Motivation and Accountability Thread, Jan 18 - 24 >

Motivation and Accountability Thread, Jan 18 - 24

Community
Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread, Jan 18 - 24

Old 01-20-2016, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Go run 5 miles in the slow. It'll do you some good.
ain't happen' cap'n. I'll do a mile or so on the treadmill. And why are you so "yay, go you" for everyone but me? AH

Everything that I've wanted to accomplish today hasn't been done. It's been one of "those" days. I've spent the better part of the afternoon going store to store. I had to go to SAMs to pick up some odds and ends. That killed 2+ hours. When I got home I noticed that Junior had torn a hole in the remaining couch. So after cleaning up the "stuffing" I ran to TWM to get some leather tape and a few things I didn't need to buy in bulk at SAMs. I've just got home for the day. I need to do a load of laundry, clean up the kitchen and cook supper for tonight. On a side note...Junior's obedience training registration has been filled out, check written and both are in the envelope awaiting a stamp. His butt WILL be a well behaved dog when I'm through with him.

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-20-2016 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Today went much better than yesterday...I stuck to my plan 100%

64 oz. minimum water daily: M - 96 oz, T - 88 oz, W - 72 oz
max. 1500 calories per day: M - 1430 cals, T - 1869,W - 1045 cals,
full body workout x3:W - y
core workout x3: M - y
cardio workout x5: M - 40 min. bike, T - 40 min. spin, W - 30 min. elliptical
take vitamins daily: M - y, T - y, W - y

Tori - Wow! Junior sounds like a handful!! He's lucky he so darned cute!! I hope the obedience training happens soon and is helpful!

Mike - Thank you for cheering me on! How did you do with logging today?

Quinn - Hope you had a good walk at the mall today!! I can't wait for Spring to be able to get outside for some exercise. Winter just plain old sucks!!

Libby, Lisa, Epixi, Hope, Gypsy, Vicki...and anyone else I missed...hello!

Have a nice evening all!
Old 01-20-2016, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

Tori: I hope your dog does better than our GD did! She got dismissed from class because she couldn't pay attention. The instructor even gave her separate classes and regardless of what he tried, she just couldn't focus!

For all you folks having snow, Baton Rouge hit 74 today with clear, sunny skies and a light breeze. That's gonna change though tomorrow, according to the news--rain is headed our way followed by cooler temps.

I've talked on here before about my fear of the treadmill and taking it very slow and easy on it. I made .78 mile yesterday! HR got to 149 once and I had to back it down a bit, but mostly I stayed in my target range of between 125 and 135. I was able to again do all this with no asthma problems. My next goal is to repeat this distance 2-3 more times and then I'll try to hit 1 mile.

Vicki
Old 01-21-2016, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

My Goals For The Week...

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y, Y, Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day. None, 1, 1
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y, Y, Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. 2, 1, forgot
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y, Y, Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. N (back flared up), Y, Y
7. Walk 3 times this week; minimum of 30 minutes each day. Not yet, Y, Y
8. Stay within calorie limits. Under, Under, Under
9. Log everything. Y, Y, Y

Had another good day and I seem to be staying focused. We aren't in the path of the snow storm and are enjoying a sunny, warmer day. Heading out to get a hair cut and maybe walk at the mall after that. =)
Old 01-21-2016, 04:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Hi all! Today went much better than yesterday...I stuck to my plan 100%

64 oz. minimum water daily: M - 96 oz, T - 88 oz, W - 72 oz
max. 1500 calories per day: M - 1430 cals, T - 1869,W - 1045 cals,
core workout x3: M - y
cardio workout x5: M - 40 min. bike, T - 40 min. spin, W - 30 min. elliptical
take vitamins daily: M - y, T - y, W - y

Mike - Thank you for cheering me on! How did you do with logging today?
You're still rocking this week. I didn't end up logging. It didn't help that I ate too much too. I'll try today.

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
For all you folks having snow, Baton Rouge hit 74 today with clear, sunny skies and a light breeze. That's gonna change though tomorrow, according to the news--rain is headed our way followed by cooler temps.

Vicki
I almost forgot that I'm no longer the only Louisianian here.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
My Goals For The Week...

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y, Y, Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day. None, 1, 1
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y, Y, Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. 2, 1, forgot
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y, Y, Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. N (back flared up), Y, Y
7. Walk 3 times this week; minimum of 30 minutes each day. Not yet, Y, Y
8. Stay within calorie limits. Under, Under, Under
9. Log everything. Y, Y, Y

Had another good day and I seem to be staying focused. We aren't in the path of the snow storm and are enjoying a sunny, warmer day. Heading out to get a hair cut and maybe walk at the mall after that. =)
Girl you are killing it! Keep it up!
Old 01-21-2016, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Ever since my parents were here and I spent the other morning in court supporting my son I've been emotionally exhausted and a train wreck. My diet is completely off the rails. When that happens, I'm sure you all know, it's sometimes hard to get back on the right path.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Ever since my parents were here and I spent the other morning in court supporting my son I've been emotionally exhausted and a train wreck. My diet is completely off the rails. When that happens, I'm sure you all know, it's sometimes hard to get back on the right path.
Hi Lisa,
Sorry you've had such a rough week. Take some time to catch your balance, rest and rejuvenate. When you're ready to jump back in, we'll be here.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

Lisa - So sorry you're having a tough time. I second what Quinn said, take some time and when you're feeling ready, we'll all be here.

Weekly Goals:
64 oz. minimum water daily: M - 96 oz, T - 88 oz, W - 72 oz, T - 80 oz.
max. 1500 calories per day: M - 1430 cals, T - 1869,W - 1045 cals, T - 1489 cals.
core workout x3: M - y, Th - y
cardio workout x5: M - 40 min. bike, T - 40 min. spin, W - 30 min. elliptical, T - 40 min. bike
take vitamins daily: M - y, T - y, W - y, T - y

Even though I've been on track all week (with the exception of my calories on Tuesday) my weight seems to be up. I'll chalk it up to shark week and just keep on truckin' along I know if I keep doing what I've been doing, the scale will continue to move.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Lisa: Take time for you--do something nice for you--maybe a mani/pedi, a movie, or a girls night out. Take a few deep breaths and know You Are Not Alone (YANA) in this--we've all had days and weeks when we're 'off the rails'. When you're ready, you'll pick back up and go again! Vicki
Old 01-21-2016, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn, Vicki, Debbie, thank you all so much for your wonderful support! It makes me feel good to know that you all are here ready to cheer me (and everyone else) on in this battle.

One thing I'm going to do that I used to do and got away from (and used to work so well) is making oatmeal packets. I'd put in 1/2 c quick oats, 2 tsp brown sugar, 2 tsp stevia, 1 tbsp raisins and 1 tbsp craisins with a dash or two of cinnamon. I used to make this in the microwave with 1 cup of milk, and it was soooo filling and so delicious. It held me over for a long time. I bought the craisins the other day and have everything else. I just need to set up my assembly line and make a bunch. That's one of my goals to have done by this weekend. When I got hungry and had cravings I'd just grab a packet out and make it in 2 minutes, piping hot and ready to go. Why is it that I often find things that work but then somehow get away from them and then have to go about rediscovering what I already knew worked? lol I don't get me sometimes.

Quinn, walking at the mall is a really good idea for the cold / rainy / snowy months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.