Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability - Feb. 8 - 14th - Don't stop now! >

Motivation and Accountability - Feb. 8 - 14th - Don't stop now!

Community
Notices

Motivation and Accountability - Feb. 8 - 14th - Don't stop now!

Old 02-08-2016, 08:51 AM
FitDay Member

Do any of you use water intake apps on your phone? I started using one this weekend called "Plant Nanny". You have a virtual "pet plant" and if you don't add water, (log water intake) your plant dies, which is horrible because the darn thing is kind of cute! lol I can't believe I got suckered into drinking with this thing, but it really does work. You can set a timer to remind you if you aren't drinking enough during the day, which is also helpful.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn: That sounds cute. We have to do whatever works. It sounds like this is working for you!

For me, I generally do tea instead of plain water. I really struggled to get in 80+ ounces of plain water. From what I understand, tea is a perfectly acceptable substitute (unless, of course, it's doctored up with milk/cream and sugar).

I started drinking tea about 2 years ago. Up until then, I was a die-hard coffee gal. Tea was for weenies, I scoffed. But I realized I didn't want all the calories associated with the cream (I was doing minimum 350 calories a day from JUST cream ), so I bit the bullet and made the switch to green tea (with a pack of stevia). Now that I'm accustomed to it, I can chug tea all day long. And I actually enjoy it! My "trick" to make sure I get enough fluid in: I have 4 16-oz mugs. If all 4 are in the dishwasher at day's end, I've done my due. That, in addition to a bottle or two of plain water (I prefer doing vitamins with water), and I'm good for my 80+ ounces.

By the way, I recently branched out. Now, I do 2 mugs of green and 2 of pu-erh. The pu-erh was a bit jarring at first (it has a rather "earthy" smell, like damp moss). Fortunately, it tastes a heck of a lot better than it smells. Of course now, after about 5 months, I've gotten used to the smell and actually find it comforting. Weird how things work out, eh?
Old 02-08-2016, 09:59 AM
FitDay Member

Epi,

I'm not a water drinker, either. I drink decaf coffee in the morning, and then switch to anti-oxidant tea or green tea for the rest of the day. In the evening, (...when I crave something sweet) I make 25 calorie hot chocolate.

I try to get my tart cherry juice in at noon. That was a bit jarring, too. When they say tart, they mean TART! I have to drink it watered down with half water and maybe some stevia.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, That's a good idea. I'll see if I can find that app. Maybe I can get on the ball and drown my plan.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

I'm alive and well. The scale was fairly kind to me after this past weekend. I cooked for my dad's birthday and lets just say, he loves a good southern meal. I ate well today for breakfast and lunch so I would have calories to play with for supper. After eating and logging everything I'm at just under 1300. Not too shabby. I've also had 6 bottles of water today. SIX! I normally struggle to get in two.

Goals are simple
1--log it all
2--at LEAST 3 bottles of water
3--lose one pound

I will try to catch up with everyone after BF wakes up.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Glad to see so many of us back for another week!! We're into week 6 of the new year...a time when many would have forgotten their resolutions...but not us!! Great job team!

Weekly Goals and Accountability
80 oz. minimum water daily: M - y
max. 1400 calories per day: M - y Guess I should have kept my goal at 1500 cals! Oh well...there's always tomorrow!
take vitamins daily: M - y
full body workout (Tu, Th & Sa):
core workout (M, W & F): M - y
cardio (M, Tu, W, F & Su):M - y

Last edited by lildebbieg; 02-08-2016 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

epi, lol on the "rumbling". Yes, I plan to start off with just one a day before dinner, and I'll see how that goes. I'm looking forward to seeing if it helps me feel fuller.

quinn, I could never keep a real plant alive, and I'd probably end up killing the virtual one too. lol I'm so bad at drinking water or tea or anything good for me. Sounds like it's working for you, and that's a good thing! Also, regarding the snacks in the house...I'm looking forward to having more control over what is in my pantry. If it's in the house, I eat it...all of it! I have tried so many times to not bring junk in, but the family rebels. I usually make one type of treat a week, whether a cake or pie or something, and maybe one or two things in the pantry. I've taken back a little control because lately I've been buying granola bars. They have some great flavors in the brand I buy, and some of them are like eating candy bars for just 150 calories. That's been my saving grace to quench my sweet tooth.

tori, 6 bottles? woohoo for you!!!

I haven't decided if I liked my dinner tonight or not. I tried a new recipe...chicken sesame salad. The dressing was seriously lacking in any type of sugar to offset the saltiness of all the other ingredients. soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sriracha, ginger, canola, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar...I like all the flavors, but it was really potent and needed an offset in there. The salad was finely shaved cabbage, shredded carrots, green onions, almond slivers, sesame seeds, and cilantro. That part was all good. Filling and good for me and almost no calories...win! The chicken was just ok. I didn't have time to let it sit and marinate, so I cooked it in a skillet with a little soy sauce to give it some flavor. I'll tell you, though, after eating it I was seriously wanting something sweet. I was good and decided on an atkins with milk for a chocolate drink treat. It's very good!

I'm doing fantastic today on my calories. I keep thinking there's got to be something in there that I missed in my log, but I think I got everything. I've got about 600 calories left before I hit my target. I'm hoping to end the day under 1700, but I'm sure I will have something more before bed so my day won't end at 600 under. Day 1 back has been a good one.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning!
Quick check in before I start my day...

Personal Accountability Goal Sheet, Week 5

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day; ideally zero. 0
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y
4. Drink two cups of antioxidant tea per day. 2
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. Y
7. Walk 4 times this week; minimum of 45 minutes each day. Y
8. Stay within calorie limits. 33 over
9. Log everything. Y
10. Continue to very gradually add yoga and flexibility exercises to increase range of motion. (Spine) Y
Old 02-09-2016, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, Fitday Friends!

Yesterday presented two mini-challenges. First, I went shopping hungry, AGAIN. You'd think I would have learned my lesson last week, but nope, did it again. And again, I made an impulse buy. What was different this time? The impulse buy was PLUMS! Challenge: passed.

Second mini-challenge happened much later. It was a bit after midnight and I felt nagging hunger pangs. I toyed with the idea of getting a snack. I had been "good" all day and calories were under budget. Or, since it was after midnight, technically, it was "tomorrow", so I could record the snack there. In the end, though, I decided against any snack at all. Challenege: passed.

Fruit? Passing on snacks? What is happening to me???

Quinn: Good start to the week. Keep up the good work!

Lisa: I can't take credit for the advice on... rumbling. It's pretty much the same advice our own Hope gave me back when I started bumping up fiber. I'm just passing it on. That Hope is one smart woman.

Make it a good one, folks!
Old 02-09-2016, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

1) clean eating: yes until night
2) plan meals: yes
3) walk when I can: I walked when I barely could
4) keep track of my water: yup and fulfilled my goal
5) don't beat myself up for needing rest: Y couldn't help it

Epi, I loved the line: see? I do use my hand weights

and Mike I like how you said your scale lied to your face.

When I change my diet, it messes up my tummy so I did have some pretzels (pretzels or crackers usually help even tho I am trying to keep away from that stuff.) I was hit by a big fibro flare. I could barely sit up or walk but I did shuffle around my new neighborhood a bit. I must have looked like I was imitating Tim Conway (if any of you know who he is/was.) I had to skip a meeting I wanted to attend last night because I couldn't drive and couldn't convince DH to come, migrating birds apparently are not a great incentive to him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.