Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Support 3/14 - 3/20 >

Motivation & Support 3/14 - 3/20

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 3/14 - 3/20

Old 03-17-2016, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

Vicki, wishing you the best on your new job!!!

Libby, no greens for me, or green beer either.

Debbie, thinking about you buddy.

This week is AWFUL. Thankfully I can have a do-over. A lot of damage has been done, and the scale is waaaay up (I don't know exactly as I haven't weighed at my normal time). And tonight we're having Chinese take out. Sugar and sodium.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Hi, Mike. I was on my period this past week (sorry tmi), and I always feel like crap, I always crave and eat too much, and I always feel hungry no matter how much I eat. The past 2 weeks or so I haven't been logging, have been drinking entirely too much soda and have been avoiding. When I don't log and hold myself accountable it's a slippery slope, and I've lost my footing a bit. Tomorrow I want to start getting back to my atkins shakes with milk, diet soda, normal dinner portions, and small low cal snacks. It sounds easy enough, but coming off the sugar high will be tough. I just overall feel shitty and feel fatter than I normally do. I mean, I always feel fat (because I am!), but right now I feel bloated and sluggish and faaaaaaaaaat. Thank you for asking about me.

How are you, Mike and how's the new house?
You'd be surprised what Ive heard over the past several years here. Not much bothers me, so no need to apologize. I feel ya on the bloated and sluggish bit. The house is fine, I finally finished building my fence. I hope this weekend to get in the front and work on the flower beds with the wife. We picked up 50 bags of mulch and 5 bags of soil. Saturday we'll go plant shopping and grab a ton of weed cloth. Then Sunday, it's elbows to the grind and fingers in the dirt.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Vicki, wishing you the best on your new job!!!

Libby, no greens for me, or green beer either.

Debbie, thinking about you buddy.

This week is AWFUL. Thankfully I can have a do-over. A lot of damage has been done, and the scale is waaaay up (I don't know exactly as I haven't weighed at my normal time). And tonight we're having Chinese take out. Sugar and sodium.
Ready for a challenge? Sure you are! First thing tomorrow hop on the scale. That's not the challenge, this is... tomorrow you can only eat 5 apples and only drink water. Try to drink at least a 100 oz of water. Trust me, with the fiber in the apples, you shouldn't feel hungry. Then the following morning, hop back on the scale and let me know how many pounds you lost. Yes... pounds. If you aren't down a good 2 pounds by Saturday morning and you're still feeling bloated I'll have a bigger challenge. Stay home, grab a few magazine and a pack of wipes, down a bottle of mag citrate and enjoy your day. You won't feel bloated by Sunday and you'll probably be down 3-4 pounds from Friday's weigh in.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-17-2016 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ready for a challenge? Sure you are! First thing tomorrow hop on the scale. That's not the challenge, this is... tomorrow you can only eat 5 apples and only drink water. Try to drink at least a 100 oz of water. Trust me, with the fiber in the apples, you shouldn't feel hungry. Then the following morning, hop back on the scale and let me know how many pounds you lost. Yes... pounds. If you aren't down a good 2 pounds by Saturday morning and you're still feeling bloated I'll have a bigger challenge. Stay home, grab a few magazine and a pack of wipes, down a bottle of mag citrate and enjoy your day. You won't feel bloated by Sunday and you'll probably be down 3-4 pounds from Friday's weigh in.

Yikes! Sounds completely torturous! lol I haven't taken any glucomannan pills for about a week. I'll start with those.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:11 AM
FitDay Member

I'm sinking fast, but I've got water wings on to save me. I have eaten a lot of calories today, however, I've tried to make them better choices instead of the s**t I've been dumping in my body for the past week. I've had a breakfast sandwich, a cinnamon raisin bagel (not the best choice, but better than a donut!!!), and a salad. I'll admit to some soda, but it's not as much as I've been having. I'm still not logging. I will, though. I'll get back in the groove.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

I went clothes shopping and found some slacks in a size 12 and two tops in size large. I was in 18 and 2x last year so I am happy that I gave away my old summer clothes. I am into old stubborn fat now so I probably will be losing more slowly from now on. It will be nice to get out of the 160's which is the lowest I have weighed since 2002. My neighbour had two bike helmets and she gave me one so I am looking forward to riding my bike again. Have a good week end.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

AZ, better choices are always good. Keep pushing in the right direction.

Libby, big congrats! Keep it up girl!
Old 03-20-2016, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, that's awesome! So proud for you!

I tweaked my enchalada recipe yesterday to decrease carbs/fats (used low-carb tortillas and less oil for sauteing onions/celery) and increase fiber (the lc tortillas) and protein (used left-over baked chicken for the meat). I also found a red sauce that tastes better to me than the green and I used less cheese. They turned out very good--there's only 2 left!

Working on tweaks to my fav breakfast casserole next!

If any of you like Artic Zero frozen dessert--try the Brownie Blast--it was a hit with my family! Really dark chocolate w/ chocolate chips (not very many!) and bits (really SMALL bits!) of brownies.

Vicki
Old 03-20-2016, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

On Monday morning I am going in to hospital for eye surgery. I had cataract surgery a few years ago but now my vision is cloudy again. They can correct it with laser surgery and take the cloudyness away. I am praying that every thing goes well. You may not be hearing from me for a couple of days till my eye sight clears up again.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck with your eye surgery, Hope everything goes well