Notices

Motivation & Support 2/15-2/21

Old 02-16-2016, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, I hope you feel better very soon!

Dinner tonight was interesting. I made a Pinterest recipe, if you can call it that with 2 ingredients, 3 if you count the pre-cooked frozen meatballs lol. I got homestyle meatballs, put them in the crock pot. The sauce was 1.5 parts bbq sauce to 1 part grape jelly. The recipe was 1:1, but I thought it was too too sweet that way so I added another 9 oz of bbq sauce. Anyways, it came out really good and everyone liked it and had 2nds...except me!!! yea me!!! I had 7 1/2oz meatballs (a serving is 6, but I had 1 to test doneness before dinner was served lol), a little bit of sauce on top, 1 bun and 1/2 c potato salad. I had 2 glucomannan capsules about 20 minutes before I ate. Although I'm not stuffed and could probably eat more if I wanted to, I'm trying to accept that I'm not hungry anymore and to sit with the discomfort of not continuing to eat for the sake of eating. Does that make sense? I'm hoping the capsules will hold off my hunger enough that I don't still feel hungry when I'm done with a meal and allow me to learn better habits. 7:00-bedtime is the witching hour for me when all I want to do is snack. I'm going to try really hard not to.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
I'm just popping in to say hi and wish you all well for this week. Supper is done and I'm going to watch some TV and go to bed early. I just wish my cold would go away.
Hi Libby . Sorry to hear you're still fighting that cold! It's been a couple weeks! Hope you're on the mend soon! On the bright side, you aren't getting the dump of snow we're getting over here in the capital. Since this morning, there is 40+ cm already on the ground! They're calling for another 10 cm tonight! and here I thought we were having such an easy winter! My husband and kids were in KW this past weekend and drove home yesterday ...thankfully the snow didn't start until today! How is your sweater coming along? You should post a picture!
Old 02-16-2016, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Lisa - good job on the portion control at dinner! I tried a similar recipe at the last potluck I went o and everyone loved it! I hope the glucomanan supplements help curb your hunger. It's no fun feeling hungry! If you really get hungry for a snack tonight, There's always air popped popcorn!
Old 02-17-2016, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

The glucomannan helped last night at dinner, and for the rest of the night. I wasn't hungry, kept myself from snacking, and I finished the day under my calorie goal. wooohoooo!!!
Old 02-17-2016, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Debbie. I thought that your family was going some where warm, not KW.
I was thinking of you with all that snow. There was a you tube video showing a time lapse picture of the accumulating snow. Have you been able to dig your self out? I haven't felt like doing any thing but sleep or lay on the couch but I will get back to knitting as soon as I am able. I also have another problem.
My left eye has gone cloudy again and I am scheduled for surgery at the end of March so that is preventing me from doing any craft work right now. Thank you all for thinking about me.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Libby - Do you have cataracts? That must be scary having your vision go blurry!! I'm happy to hear you already have a surgery scheduled! No...I wish we had gone somewhere warm...although I would have gone along on that kind of trip regardless and felt sick the whole time so it's probably best that we didn't have a warm trip planned. No...we were just going to KW to visit family...I was still looking forward to it for a change of scenery and to see the family. How exciting is my life!! LOL!! We spent over an hour out on our street yesterday helping people that were stuck on the road. We got the last person off just in time for the snow plow to make one sweep down the centre of the street. I ended up tweaking my neck and back. It was fluffy snow so lighter than wet snow, but 50 cm is a lot of snow!! We broke a record yesterday! That was the largest amount of snow to fall in 1 day in the capital ever in recorded history!

Lisa - Great job coming in under your calorie goal!! Woohoo!! Maybe these glucomannan supplements will really work for you!!

I still haven't exercised since getting sick a week ago. Well...I'm sure I got plenty yesterday digging people out for an hour and pushing cars out of snow banks! LOL! But now with a tweaked neck and back, it will be at least another day before I get back to my workouts. I'm planning to call my chiro tomorrow and hopefully get in to see her tomorrow or Saturday. No sense in putting that off since I probably won't get better with just rest at this point. I am determined though...I will be back into my workouts ASAP!

Have a good evening all!
Old 02-17-2016, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

I have done really well so far today. I was concerned because tonight was my daughter's winter sports banquet at school. I was afraid I would overeat. But I didn't. I had 1 piece of pizza, a small bit of mac & cheese, a little bit of the chicken casserole I made, and a piece of cake. It was a small plate of food, and I chose a small piece of cake. I also drank just water. I took 2 glucomannan late this afternoon, and after that modest amount of food, I feel full. That's a first!!! So I don't think I'm that far off my goal today after all.

How are you all doing?
Old 02-17-2016, 12:59 PM
FitDay Member

omg I was so excited about reporting that I didn't gorge myself, I forgot to share my brag alert. Sara, my 14 y.o. daughter, is on the 8th grade softball team at school, and she is quite an impressive player. So much so that her team voted her MVP of the season!!!!!
Old 02-18-2016, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, shoveling snow is intense exercise. You must have burned a ton of calories. Sorry to hear that you hurt your back and neck. Get better soon.
Lisa, congrats to your daughter for being in an activity that she loves and is good at. I am glad to hear that the fiber is working for you. Keep us posted in how you are doing.
I had cataract surgery on my right eye in 2007 and my left eye in 2013 but now the left eye has gone cloudy. The surgeon said that they can sap it with a laser and the cloudiness will be gone. My surgery is scheduled for March 21st and I can't wait to see better again. I am slowly feeling better but my energy is very low and I take frequent naps. I missed quilters guild meeting yesterday.
I thought I should stay home and not spread my germs around. I am going to look into finding a good multi vitamin and hopefully build up my immunity so I can fight off cold and flu germs. Thanks for the shout out. I will do better when I am back on my feet again.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, it will be so nice to have clear vision again!

Debbie, sorry to hear you injured yourself! 50cm, I think that's somewhere around 2 ft or so. That's A LOT of snow! Be careful driving out there in it. Keep warm. How are you feeling?

I was doing really well today until I had 1/2 c of potato salad. 200 freaking calories!!! After I logged it and saw how much it was, I really regretted it. It wasn't good enough to waste 200 calories. I may go over tonight, depending on if I decided to have some popcorn later. If I hadn't have had that dang potato salad I would have come in a little under.

I am making spaghetti for dinner, but I didn't like the amount of calories it was going to be, so I'll make everyone spaghetti, but I'm having salad. I'll be able to eat lots more of that for less calories.

The glucomannan is working really well in staving off my hunger and helping me to feel full. My problem now is listening to my body and trying not to graze and snack. I do it out of boredom and habit. I've been doing pretty well and my daily calories have been looking good. I just have to keep it up.

I'm looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.