Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation 12/7/15-12/13, Greet the New Week: Hello New Week >

Motivation 12/7/15-12/13, Greet the New Week: Hello New Week

Notices

Motivation 12/7/15-12/13, Greet the New Week: Hello New Week

Old 12-07-2015, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation 12/7/15-12/13, Greet the New Week: Hello New Week

OK I will start off by saying I will be here WHEN I CAN. If I do not address everyone individually I will address you all. Hey everyone, come join me. I hope this week is a good one for you.

A few simple goals for me:
Eat better
Move
Try not to get too overwhelmed, breeeeeeeathe......
Old 12-07-2015, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

I woke up this morning, got out of bed and walked down the stairs with almost no pain at all in my feet. It looks like my injury from my first night of PiYo a week ago is finally about better. Just in time, too, because on Friday I said I wanted to restart tonight. Looks like I'll be able to do that. I'm really hoping that wearing shoes will make a big difference and give me traction and grip on the mat rather than putting so much pressure and stress on my feet to do it.

I'm pretty much dreading weigh in on the challenge today. Don't know what it's going to show, but I have a feeling it's not going to be good.

I'm going back to diet soda. I drink too many calories and get entirely too much sugar in a day drinking regular, and it looks like my habit isn't going anywhere soon. I don't drink enough water in the day to stay hydrated properly. Going back to diet seems like the best solution for now. I'm sure I'll flip flop on my decision down the road, but for today this is what I'm doing.

Hope, nice to see you! Good goals!

My goals are:
Stay in calorie goal
Follow PiYo schedule
Log food every day.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I beat my Challenge goal and set a new one of 169 by Jan 4th. That gives me something to work for. We are going to need a new Challenge in January for Summer. I gave away all my summer clothes so Now I have to make sure I lose weight to buy a new wardrobe for summer. I am setting my goal at 149 pounds. Wow I can't believe I wrote that. It must be the coffee talking.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:10 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, that's so incredible that you reached your goal a whole month early! I'm so proud of you!!!

I had planned on restarting PiYo tonight with Matthew, but my plans got derailed. My feet felt a lot better this morning and for most of the day. However, I went grocery shopping and when I got home they were bad again. Also, by the time I got home (after 8:00) I really didn't feel like doing it. But mostly it was because of the pain. I wonder what exactly happened to them that they hurt so bad. And I hope they heal.

One time many years ago I went to a gym. A trainer got me set up on a weight lifting routine, with some free weights and some machines. I went 2 or 3 times, and I could no longer lift things, even like a can of soup, with either hand. I had to support the lifting hand with the other one. Especially when trying to lift a gallon of milk. Even raising my arms over my head shot pains through them. The pain and weakness was from my forearm, through my elbow and into my bicep. Anyways, I'm not exaggerating one little bit when I tell you that it took 4, yes 4, years to completely heal. I don't know what I did to them, what tore or strained or whatever. All I know is that it happened while lifting weights and after the 2nd or 3rd time I stopped going. They just healed completely about a year ago. My concern with this story is, I hope that's not what happens to my feet. I hope this injury isn't something that's going to hang around for the next 4 or 5 years, or however long since I don't have the luxury of staying off them for any period of time. I'm worried that I'll keep aggravating the problem. I'm hoping that I'm wrong and I'm just worrying about nothing and that they'll be fine soon. I hope!

I didn't eat well today. Although I stayed well within my calorie goal, almost none of it was nutritionally sound. The only healthy thing I had was an atkins w/ milk, and maybe you might consider turkey noodles healthy. At least it wasn't junk food. I was in the checkout line and saw Funyons (yum!) that were Steakhouse Onion flavored. I bought them on impulse because it sounded good, something different from their regular delicious flavor. But, I was disappointed. They weren't that good. I don't know why I ate them anyways. lol

How are you all doing?
Old 12-08-2015, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

My neighbour and I are going to Aqua fit tonight. It's much easier on the joints and still gives me a full body work out. Once a week isn't enough but I haven't found any thing else that doesn't hurt me to do. Any suggestions?
Old 12-08-2015, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

I'm really exhausted--will post more soon.

Seems like it's been a trying few days for others as well
Old 12-09-2015, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

I am sore from Aqua fit but I feel like I am getting stronger. Also my weight is up. This is the second time it's happened after exercising. I did some stretching when I got home and I think it helped. My diet hasn't been good and I need a way to get more vegetables in to my food. We need to go grocery shopping.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, what about just swimming laps on days you don't have aqua fit? Also, I hope you have a great time buying a new summer wardrobe!!!

I had an excellent day. Hardly any regular soda (just diet) and my calorie count is definitely thankful for that. I'm under my goal by quite a bit. yea! I haven't tried PiYo again yet. My right foot is mostly ok, but my left foot still hurts a ton.

Hope everyone is having a good night!
Old 12-09-2015, 04:34 PM
FitDay Member

Damn it. My excellent day went down the toilet. I realized I forgot about a high calorie snack I had earlier that I needed to log (ouch), and then everyone wanted me to bake something so I made a cinnamon cake. I couldn't resist. I'm an excellent baker and that gets me into a lot of trouble. I went pretty far over my calories by the time all was said and done.

Victory of the day though...I had only about 6 oz of regular soda all day!!!
Old 12-10-2015, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

I'm up early because I just couldn't sleep any more. I'm sipping on my first cup of coffee and then I will knit for a while. I am making a sweater for when I get to my goal weight. It just might take me that long to knit it. Yesterday I was way under my calories because there was nothing good in the house and I wasn't hungry. I wanted some dark chocolate but didn't have any. Usually I keep a bar in the freezer and only eat a small piece at a time. I can make it last for almost two weeks. We need to get groceries today and that requires a drive into town. Also the pool is in another town so I can't go unless some one takes me. The isolation is why I gained weight in the first place. Food was a comfort when I was lonely or sad. Now that DH is retired I have company 24/7. Tonight I will let you know how I did today. Have a good one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.