Motivation and Support 11/9 -11/15 >

Motivation and Support 11/9 -11/15

Community
Notices

Motivation and Support 11/9 -11/15

Old 11-10-2015, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation and Support 11/9 -11/15

Hi all. I didn't know it was so easy to start a new thread other wise I would have done it on Monday. A day late isn't too bad.
How is every one doing? We had our Challenge weigh in yesterday and we lost a lot of weight last week. Keep it going.

Last edited by libby135; 11-10-2015 at 03:03 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all and welcome Kisa and Jessie. I hope that we can be helpful to you and answer your questions. I have been around here for a while but in September of this year I was at my highest weight and decided that I couldn't live like this any more. I have changed my diet and increased my exercise and have lost 22 pounds since the first of September. Although I have a lot more to lose I think that I have made a good start at it. Just stick with it and the weight will come off.

Last edited by libby135; 11-10-2015 at 04:05 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Off to a bumpy start yesterday, but feeling strong and back on track today. I have to make sure those off days don't turn into more than 1 day....that's usually how I start to go off track but I seem to be able to pull it together the very next day, so I'm happy about that. I didn't really over do it yesterday, but I just didn't track my food or get a workout in.

Libby - Thanks for getting us started for the week! You've lost 22 lbs. since September. That is simply fantastic!!! You are making such great progress and I'm so excited to stick around and see you continue on your journey and reach your goal!!

Lisa - Great job doing the full Slim In Six workout!! I know you've been afraid of hurting your back, so great job on overcoming your fear!! Keep at it girl

Welcome Kisa and Jessie! We're a small but friendly group here Glad to have you join us!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-10-2015, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, 22 lbs is amazing! You are doing wonderfully. Keep up the dedication!

I'm having just an ok day food wise. I logged my food, but I don't know how to calculate the gravy I'm going to make from the juices and fat that rendered from the chuck roast I put in the crock pot. There was some marbling in the roast, but it wasn't packed with fat. The roast shrank a ton, so I know it was a lot of the liquid cooking off it. So how do I even begin to calculate a home made gravy from drippings? I don't know.

My day was going pretty well, but in the past hour I've got some bad news about my son who is in jail at the moment, and a research project that he wants me to do that I have no idea where to even begin, so I just became overwhelmed with stress. I hope it doesn't lead to snacking. I'm super hungry right now, dinner isn't ready, and I have no more room for more calories. And I'm used to stress eating in the first place, so to not do it is a big challenge.

I'm really proud of everyone here. You all are doing a great job! Keep up the good fight, and you will reap the rewards. Good night all!

Update: The gravy didn't turn out that great. I only had 2 bites.

Last edited by AZLisaLou; 11-10-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

Hi,

I'm really proud of all of you and how you are all sticking to the plan--it motivates me to keep going!

Lisa, I'm sorry about your son--it's so hard not to take our kids' struggles on ourselves. Even though my kids are still little, I know I'll always be terribly affected by what they go through. I always think about that quote: " Having kids is like having your heart forever go walking around outside your body."

I'm not so into the dieting thing at the moment, just because I've been preoccupied since I had to take my daughter out of school because of her terrible teacher. I'm really busy since we do a ton of schoolwork each day and I'm trying to do my own work on top of it. I'm just trying to keep it healthy. I had a vegetable soup to which I added a can of black beans today. I have to cook healthy for her for lunch, and it was really tasty, so...

Anyway, keep on keeping on all of you. I'm trying not to be a stranger just because I think being here with you all is a really positive thing, and I do commiserate with your struggles and enjoy hearing about your progress.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Prayers to all having difficult times. This too shall pass. We went to a spaghetti supper fund raiser at our church last night and I was sooo good. A lady brought fresh home made donuts for dessert and I didn't even sniff them.
My husband ate two and complained about how greasy they were. He also had two servings of pasta with meat sauce and salad. We bought a Dutch apple pie and so far no one has touched. I had a big calorie deficit for the day and could have had some ice cream but I didn't need it. The scale rewarded me with a half pound loss. I also got a compliment from a friend who noticed that I am losing weight. That made my day. Have a good week.
Debbie, good for you for getting right back on track.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

Aw Libby! That's so awesome that you received a nice compliment. I'm sure that made you feel so good! You deserve it girl! You've been so focused on your goal and staying on track for months now! I'm excited for you!

As for me, I'm struggling to stay on track and to stay motivated. I've ordered a new workout system to try. I'm bored with what I've been doing and I think that's part of the problem. I'm not giving up though!
Old 11-11-2015, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, I bet it felt so great to have someone recognize the hard work you've been putting into this. Yea you!

Debbie, I'm really sorry to hear you are struggling. Is there anything in particular that changed your motivation?

today started "that time", and I'm cramping badly and I'm bloated. the scale has me up 2.5lbs, which I know for a fact is incorrect. I'm not sure I'll weigh in this week, because if it is still up like this on Friday, I'll know it's not accurate.

I got my hair done on Wednesday and I've been wearing makeup for the first time in nearly 10 years. It feels great. I feel and look soooo much younger. Even as a plus size, my appearance is leaps and bounds what it was, and that is very motivating for me to continue what I've been doing.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa - I'm bored with the workouts I've been doing and when I get bored, I guess it affects my motivation. That and I find it's really quiet around here...not as encouraging to post as when it's busier here. I don't really know I guess.....I just feel in a slump again. I think I need to try something completely different.....maybe that will fire me up again? I guess that's why I tried this diet bet thing, but turns out that it's a whole lot of people posting random thoughts but no real connection. Again....not motivating.

I'm happy to read that you and Libby are doing so well! I swear it's the success that the two of you have been posting about that is keeping me on track at all! It gives me hope that I can get my $#!T together and see some progress!!
Old 11-11-2015, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, it's amazing what a little make up and lip stick will do for our self esteem.
I got my hair cut before we went out last night and it made me feel better. We are constantly doing for others and we need to take time for ourselves once in a while. Every body, do some thing to pamper your self and tell us about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.