Notices

Motivation and Support 11/23 -11/30

Old 11-23-2015, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation and Support 11/23 -11/30

Happy Monday to all. I hope you had a good week end and are ready for another week of our weight loss journey. We did so well on the Friday weigh-in. Can we do it again? Let's keep the enthusiasm going.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

I'm a little late today, but I'm here. I was thoroughly disappointed with my weigh in for the challenge today. In a few days I'm going to be getting a new workout program delivered. I'm going to be doing PiYo, and I hope I can keep up with it. I hope I can stick to it and make myself do it 4 or 5 times a week. That sounds so daunting!!!! If I can get myself to exercise I am very confident the weight will really come off me fast. I need to use that as motivation to get it done. I ordered a new fancy red sparkly shirt for the holidays, and I'm afraid it may be too small. I really really want to fit in it by Christmas, so I've GOT to exercise to make it happen.

Let's all have a good week everyone!!! What happened to Brian? Are you out there?
Old 11-23-2015, 11:42 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Monday everyone!

You're all doing great, and I know Thanksgiving is nearly upon us, and it's going to be hard to deal with the Friday weigh-in the next morning, but honestly, how much can you really consume in one Thanksgiving meal? I'm making the meal this year because we're not with family--we're inviting French friends, and on my side, everything will be quite healthy. I plan to indulge, but it would be nice not to go overboard. I'm not even making a pecan pie, because they are SO good, evil calorie bombs. Also, my husband wants to make Eggnog from scratch, and that will just kill me.

There's no use in beating ourselves up this week---let's have fun and enjoy what we're eating. I'm making a turkey with truffle butter rubbed under the skin--it's amazing, I just need to find the truffle butter. Whole Foods, I suppose? Otherwise, we're having mashed potatoes, a vegetable dish (or two), rolls (cheddar or garlic or some such), cranberry sauce, gravy, and pumpkin and apple pie for dessert. We are 9 people all together, but 5 are kids. I found a 13.1 lb fresh (not frozen) turkey at the butcher shop--didn't want a huge one.

What are all of your plans for Thanksgiving?
Old 11-23-2015, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

dschefer, for Thanksgiving it looks like we will be going to a relatives house on Thursday. But I want my own Thanksgiving dinner with my own leftovers so I will make a dinner on Friday or Saturday. I bought two 13 lb turkeys. I needed a 20lb'er, but they were all about the same small size. We'll have one for our dinner, then sometime the week after I'll cook up the other and shred it up for sandwiches and such. One of my very favorite thing about Thanksgiving is the leftover turkey sandwiches with mayo and pepper. yum-o! And I will be making an apple pie and I think a pumpkin cream cheese pie. I think that would be something new and interesting. When we go to our relative's house on Thursday I will definitely be having a calorie bomb piece of pecan pie! For our dinner it's just going to be turkey, gravy, Hawaiian sweet rolls, corn, stuffing, mashed potatoes...that's it. Oh, and the 2 pies for dessert. I'm dreading the scale afterwards! My new exercise program is supposed to come Wednesday. I'll hopefully have enough willpower to make myself get at it right after the holiday.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Many of you are preparing for Thanksgiving with family. It's a time of joy, thankfulness and FOOD. Don't let eating be the main event if your goal is to lose weight. Eat the turkey and clean vegetables and salad, skip the dressing and potatoes and have a taste of pie, not a whole piece. Go for a walk in the park after and enjoy the fresh air. That's how you lose weight over Thanksgiving and no remorse after.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, I understand that it is possible to lose weight over a holiday if you are careful, be selective and limit portions. I, however, plan to indulge. I'm going to have stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and 2 pieces of pie along with the turkey...with skin. If I don't lose weight, or even gain weight, I'll know why and I'll have to work with that. I don't expect to lose weight at all. I expect I will probably gain a couple, and I won't be able to complain after the fact because I chose to do it and knew I was doing it and with absolutely no remorse for it. After Thanksgiving I will get back to work and get back on plan.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

I am really struggling... again . This is so incredibly hard!!
Old 11-24-2015, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Brian, are you still trying to keep your calories super low? If so, I would suggest talking to your family doctor to get his/her recommendation on a good goal for yourself. Take it slow and steady. You have big goals, and goals are great but if they are too lofty it can be very discouraging if you don't reach them. Love yourself, be kind to yourself. Do your best just one day at a time. If you mess up at one meal, focus on the next meal and do better. You can do this. I have confidence in your ability to achieve success. It is hard, I agree with you. Keep checking in with us. It's too tough to go down this road alone, and we are here to encourage you.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Just quickly popping in to say hello. I hope all our fitday friends south of the border (south of the Canadian border that is ) have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Hope you all have the opportunity to enjoy some good company, yummy foods, fine wine and have lots to be thankful for

Old 11-24-2015, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

Got my new workout program, PiYo, today! yea! I looked through all the inserts and started with the "watch first". It was a 45 minute introductory to the moves in the workouts and proper alignment and positioning for each of them. I watched it through first, then I started it over and tried to do some. I lasted 15 minutes. I arched my back too far because it's a little sore, and my head was out of alignment from trying to do the moves while watching the tv so the back of my neck hurts. My wrists are not flexible and many of the moves put a lot of pressure on the wrists, so they are sore. lol. Not a good start. I watched the first few minutes of the lower body workout, and it looks easier than going through the poses and holding them for a while, while Chalene explains things and has you repeat several times. The workout itself keeps moving, which I think will be easier. The moves where your hands are on the floor like the plank or downward dog hurt my hands. I hope I get used to it quickly. I'm just wondering how I'm going to be able to learn the moves without watching the tv and trying to keep my head in alignment. Just those few minutes and a few tries at some planks and my core is feeling worked. I think this will be a good program if I can get around the wrist thing and trying to watch the tv and learn the moves without hurting my neck. I'm so out of shape. This could be the death of me! Looking forward to moving on with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.