn't stay that way...

You're making good progress. Congratulations!
Old 04-04-2016, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

Good job, Epixi!

I have some good news to share--the new job is going well. In fact, my hours, duties and scope were expanded as of today. I will move to a new office next week and work as part of a 3-woman team to spearhead the expansion of services in our area. I'll also pick up 1-3 more classes by mid-May. I even got a raise to boot! God really does help us when we try to help ourselves!

Vicki
Old 04-05-2016, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Kathy! By the way, I haven't said this before, but thanks for being such a wonderful mod. I don't know much about you (are you also working on managing weight/nutrition like so many of us here?), but I see and appreciate the work you do around here. Your compassion shows through virtually all of your posts, especially in those that require tact. You're like a gracious host who makes every visitor is acknowledged and every voice is heard.

My goodness, Vicki! That's fantastic news, indeed! Congratulations! Expanded hours, duty scope and MOAR MONEH -- hehe that's got to have you doin' the happydance .
Old 04-05-2016, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by episode2011
Oh my...

*crickets*

*brushes away cobwebs*

Was it something I said?
It's been very quiet. Since I moved, my internet has sucked. I ended up switching cell phone carriers (after 10 years with Verizon) so I could get unlimited Data. I hope now I can check in a little more often.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

'I see and appreciate the work you do around here. '

That's so sweet of you to say! It's not like weight control is easy... We are all trying hard and there are wonderful successes here.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Annnnnnd the honeymoon is over...

Not only have I bounced back from that all-time-low (gained back 1.75 pounds since Sunday), I've bounced back in BMI, too. I'm back in the bloody 27s. This is so unfair.

Oh, but Epi, you said you over-indulged over the weekend, remember?

Yeah? Well, here are the "indulgences":
  • One pancake (One -- not a stack)
  • One half tablespoon of syrup
  • One large mug of coffee with cream (the cream makes it an indulgence)
  • One slice of deli roast beef (the sodium makes it an indulgence)
  • One slice of deli turkey (again, sodium)
  • One half deli hot dog (ok, I'll give you that one -- just half a dog from this place is 150 calories, and the sodium... )
But, I mean, come on, that was spread over two days AND my calorie counts were still pretty much on-track. Slightly under on Saturday, slightly over on Sunday. Why, oh why, should I be so severely punished (yes, that's how it feels) for having a few food pleasures every now and then? If food isn't supposed to bring pleasure, why does it have taste, flavor, texture and aroma? If it is simply supposed to be fuel for the body, what's the point of the tease?

Do I sound bitter? Yep, I am. I'm so tired of not having the luxury of an occasional indulgence without having it punch me in the face. Repeatedly. Why didn't I get one of those eat-anything-and-never gain-weight bodies? And, to add insult to injury, with this wretched body, it'll probably take a month to get back to that all-time-low. Yeah, I'm bitter.

((Of course, the rational part of me knows weight loss isn't a straight line but that doesn't mean I don't still doesn't get royally PO'd on the upticks. Grrrrr. Watch out, kiddies, Evil Epi is on the rampage today!!!))
Old 04-06-2016, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by episode2011
Thanks, Kathy! By the way, I haven't said this before, but thanks for being such a wonderful mod. I don't know much about you (are you also working on managing weight/nutrition like so many of us here?), but I see and appreciate the work you do around here. Your compassion shows through virtually all of your posts, especially in those that require tact. You're like a gracious host who makes every visitor is acknowledged and every voice is heard.
Amen, she does a wonderful job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.