Community
Notices

Motivation Monday

Old 11-09-2015, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation Monday

Old 11-09-2015, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

I just got back from a half hour walk and the weather is beautiful for November.
Tomorrow it's going to rain so I had to get out in the fresh air today. Let's keep the enthusiasm going and have another great week. I am due for a big loss like you had this week.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

I was so motivated by my huge loss this week (4.8lbs!) that I thought, "If I can do that with just calories, imagine what I could do with exercise!" I went downstairs and did the FULL first half of my Slim in 6 video! This is the first time I've done that since I was exercising regularly a long time ago before I hurt my back. I had to stop for a few seconds here and there, and I couldn't do my arms the whole time, but I did the full first 22 minutes. That may not sound like a lot to some, but to me it is BIG! I'm going to try to really push myself to do it every day.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

I always suffer motivation wise a couple of days in. I'm on my 3rd day of trying... again....
So far I'm just trying to not snack on everything. There is so much candy right now that I could just... eat... all of it. >.<

It's cold and has been raining pretty constantly the past few days, but I am trying to make myself get up and do more around the house. I have Fibromyalgia (just diagnosed after 2+ years of suffering), so I have to be careful not to overdo it and build up. Which is hard, I just want to be able to get up, move and do it like I used to be able to.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kisa! Nice to have you join us here. It is sooo hard to get started. I feel for you there. It took me a while to get my steam too. One thing that I've done to help get things on track when I fall off the wagon is to start simple and easy. I try not to change too many things at once. It gets too overwhelming. Another thing you might try is to count calories for a week or so without trying to restrict too much just to get a realistic picture of where you're at. Then you can decrease your calories from there. FitDay suggests me eating a lot more calories than I really need. It was a little bit of trial and error at first to get to the right number for me. If you have any questions, we're here to help and cheer you along.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

I have a request. Can you add the date of the week to the motivational thread?
Old 11-09-2015, 11:32 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Libby . I put up this post as a motivational 'quote'. It wasn't meant to be the weekly motivation thread which is why I didn't put a date on it LOL!. I'm not able to edit it now, so it will have to stay this way or you can start another thread that includes the date. Sorry for the confusion!
Old 11-10-2015, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, love the quote and the picture. I started a new thread with this weeks date. I hope it's not confusing for everyone. See you on the other thread.