Notices

Motivation and Support 12/21 - 12/27

Old 12-21-2015, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation and Support 12/21 - 12/27

Good Monday Morning to you all. Have you posted your weight on the Challenge thread yet? We only have two more times to weigh in before the challenge is done. Then we go back to just Friday weigh in unless you are up for a Summer Challenge, more about that in the new year. Christmas is only 4 days away. A lot of you are visiting with family or on vacation so it will probably be very quiet around here this week. I hope that you all have a safe and happy time and post when you can.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Libby! I am here, for now. Have been crazy busy moving. Am taking allergy meds that I think are making me gain weight and have been making me feel crappy. Have been walking just about everyday, doing floor exercises, hope to get back to the gym.

How are you?
Old 12-21-2015, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Hope. I am stressed out. I had picked out some recipes for treats that I wanted to bake and DH made such a fuss saying that every one is on a diet and no one wants to eat that stuff. So now I am not doing any Christmas baking. The tree is up and decorated as of last night. Now the house needs a good cleaning to get ready for guests on Christmas day. I just need to calm down and enjoy the time because it will be over so soon.
I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well. Allergies are no fun. Do you have hives or breathing problems? I hope that you feel better soon.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Hi Libby! I am here, for now. Have been crazy busy moving. Am taking allergy meds that I think are making me gain weight and have been making me feel crappy. Have been walking just about everyday, doing floor exercises, hope to get back to the gym.

How are you?
I've been feeling crappy too. Well I guess you could just say I'm feeling soft and squishy.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, yep I'm sure it will be probably be quieter around here this week. I'll be up for a summer challenge! I hope others are too. I really like being accountable at the end of the week AND the beginning of the next week. It really helps me better over the weekends. Can we keep the summer challenge a Monday weigh in? Also, Christmas is notorious for stressing people out, so just take a deep breath and enjoy your holiday the best you can.

Hope, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well and the meds are making you feel crappy. I hope you start to feel better. I don't want you feeling blah and icky on Christmas!!!

Mike, you should join us in the New Year for a Summer Challenge. You may be feeling squishy now, but by summer you could be a hard body!

I will send out my Merry Christmas wishes now, but I'll be back in before then. Just want to make sure I get it out to everyone who pops in earlier rather than later.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Just checked in on the Challenge. I had a half way decent loss this week. Yea! I really didn't think I would have, but I'll take every ounce I can get. I'm on track to lose about a lb a week through the challenge period. That's not too bad, right??
Old 12-23-2015, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Lisa, I'll have to do just that. I'd like to drop ~40 pounds. I might not be able to do it all by the summer but I'm going to give it hell. I think I can get 1/2 way there! January 1, it's on like Donkey Kong!
Old 12-23-2015, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

I know I keep getting lost and eventually find my way back.

I'm doing the resolution thing again this year, with a little bucket list added to the mix. But I am starting early so it becomes a habit.

First habit is recording foods.

News: My mom is now cancer free, but someone else I love has been diagnosed with breast cancer. I may go and help them in the late spring if I can. Of course that will be after my mom's radiation treatments.

I have gained it back. My scale doesn't register, so I will start by taking measurements and work on that first.
I won't promise to be here daily or even weekly, but I will stop in when I can. Record foods first, join the forum when I can.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays or however you express this time of year--I hope it's wonderful for you and those around you!

I know I haven't been on very much lately--just dealing with life. I'm working more hours now and glad that I'm physically able to work more (it also helps the budget a bit!).

Weight wise, I now weigh less than when I had my daughter back in '88! And that feels SOOO GOOD! That also means I'm within just a few pounds of reaching my goal for the year's end!

Size-wise, I'm down to a 1X--that's 3 sizes lost this year. Bra size has gone from 48 to a 42--at least I'm going in the right direction!

Not enjoying this funny weather we're having--high temps, rain and wind in my area. It's not playing nice with my allergies or anything else for that matter! Found out yesterday that I have strep throat. I had it as a teen, but I don't remember it making me feel this bad. My hubbie said "40 years does make a difference." He's still alive and well, but he had to fix his own supper last night for that comment!

Even though I'm back on antibiotics (2 of them!) and cortisone, I've had no elevated temps today and haven't had to take any pain medicine; so that means I'm on the mend! Now, if my nose would only stop itching!

Again, Merry Christmas! Vicki
Old 12-24-2015, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Just popped in to say a quick howdie do. No snow for Christmas, very strange weather. Still cleaning. Christmas service tonight and then to my Mother in laws. Tomorrow every one is coming over for supper. Still need to get groceries. Busy day. Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow or Monday.
Merry Christmas to all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.