Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16 >

Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16

Community
Notices

Fresh Start 7 day Motivational Thread 1/4/16

Old 01-09-2016, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend! Today, I'll be running errands and getting weekend stuff done. Always so much to do after working all week....***sigh***

Libby - It's raining here as well, but we got a huge amount of snow over the past 2 weeks so I don't know if the rain will wash it all away...fingers crossed that it does! LOL! Congrats on hitting a new decade!!! You're doing so well....keep up the great work!!

....now we're at 12 pages Libby!
Old 01-09-2016, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

It's foggy out there and that makes it bad for driving. We are both in a new decade this week. Soon I should fit into the size 14's hanging in my closet.
Remember we have a weigh in on Monday so be good.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
.....Remember we have a weigh in on Monday so be good.

I'm pushing for a loss each Friday and Monday, so weekends will need to be on track each and every weekend. I will get back to my goal in 2016 and this time around, I will begin the process of maintaining.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

I am attending a party tonight. Under normal conditions that would be a disaster, but for me it is a breeze. My allergies have to be good for something. I can't eat anything and drinking is equally dangerous.
At least they don't drink boxed wine so it doesn't make me feel sick just being in the room.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

We made it to eleven pages in six days. Is that a record Mike?
i think the all time record was around 50 pages. It was back in 2012. It was around the time I was heading his way for Mardi Gras and we were talking about food and places to see.

The weekend has started off on a sour note. The cold I've been babying all week is getting worse. Oh the joys of being on immunosuppressants. Even the smallest cold takes ages to get over. I'm a plugging away though. I have vegetable soup in the crock pot for supper and I'll make cornbread to go with it. Anyway. It's a Netflix kind of day. Bring on Derek Morgan and some Criminal Minds. I'll be feeling better in no time.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

We are going to my Mother in law's to play scrabble tonight. She keeps me on my toes regarding weight loss. Last Summer she was the one that told me that I was eating too much and that got me serious about losing weight. Since September 1st I have lost 32 pounds and I would like to lose another 53 pounds. Onward and downward we go.
Tori, that wasn't 50 pages in one week was it? I hope that your cold will be better soon.
Rainbow, enjoy the company and eat some thing before you go to the party. Can you take some thing that you can eat and drink. That way you are safe.
Congrats to all who lost weight and are in a new decade this week. If you didn't lose than Monday is another chance. Don't give up.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

I've got boneless pork chops in the crock pot for dinner tonight along with some mushroom gravy from a mix (super low cal surprisingly). We'll have brussels sprouts in a light butter sauce and some mashed potatoes. I'm figuring my whole dinner (and a filling sumptuous dinner it will be!) at about 530 calories.

I'm trying to be good today. I did have a leftover piece of pizza for breakfast, but my calories for the whole day are looking really good. Now I just have to stay on track.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I like Libby's saying, "onward and downward!"
Old 01-09-2016, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I took my daughter shopping today for 2 birthday presents for parties she will be attending next weekend. Nothing like having to buy more toys so soon after Christmas We also picked out a paint colour for her new loft bed that my husband is building for her. We also picked up some fabric (to make bean bag chairs for her 'girl fort' under the loft bed) and a purple faux fur rug. Should be a crazy looking bedroom by the time we're done, but she's so very happy with all her choices! Tonight, we're making homemade pizzas like we do most weekends, then playing board games or watching a move together. I really love the ages the kids are at....people always tell me to enjoy these years because all too soon they are grown and too busy to spend time with dear ol' mom and dad....so I will soak it all up while I can!

Libby - Your positivity is contagious!! I think you need an avatar and I found one that would be perfect for you!

Lisa - Hi there Chiquita You always make your meals sound so yummy....even though I don't think I've ever tried pork chops...but you had me at mushroom gravy, brussels with butter sauce and mashed potatoes. YUM!

Tori - What are you on immunosuppressants for? Hope you feel better soon...enjoy your Netflix day!

Annette - Have fun at the party! Even if you can't eat the food, you can enjoy the company!
Old 01-09-2016, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

...Tori, that wasn't 50 pages in one week was it? I hope that your cold will be better soon...
that was one week. The threads were a lot busier back then, in general, but that was a crazy one. I'm going to take some NyQuil tonight to see if I can knock this out.

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
...Nothing like having to buy more toys so soon after Christmas ...
i have 3 cousins with December birthdays and my nephew's is Jan 4. Lots of gift buying this time of year for me.

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
...Tori - What are you on immunosuppressants for? Hope you feel better soon...enjoy your Netflix day!...
i was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Disease two years ago. I'm currently taking methotrexate weekly, Humira every other week, and prednisone as needed for flare ups. If you don't know the side effects of methotrexate, just look them up. It's crazy. Luckily I haven't had any of the serious side effects. If you do look it up, I take minimal dosages than a cancer patient would take. I take 25 MG a week. Which is max dose for RD but not even in the same ballpark as a cancer patient.

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-09-2016 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
i was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Disease 2 years ago. I'm currently taking methotrexate and Humira, prednisone as needed for flare ups. If you don't know the side effects of methotrexate, just look them up. It's crazy. Luckily I haven't had any of the serious side effects. If you do look it up, I take minimal dosages than a cancer patient would take. I take 25 MG a week. Which is max dose for RD but not even in the same ballpark as a cancer patient.
Wow Tori!! That must be tough to deal with!! I'm very familiar with Methotrexate....I have Crohn's Disease but lucky for me, I haven't ever had to take Methotrexate or Prednisone. My sister-in-law, who also has Crohn's, has had to be on both. She is almost always on Prednisone to keep things at bay. She had to stop the Methotrexate....too many side effects and it was no longer helping her.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.