Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability - Feb. 8 - 14th - Don't stop now! >

Motivation and Accountability - Feb. 8 - 14th - Don't stop now!

Notices

Motivation and Accountability - Feb. 8 - 14th - Don't stop now!

Old 02-13-2016, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

Well, my day didn't go exactly as I had planned it this morning. We ended up having pizza for dinner. I had 2 slices (instead of 3 that I usually stuff myself with!) and some soda. The only redeeming thing about pizza night is that it's not greasy delivery. We buy ready-to-bake pizzas from the deli department at walmart, so there's no excess grease at all. I went pretty far over my calories though, but I'm still hopeful that my weigh-in on Monday will be good.

I told dh 2 weeks ago that I don't want candy or flowers or a card for Valentine's Day, that I want a date out to dinner. We never go out just the two of us. I can't even remember the last time we went out for dinner it's been so long. So this morning he asked if I wanted to go tonight or Monday night (not on Sunday because it will be a zoo!). Thinking about my Monday weigh-in, I'm opting to go out Monday night after the weigh-in. I don't plan on skimping with a salad with dressing on the side or steamed vegetables and a plain grilled chicken breast either. I will indulge, and I'll have the rest of the week to work it off before next Friday's weigh-in.

I hope you all are having a good weekend. Pretty quiet around here.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all I think I actually feel worse with the cold today if that's possible...but I do feel happier because my family arrived to their destination safely. I find it so hard to see them off then sit and worry for 6 hours until they arrive. They've called me a couple of times and even sent pics of the fun they're having, so that makes me smile

It is soooooooo cold here today!! -37°C/-35°F with the wind chill. Even in the house, I can't seem to get warm. Thankfully, other than yesterday and today, this winter has been pretty tame compared to other winters. I don't feel like cooking for myself, so I was going to go out and get some Pho....but not in any rush to go out in this weather! LOL!

Lisa - I completely understand! My husband and I go out maybe once or twice a year on our own without the kids. We actually had reservations to go for Valentine's dinner tonight. Awww well, there's always next year Enjoy your dinner out with your husband!!
Old 02-14-2016, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, folks!

Lisa: I hear you with planning your outing for AFTER weigh-in. That sounds like something I'd do. And you're right, it gives you the whole week to compensate. But don't ruminate. Go out, get what you want (if it were me, I'd have a big ol' juicy steak with mushroom sauce and a baked potato) and enjoy the bejeebers out of it. No regrets. No guilt. Allow yourself the luxury of simply enjoying it! Oh, and enjoy the time with the husband, too (hehe I hope the time spent with him outweighs even the best meal ).

Debbie: Sorry to hear your cold is escalating, but glad to know the family is safe and sound. Did they drive or did they fly? Do you have anything in the house that you can eat so you don't have to brave such awful temperatures? That pho must be pretty good to temp you even when you're sick AND it's so cold. I've never had pho but have been meaning to try it. Maybe this will be the week!

Nothing new or exciting with me, as usual. Just keeping on keeping on. Tomorrow is official weigh-in for me. I hope it goes well.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Debbie. I am in the same situation as you with a cold and the cold. DH has been keeping the wood stove burning steady for three days now. It does a good job of keeping the whole house warm as long as the bedroom doors are open. It was cold when I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was come down stairs and make a hot cup of coffee. Keep warm and get better soon.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Libby and Debbie, I wish you two would feel better soon!!!

I'm doing well so far today. I just might...maybe...I hope...be under my goal today. I have dinner in the oven and that is planned. I have on my menu later tonight to have pamesan popcorn and also an atkins shake with milk. Sara and I were putting together Valentine's packages for her friends and I had a few pieces of chocolates. I did log them, though, and they're figured into my total for the day.

I got my Glucomannan capsules delivered by Amazon today. I took one this morning with my Atkins, and it did make me feel fuller. I only took 1 instead of the 3 that's suggested. I want to start off easy to see how my body reacts to them with my digestive system. But I've been fine all day. No hunger pains, no craving (other than a soda while we were out shopping and delivering gifts). It's been good. Dinner will be ready soon, so I'll have another one here in a minute so I hopefully will keep my portion size down tonight.

I'm looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow! I think I might be a happy loser. We'll see what the week's final number is tomorrow.

Have a good night, all!
Old 02-14-2016, 03:21 PM
FitDay Member

Guess I'll wrap up the week here; I'd be surprised (and delighted) if anyone else posts after me tonight.

Lisa: No, uh... rumbling ? Lookin' good, then! Fingers crossed tomorrow's weigh-in goes well. I'm hoping mine does, too!

Night, all. See you on the flip side!