Notices

Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16

Old 01-09-2016, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Wow Tori!! That must be tough to deal with!! I'm very familiar with Methotrexate....I have Crohn's Disease but lucky for me, I haven't ever had to take Methotrexate or Prednisone. My sister-in-law, who also has Crohn's, has had to be on both. She is almost always on Prednisone to keep things at bay. She had to stop the Methotrexate....too many side effects and it was no longer helping her.
It was harder at first, but I've gotten used to it. The mtx is a bitch to say the least, but I had to weigh the options. I could take it and see if it helped, or suffer with the effects of untreated RD. I chose option A. In the beginning it made me sick to my stomach and super tired, now it just makes me sleepy. I take it on Saturdays because I'm off work on Sundays. So many people can't take it though, they just can't deal with the SEs. The Humira has been a Godsend. I've shown significant improvement since being on it. August was a year on it. I've also tried sulfasalazine, but it didn't do much for me. I'm on no pain meds for now, and trying to keep it that way. It's another reason I'm trying to lose the weight I've gained back over the past couple of years. The smaller I am, the better for my joints. I can also tell if I eat a lot of processed foods that it makes me flare up. We try to cook most of our meals, and that has definitely helped. Now I just have to try and make those good Southern classics in a healthier way
Old 01-09-2016, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
......I can also tell if I eat a lot of processed foods that it makes me flare up.
This is me to a T!! I can't eat most thing processed. I spend a lot of time cooking on a daily basis. I often have people comment on the food I take to work...they all think I'm so fussy and very gourmet....but truth is I simply can't eat processed food. So this proves it....you can gain weight even if you're eating good, unprocessed food....I'm proof!
Old 01-09-2016, 12:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
So this proves it....you can gain weight even if you're eating good, unprocessed food....I'm proof!
without a doubt!!
Old 01-09-2016, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

Tori and Debbie, so sorry to hear about your health problems! Sounds like you both are dealing with so much.

I was doing so well today. I was right on track with my calories. My pork chop dinner was fantastic. I had 4 oz of meat, 1/2 c mushroom & onion gravy to go over 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes and 3/4 c of brussels sprouts. But guess what happened. I wasn't full. I was no longer hungry, but not full. I really really miss having the "wow! am I ever full!" feeling that comes along with eating within a calorie goal. I should probably eat more vegetables to add bulk, but that just never happens. What did I do instead? I ate a ham sandwich worth 260 calories! Ouch. There went my calorie goal out the window.

Does anyone feel the same as me? Is it just me that wants to feel stuffed? I like the stuffed feeling. When I'm just "not hungry" anymore, it leads to more eating in search of the full feeling.

Tomorrow is a new day.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

The scale is messing with my mind so I am going to keep my calories super low today. (I ate supper with the guys so it was higher cal. than planned.)
After I get the laundry done I am going to walk on the treadmill for as long as I can stand it, probably 10 minutes, boring. (No treadmill walking, I had a nap instead.) It's snowing hard so I am staying indoors. I hate winter.
Lisa, feeling stuffed, that is what I did over the holidays and it didn't feel good or look good either.
I got another compliment at church today. Yay.

Last edited by libby135; 01-10-2016 at 10:30 AM. Reason: update
Old 01-10-2016, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Tori: I've taken Pred since a teen for asthma and now have to take it for asthma and OA. I'm very familiar with Pred and it's side effects. I also have the moon face and round belly to prove it! (Did you know Santa with his round cheeks and round belly is said to have been on Pred?)

Lisa: I totally understand about not feeling full after your meals! I try to just knuckle through it and tell myself I won't starve to death before my next meal. I also try to eat small meals at least every 4-5 hours tops. I try to drink plenty of water but I detest the taste of plain water. I prefer a Crystal Light drink stick for 16 oz water in 24 oz water, but I've recently come to realize the the more CL I drink, the more of it I crave. I drank 24 oz plain water yesterday and my cravings were a lot less. So there just might be some truth in what I've read lately about sugar substitutes increasing cravings.

Libby: Yeah for getting a compliment! I'm glad someone noticed your hard work! Vicki
Old 01-11-2016, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't end the week as I had planned. This stupid cold has me in a tizzy. I haven't wanted water, I've wanted sprite and orange juice,
So that's what I've had. I ended the week with a loss of 4.6 pounds, so we're calling that a win. I'll make new goals when I get home. I'm training a backup for my position and doing other things in the store today, so I'll be super busy. Has anyone started a new thread for this week yet?
Old 01-11-2016, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Last week was harder than I thought it would be. A blip down, then back up........and I caved. Very annoyed with myself. However, I did get back down so I have a 2 pound loss for the week. Keeping my goals the same with some small tweaking.

Goals for the week:
1. Drink 60 ounces of water daily
2. Workout at least 150 minutes a week
3. Log foods keeping macros in mind
4. Stay between 1000-1200 calories
Old 01-11-2016, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gypsyjoy
Last week was harder than I thought it would be. A blip down, then back up........and I caved. Very annoyed with myself. However, I did get back down so I have a 2 pound loss for the week. Keeping my goals the same with some small tweaking.

Goals for the week:
1. Drink 60 ounces of water daily
2. Workout at least 150 minutes a week
3. Log foods keeping macros in mind
4. Stay between 1000-1200 calories
2 pounds is good. Be sure to post this in the new thread. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...-downward.html
Old 01-24-2016, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

hi guys i just started and i must say it was hard to figure out how to use the posting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.