Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD! >

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/11/2016--ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

Old 01-12-2016, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

Just a quick check in. I made it through the night. I was tough but I pulled through. I'm still on my death bed. I've tried theraflu, NyQuil, mucinex, devoured cough drops all night. Nothing seems to help. I'm going to try some Alka-Seltzer. I hope something will take me off my death bed (besides the king cake in the kitchen).

Tori, kick my ass? You couldn't kick my ass if you were given a step stool. You best recognize. And yes, skrimps. I didn't want to confuse these people.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, everyone and thank you for the warm welcome back!

My first day back on my food plan was actually amazingly easy. For anyone who needs an easy way to create low cal, flavorful meals, your slow cooker is your best friend. About once a week, I put some crumpled aluminum foil balls in the bottom of the slow cooker, season the chicken (...or turkey) with a good rub, set on low and let it cook for 6-7 hours depending on your slow cooker.

When the legs are loose enough to fall off, it's done. Turn it off and let it cool for 15 minutes or so to let the juices redistribute. It doesn't brown, but most of us trying to lose weight are removing the skin anyway. The crumpled foil balls lift the chicken out of its drippings so that it's not soaking up all of the fat.

We have one meal (...usually the breasts) and then debone the rest for salads and wraps during the week. It always turns out moist and delicious and so much healthier than deli meat.

You'll probably find me talking about cooking a bit. I love to cook and as I find easy and good recipes and methods along the way, I'll pass them on.

So, on to my Monday report:

My Goals For The Week...

The way I usually get back on track is by cleaning up my diet the first week, and then worrying about calories the second week. So, that's what I'm going to do.

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day. Y
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. (Recommended by my MD for joint inflammation.) Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. Y
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. Y
7. Walk 3 times this week; minimum of 30 minutes each day. (It's 5 below zero, here not too far from Green Bay, with a windchill of -15. I'll have to walk indoors somewhere.) N (It was so cold yesterday that my car wouldn't start.

Next week, I'll add my calorie restrictions. At the end of the day, I did log to see how I did. I was only over my usual calorie goal for reducing by 45 calories. Pretty happy about that!
Old 01-12-2016, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Sounds good. Care to share the recipe?
Sure. Google

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/228650/...chicken-chili/
Old 01-12-2016, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Tori - A little about me....I'm a mother of two, a 9 yo boy and an 8 yo girl (great kids!!). I've been married for 16 years to a very patient man I work full time, lucky for me I work days not nights! My husband and I juggle our schedules so that he can drop the kids off at school in the morning and I pick them up. Lucky for us we don't have the extra cost of daycare!! It's a crazy busy life working full time and having a family to take care of. I have very little time to myself. Usually when I'm posting on here, I'm either on a break at work or the kids are in bed. My weight history....I used to be one of the lucky ones who never had to worry about my weight....that is until I quit smoking at age 27 right after getting married. I went from 110 lbs. to 128 lbs. in a matter of a month. At the time, I was shocked...never had I weighed this much and I wasn't doing anything different except not smoking. I complained to a friend who quickly introduced me to Weight Watchers and that was that....I've been some kind of diet ever since...or so it seems. I lost the same 10 lbs. a few times over the next several years....but never going over 128. Then I got pregnant with my first...I was 121 when I got pregnant and by the time I had him, I was 155. I lost the weight after my first by simply watching what I ate and walking a few times a week. I wasn't sweating it at that time because I was planning baby #2 sooner than later. I easily got back down to 121 lbs. in few months then got pregnant with my second. I again got up to 155 by delivery time. After my second, I was pretty overwhelmed with 2 babies only 18 months apart. It was at that time that I started running....I think it was the only thing I could do to manage the stress at that time. I ended up with hip issues and eventually stopped running. I got down to 114 lbs. Then I discovered wine. Ah red wine...that sure did take away the stress. Sadly, wine has become a bit of a crutch for me and certainly a bad habit. That was when the weight came piling on!! Wine has a lot of calories and after a glass or two, I start snacking. In Sept. 2013, I weighed in at 143 lbs. I was actually now overweight!! I was in shock!! That was when I started posting here and tracking my calories....something I had never done before. I have always worked out off and on...so I upped my workout intensity, counted calories and only allowed myself to have some wine on the weekends. I got back down to 119 lbs. by Spring of 2015 and then I injured my shoulder and couldn't do my high intensity workouts. I didn't substitute with lower intensity stuff or even walking....I completely lost my footing once again. The next year and a half, I would try a hundred times to start again but only last a few days. That brings me to current day....I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life...a couple of weeks ago I weighed 161.8 lbs....the heaviest I've ever been...even heavier than what I weighed at 9 months pregnant with both my kids. I still haven't given up....I think I'm now on my 101st try...but I'm still trying. I'm so very uncomfortable in my own skin, I simply refuse to give up. I'm determined to get back to a point where I at least feel comfortable in my skin again. Okay, I guess that was a lot about me!

Lisa - How did you do last night after dinner....did you make it until Atkins time?

Libby - Thanks for sticking by me and cheering me on...even after all the fails I've had. You still seem to have faith in me....thank you for that

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!! ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!
Old 01-12-2016, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Mike and Tori,

Do I have to separate my two favorite siblings again from picking on each other?!? lol =)

Mike, why is it when women get a plugged up head it's "just a cold", but when men do it's full-blown ebola? lol Just kidding... (...not really ). Load up on lots of hot beverages all day long... tea with honey and lemon help to loosen everything up and take the aches away. Soup was a good choice, too.

Cheer up, Buttercup... It's going to be 7-10 days.

In letting my "hippie-dippy" ways show, I use a 500ml essential oil diffuser/humidifier in my home from November thru March. Today, I have a blend of eucalyptus, lemon and peppermint going. Smells amazing and I haven't had a cold or flu in 4-5 years. A necessity with winters like ours. Today it's 4 degrees with a -15 windchill. Our high is going to be a whopping 7 degrees. Hard on the lungs, for sure.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

As I typed my book......I mean my story....Mike and Quinn were posting!

Mike - Hope you feel better soon! I hear those man colds can be pretty nasty!!

Quinn - I've never tried cooking a whole chicken in the crockpot...heck I never even cook a whole one in the oven! I only ever cook skinless boneless chicken breasts...usually marinated and cooked on skewers on the bbq. I'll have to try your crockpot method someday! Do you make your own rub or use a store bought?
Old 01-12-2016, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

I might need to get tested for Ebola. I should check my temp. It's probably around 98.8. a little higher and I'll explode at 100. I have two dogs in my bed, I'm going to curl up and sleep with them. I'll check back later, if I survive.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
In letting my "hippie-dippy" ways show, I use a 500ml essential oil diffuser/humidifier in my home from November thru March. Today, I have a blend of eucalyptus, lemon and peppermint going. Smells amazing and I haven't had a cold or flu in 4-5 years. A necessity with winters like ours. Today it's 4 degrees with a -15 windchill. Our high is going to be a whopping 7 degrees. Hard on the lungs, for sure.
You're in Wisconsin right? Are you talking Celsius or Fahrenheit? I live in Ottawa Ontario Canada.....so I know a thing or two about very cold weather!
Old 01-12-2016, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie

The rub that I use I buy from a little Amish market, although it's easy enough to just mix the spices that you like in a small bowl, add a little bit of your favorite oil, s&p and you're all set.

Ahhh... Finally someone to the north of me! =) Hello, neighbor! Yep, I'm in northern Wisconsin. Our air temp is 8 degrees F with 25 mph wind gusts. I guess I shouldn't complain. It had been a very mild winter up until this week. In fact, we actually had rain over the weekend. I don't remember that ever happening here in January.

Mike

Don't drink hot tea in bed. You could burn something! lol What is it you use to tell me... Ahhh yes... Walk it off! lol **fleeing**
Old 01-12-2016, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

I drug myself out of bed and went to check out the progress on the house. I did walk from the yard front to back, so I guess you could say I tried to walk it off, Quinn. It didn't work though. I'll lay back down, no hot tea in bed for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.