Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread 01/25/16-01/31/16---ALL ABOARD THE WAGON! >

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/25/16-01/31/16---ALL ABOARD THE WAGON!

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/25/16-01/31/16---ALL ABOARD THE WAGON!

Old 01-25-2016, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS!!!

1--log it all, even the cake I may or may not eat
2--treadmill at least 3 times
3--lose 1 pound

I'm hoping that keeping my goals simple will help me stay on the wagon this week. We shall see...
Old 01-25-2016, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Accountability check in!

64 oz. minimum water daily: M - y
under 1500 calories per day: M - y
take vitamins daily: M - y
full body workout (W, F & Su):
core workout (Tu, Th & Sa):
cardio (M, Tu, W, Th & Sa): M - y

I'm with Libby.....let's all do our best to make this a great week!

Old 01-25-2016, 11:07 PM
FitDay Member

Ok I didn't post but I got back on the wagon. I needed the friggin' wagon. I was outta control; luckily the wagon slowed down I got on.

FORBIDDEN to log on? Oh my. Huh. Sometimes FD gets itself into a snit and does not let me post either. But it never tells me outright.

Quinn, I'm sure you've said but please what are the five forbidden foods?

Tori, four pounds. And your secret is....?

Mike, I've been thinking of you guys and the family. You been keeping off the king cake?
Old 01-26-2016, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Ok I didn't post but I got back on the wagon. I needed the friggin' wagon. I was outta control; luckily the wagon slowed down I got on.

FORBIDDEN to log on? Oh my. Huh. Sometimes FD gets itself into a snit and does not let me post either. But it never tells me outright.

Mike, I've been thinking of you guys and the family. You been keeping off the king cake?
Good morning, Hope!

The 5 "bad" foods that really pack on the weight for me are bread, deep-fried, bakery, butter and cheese. If I simply eliminate those foods from my diet completely, without doing anything else, my weight drops pretty quickly.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Had another pretty good day. I pushed my spinal stretching over the weekend and had some angry back muscles, so I didn't do the full-blown 45 minutes of core building, but I did do yoga instead. Starting to enjoy my afternoon mall walking and I'm doing about 2 miles/day. I feel so much better, mentally and physically, when I get that walk in. It's a great time to put some headphones on and think, meditate and sort out anything on my mind. I come home refreshed and a much more pleasant person to be around, important when you have chronic pain issues. =)

Personal Accountability Goal Sheet, Week 3

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day; ideally zero. 1
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. 2
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. N Back flare-up. Did yoga instead.
7. Walk 4 times this week; minimum of 45 minutes each day. Y
8. Stay within calorie limits. Y
9. Log everything. Y
10. Continue to very gradually add yoga and flexibility exercises to increase range of motion. (Spine) Y
Old 01-26-2016, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all I was up this morning before work to get in 45 minutes on the bike. I used to detest the bike...I didn't think it was a good enough workout because I can burn the same amount of calories in 30 minutes that takes 40 minutes on the bike. HOWEVER....I've discovered I can watch tv while on the bike which makes the time pass faster. Awesome!! I started watching Glee from the 1st season on Netflix. I'm entertained and getting in cardio...who'd of thought!!

Lisa - Are you getting back into a routine now that your parents have left? Did you make up your oatmeal packets as planned?

Libby - How is the sweater coming along? I don't think you mentioned the colour? Or did I miss that detail?

Epixi - You're doing very well on your weekly goals!! Great job! I'm a slow loser too, so I understand your frustration. Just stick to you plan and the scale will move...you've proven it!!

Have an awesome day all!
Old 01-26-2016, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

I wasn't able to get onto the fourms yesterday. Every time I clicked on it, it logged me off. It seems to be fixed for now. I've had too much king cake.

This is Tori's secret!
Old 01-26-2016, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, those pretty much describe my forbidden foods too. Not only do I lose weight but I feel better. Sorry about your spine. I hope you feel better. I have had bad lower back pain for a while so while I don't exactly feel your pain. I feel your pain, if you know what I mean. I love walking. I've been working up to doing a little more. Good for the back too to move, whenever possible.

Mike, drop that cake!!!! Man, I miss NOLA. Gotta drag the ol' man back down there. Fun, food, music, friends, sounds pretty good to me... Oh man, now I want crawfish boil.

Debbie, are you kidding? The bike is a great exercise. I like watching while I exercise too. I am making my way through Lost while I stretch and do floor exercises. I'm probably the last person in America to see it. When I watch tv I do more, when I watch the news less!!! Hmmmm....
Old 01-26-2016, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, I just picked up 20 # of crawfish boil seasoning to ship to Texas. I'm ready to have a boil!
Old 01-26-2016, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, are you kidding? The bike is a great exercise. I like watching while I exercise too. I am making my way through Lost while I stretch and do floor exercises. I'm probably the last person in America to see it. When I watch tv I do more, when I watch the news less!!! Hmmmm....

Hahaha! Nope...I wasn't kidding about that....but I've changed my tune Since hurting my foot this past summer, the bike was my only option for a long while. I've never watched Lost.....I haven't watched anything in the past 10 years except Young and the Restless....no I'm not kidding! Maybe I'll have to check out Lost!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.