Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Binge eating, afraid of gaining weight again... need some help! >

Binge eating, afraid of gaining weight again... need some help!

Community
Notices

Binge eating, afraid of gaining weight again... need some help!

Old 11-07-2015, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Binge eating, afraid of gaining weight again... need some help!

Hello there,
I'm new to the forum though I've been using this programme for a while. I'm 45, been dieting all my life, 1, 52 m tall, which is very short, last year went down from 64kg to almost 50, I had never been so slim before.. I recovered a few kilos over the holidays, I can't lose them again, I keep starting every Monday but then I screw it all up, I am quite obsessed... can't set limits when I break the diet, I may eat lots of bread even after dinner , not just one dessert but 3... I'm more or less happy with my current weight (54 kg) but need to lose these 3 or 4 kg again to feel I have some kind of margin. However, what worries me most is these binge eating episodes. Any others like this around?
Old 11-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Your BMI is in the normal range. I can understand wanting to have that 'margin of safety' when you lose a few kgs. Maybe then you wouldn't worry about the binge eating if you had that margin. However, binge eating is always a risky practice!

Could it be that you get something from that (relief from stress?) and you are managing the frequency of any binge eating episodes so far? In those terms, you are successful.