Notices

Motivation and Support 12/14 - 12/20

Old 12-14-2015, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation and Support 12/14 - 12/20

Hi all. It's a brand new week and getting closer to Christmas. It's a tough time of the year to be on a diet when every one is shoving egg nog and cookies in your face. I have been able to say no but there comes a point when
the scale is not moving and you wonder if it's all worth it. Am I being too hard on my self. Should I just enjoy the holidays and all the goodies that come with it and leave my diet till the New Year. I am afraid I will undo all the effort I have put into losing since September. I can't put my guard down or I will lose every thing including my mind.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Yes - I know what you mean by loosing your mind... Food is SO good.... and So tempting....

It is hard to keep long term health goals in mind...

'This months choices is next months body".......

Sometimes I suffer with 'who gives a crap' Bad attitude!!

I encourage you - stick with it as best you can..... You will feel better about it after the new year!
Old 12-14-2015, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Brian. I don't want to gain weight over the holidays and that is why I am so vigilant about not eating sugar laden treats. I especially liked the quote,
(This months choices is next months body.) So true. I want to encourage you to have a good week too while preparing for vacation.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

one simple goal... to drop 2 pounds (down to 206.8) by the time my house is bricked.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

That's a good goal Mike. I also want to lose 2 pounds by Monday and I am going to increase my exercise.

Last edited by libby135; 12-15-2015 at 03:02 AM. Reason: speling
Old 12-15-2015, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Libby,
Don't let your guard down! You won't be sorry, and sweets will always be there, even after the New Year! I will try my hardest to do the same! We are leaving for vacation in Florida next Monday (meeting the grandparents there) and there will be lots of eating and they will show up with cookies...
Let's make this a Christmas to remember--one where we pushed through!

Brian, you can do this! Don't get discouraged--imagine yourself on the other side, after you've lost the weight. How do you feel?

Mike, 2 pounds, let's go! Easy-peasy!

I really wanted to be down some more by the time we leave on vacation, but I'm going to have to work really hard this week to see any result. Fortunately, it's not the weekend, so I don't have to cook anything elaborate. I'm going to visualize myself 5 pounds lower--wow, I feel better already!
Old 12-15-2015, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

It's good to have a goal in mind and something to work for. When you are about to slip you can think about your goal and make a better choice. We will all have a Happier New Year knowing we don't have to relose excess pounds.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

dschefer and Libby, yes it would be a great feeling not to have to re-lose what we've worked so hard to lose once already (or in my case, many times already!).

I indulged in some Thanksgiving pie and the damage was minimal. I know I will indulge in some Christmas treats, but I vow to make it a controlled indulgence.

Mike...2 lbs, you got this! I know you can do it.

Brian, it's so easy to get discouraged. We all do, but the important thing is that you don't give up. Don't throw in the towel. I'm trying to adopt a plan of at least maintaining when I get discouraged. I'm not always completely successful, but the damage has been minimal instead of out of control and a major setback. Keep coming here. We are all here to encourage you and help see you through. Libby has mentioned recently that being absent from the boards makes you gain weight. I find that to be true as well. When I don't have support from others it makes it sooo much harder.

I'm down about 1.5 lbs today from yesterday's weigh in. Looks like the monthly water gain and Saturday's Chinese dinner is wearing off. Hope you all have a good night!
Old 12-16-2015, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't been focused. That two pound goal may be difficult. On the flip side it has rained today so I doubt any brick went up.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-16-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

We spent the better part of the day picking out new kitchen and bathroom faucets to replace old leaky ones that have done a lot of damage. There must have been half an inch of water under the sink. We really don't need extra expenses with Christmas coming up so soon but this couldn't wait. DH is taking the kitchen tap apart and I am helping when he calls me other wise I stay out of the way. I hope you all had a good day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.