Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16 >

Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16

Community
Notices

Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16

Old 01-06-2016, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Wow! This thread is popping! Great to see so many people.

Tori! Holy cow, haven't seen you IN AGES. Welcome back!!!! Did Mike drag you back in? Gotta thank him for getting this going. BTW what is TBM?

I too get sick of logging, measuring, watching and weighing but seriously. I ate clean one day (Monday) and went hog wild the next. Let's blame it on exhaustion. Let's blame it one DD coming home. Hell let's blame it on Mike. A little testosterone, huh? Yeah just a tad. And Chil Fil A, really, Mike?
Old 01-06-2016, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

My goals for the week:

1) log food/water yes, yes
2) drink 100 oz of water a day yes (140oz), yes (right at a gallon)
3) drink a bottle of water BEFORE I eat a meal yes, yes
4) lose 1 pound

My scale is still acting stupid. Monday morning it said 210.6, today it said 207.8. I know I didn't lose 3 pounds in 48 hours. Oh well, either way, it's still going in the right direction!
Old 01-06-2016, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Tori - That must be tough working nights.
Debbie, please don't coddle Tori. That's like feeding a wild aligator.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Wow! This thread is popping! Great to see so many people.

Tori! Holy cow, haven't seen you IN AGES. Welcome back!!!! Did Mike drag you back in? Gotta thank him for getting this going. BTW what is TBM?

I too get sick of logging, measuring, watching and weighing but seriously. I ate clean one day (Monday) and went hog wild the next. Let's blame it on exhaustion. Let's blame it one DD coming home. Hell let's blame it on Mike. A little testosterone, huh? Yeah just a tad. And Chil Fil A, really, Mike?
She named her dog The Bowel Movement!! Can you believe it? How terrible is that?? I can't bring myself to call him that so I refer to him as TBM. At least one of us has a little heart and compassion.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't seen the the Motivation thread this busy in a very long time. We are only 6 days into the new year and on page 6 already. So nice to see people excited about weight loss again. Things are going much better for me since all the junk is out of the house. We went grocery shopping yesterday and bought a lot of good healthy food. For breakfast I ground some flax seed and made a muffin in a coffee cup in the micro wave. It was very filling. Lunch will be a chopped veg salad with chipotle dressing and I can eat as much as I want for
330 calories. If I share it will only be 150 cal. Supper will be pork loin roast,
oven baked sweet potato fries and green beans. I am eating a large variety of foods but keeping to smaller portion sizes of meats and starches. There isn't any food group that I eliminate because all whole foods have their merits and variety is the spice of life. The holiday weight is gone and by Friday I should be into the 160's. Let's make this the best year ever.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Libby - Please share your mug muffin recipe! Sounds like it would be quick and easy...everything I need with a full time job and a family to feed Are you tracking calories? I'm curious to know if you have achieved your current results by just cutting back on meat and starches or if you still track calories as well. You're doing so well!! I can't wait to see you hit your goal this year!!!
Old 01-06-2016, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Muffin in a Minute or MIM is an Atkins recipe. I would recommend that you buy whole flax seed and grind it yourself. That way you get all the fiber and nutrients from the flax. I eat it with a tsp. of cream cheese and frozen berries. I still count calories and go between 1350 and 750. I think they call it calorie confusion and it works for me.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Morning, folks! Or rather, afternoon...

Looks like everyone is off to a great start, both in terms of actions and in terms of enthusiasm.

Tori, Vicki, I share the frustration of having to watch and obsess over every. single. bite. So unfair.

Vicki, nice work on getting on the treadmill. Have you seen any of the studies with regard to slow-walking on a treadmill? Such as those who advocate doing computer work while tread-strolling? I've even seen treadmills with PC stands mounted on them for just that purpose.

Hope, clean on Monday and not so much on Tuesday? Let's call it Calorie Cycling -- makes it sound like part of a plan, yes?

Mike, if the scales says a loss of 3 pounds, who are you to argue (wink wink). Of course, if it says a gain of 3 pounds, them's fightin' words!

Debbie, your comments about protein waffles reminded me of something I saw yesterday. Apparently, someone is in the process of making a waffle iron in the shape of a computer keyboard. I think there's even a Kickstarter for it. That would be so fun!

Speaking of using protein for cooking, I haven't made my protein muffins in a few months. Last batch I made were seriously bitter. I threw in protein, flax, bran and some other healthy stuff (I forget now), but somehow, it didn't quite work all together. I choked down a few of them but eventually tossed the remainder out. I should try again.

Libby, I've seen the Muffins in a Mug/Minute around for awhile. Didn't know they were attributed to Atkins -- I've seen them on YouTube and on body-building sites. I keep saying I should give it a go. Seems easy enough. And I do like easy.

As for me, yesterday I made my first attempt at curried chicken salad. Made it with apples, grapes and walnuts. We (the fam and I) gave it about an 85. The downfall was the chicken itself. I microwaved it because I didn't want it to dry out. Unfortunately, instead of being dry, it ended up soft and somewhat mushy. Next batch will be seasoned and roasted. And I'll add some scallions. Yum!

Here's the kicker -- I used YOGURT! If you remember my attempts at yogurt last year, you'll remember that just the thought of yogurt makes me gag, but I bit the bullet and used yogurt in the curry dressing. And I really LIKED it! Yeah, I'm as shocked as you are, haha.

Tonight's cooking adventure will be soup. I have a ham bone left over from the holidays. I have some vegetable stock (very low sodium to counteract the sodium in the ham). I soaked a bunch of beans overnight. I'll throw in some onions, spinach and tomatoes. Wish me luck!

Take care, everyone. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-06-2016, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
.....if the scales says a loss of 3 pounds, who are you to argue (wink wink). Of course, if it says a gain of 3 pounds, them's fightin' words!
Epixi - LOL!! This commented literally had me laughing out loud! So true right!! Good luck with the soup tonight. All the ingredients sound like they should produce a yummy and filling soup!
Old 01-06-2016, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Good morning all Today is a rest day for me, thank goodness because I'm pretty sore from Monday and Tuesdays workouts. I'm planning to get in some cardio today....maybe on the bike or the elliptical.
Tori - That must be tough working nights. What do you do for a living? As for how to log food when working nights....I'm not sure since I've never worked nights....but I would guess that you're sleeping schedule isn't the same as others. I would log everything you eat in your waking hours since that would be your day....so everything you eat from the time you wake up (from your full sleep) until the time you go to sleep (for your full sleep....like eight hours....not a nap before work). Hope that makes sense! LOL!
If you're sore, listen to your body and rest. As far as work, I am a pricing manager for a local grocery chain. Don't let the exciting job title fool you, all it means is I am in charge of making sure all of the weekly price changes are done, tags hung, signs made, etc. It's not exciting, but it pays the bills. I only work third one night a week. The other 3 days I work first. It took a while, but I got used to the weird sleeping pattern.
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Debbie, please don't coddle Tori. That's like feeding a wild aligator.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
She named her dog The Bowel Movement!! Can you believe it? How terrible is that?? I can't bring myself to call him that so I refer to him as TBM. At least one of us has a little heart and compassion.
Ah yes, Little BM. You're a dork!!

Hope-When BF came home from the Army we had his sister and niece living with us. Niece had two dogs, Bubba and Boss. When niece decided she didn't like living with rules, she moved out. She left the dogs. Bubba sadly didn't make it, he got hit. Boss is our survivor from her. We call him The Boss Man, or just Boss Man. He is a 22 pound Doberman Dachshund mix. It sounds odd, but he's the cutest thing ever. He has the muzzle and facial expressions of a doxie, but is built like a dobie...just on a small scale. He's too sturdy to be a min pin mix though. We also have a 9 month old German Shepherd named Junior.

That's my story for now. Will update goals later on. We have turkey chili in the crock pot for supper. Slowly but surely I am going to get BF eating good too. I'll never be able to fully convert him (he loves bacon too much), but I can make small changes and he said he's fine with that. Will check with y'all soon.

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-06-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.