Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Support Thread, April 4 - 10 >

Motivation and Support Thread, April 4 - 10

Community
Notices

Motivation and Support Thread, April 4 - 10

Old 04-06-2016, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Epi, 1.75 pounds is nothing. At least you can nip it now before it continues. Kick some ass, you got this!
Old 04-06-2016, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, you are so right. Epi, since Easter I have regained much more than you.
It is easier to regain the weight than it is to relose it. I try every day to do my best and end up falling down again.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

I had a better day yesterday than I have had in a while. Now I just need to string a few more days like that together. My meals and activity are planned for the day and I will let you know tonight how I did. I do have a coffee date with a friend and all that I am having is a coffee with milk. Have a good day all.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday was a better day and the scale went down from 172 to 171.3. I have undone all the hard work I have done since January and now it's time to get back on track. I need a Monday weigh in and I am going to start one next week. You are welcome to join me if you want to.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

I am going to do an every day weigh in until I am back to my recent lowest weight again. It might take a few weeks.
Friday 171.3
Saturday 171.1
Old 04-09-2016, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Mike: You're right, of course. In the big scheme of things, 1.75 isn't a disaster but it sure does feel like it when I'm in the thick of things . I'm trying to convince myself that I've sorta established a new set-point (I like the set-point theory of weight management) and now I'm hovering around it. Of course, I want to establish a NEW new set-point, but all in good time (why not NOW?!?!?!?). By the way, MUCH more importantly, congrats on hitting ONE-derland, my friend! You are awesome! And congrats on getting into that new house. Moving house is always an exciting time -- well, it is for me, anyway. I LOVE moving house. I hope the internet thing is getting worked out for you.

Libby: Hooray for the scale drops, my friend! So happy for you! I'm back to daily weighing, too, after having taken the last few months of 2015 off. I started again back in January and I honestly think it works best for me. Give it a few weeks, though. Those first few upticks can be jarring. Heck, I still find the upticks annoying (hehe hence my rant/post from a few days ago), even though my rational side reminds me that that's all they are. Momentary upticks. That BETTER be all they are -- if an uptick lasts for a week or longer, we've got a problem...

As for me, I think I've been pretty good this week. Today, however, I've sort of had a carb blow-out. I've had 135g carbs already and the day's not over yet. But, y'know, can't be "good" all the time. Life's too short. Fingers crossed I'm not eating those words a few days from now haha .
Old 04-10-2016, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

I am going to do an every day weigh in until I am back to my recent lowest weight again. It might take a few weeks.
Friday 171.3
Saturday 171.1
Sunday 171.4 a couple of bad choices
Old 04-11-2016, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

Friday 171.3
Saturday 171.1
Monday 171.4
Old 04-12-2016, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Friday 171.3
Saturday 171.1
Monday 171.4
Tuesday 171.2
Old 04-12-2016, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello

Hi all hope you don't mind if I jump in. This is my first time trying to diet with an active conversation among other dieters. Failed many many times. Started this diet weight 342, I am a 5'11" male aged 36. What made me decide to just go for it was being diagnosed with a 3rd hernia, and my doctor referring me to a bariatric surgeon. I want to conquer this on my own. Prior to the diagnosis I was cutting about 1800 calories a day from my maintenance and weighing everything, but nothing seemed to happen. So now I am three weeks into a keto diet, still eating about 1800 deficit, but I mostly feel full all the time so that is good. Been losing about a pound a day now just finishing my 21st day on the diet. I expect that to slow down of course, but I am going to stick with it and not let that scale number get me down. It is kind of a matter of life and death for me right now. So having some people also going through the struggle seems like it could be a really nice change. Thank you all.

Josh Adams