Motivation & Support 10/26-11/1 >

Motivation & Support 10/26-11/1

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 10/26-11/1

Old 10-26-2015, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation & Support 10/26-11/1

Wow! It was really strange to see that when I typed the post name that it is almost November! Where has the year gone???

The holidays are just about upon us. Halloween next weekend, then (US) Thanksgiving, then the Christmas season. ugh! How will we survive???

PLANNING!

It's never too early to start thinking about some of the approaches you will take to combat all those tempting tasty treats and seemingly never ending buffet of food. Will you be raiding your kids' trick-or-treat bags? Will you be sampling every pie put out on Thanksgiving? (Canadians can identify with Thanksgiving as you just had yours.) And what about December? When I was working it seemed like all month long people were bringing in plates of cookies, brownies and brownies to share, and there were several bring-a-dish buffets on Fridays. Start thinking now about alternatives to these things, and how you will pass the test of these tempting situations.

Anyone want to chime in with some suggestions?
Old 10-26-2015, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Here's my idea: Focusing on Halloween since it's less than a week away, I suggest buying a small package (single or share size serving) of bite size minis of whatever candy bar you like, or kisses, and freeze them. When you have a craving, take out a couple pieces and suck on them. They will last longer, and you'll have the sensation and taste of the candy in your mouth longer.

I kind of stayed on track over the weekend and kinda didn't. Friday was take out night. I brought home our food (Taco Hell, I mean Bell) and dug into some nachos and a steak burrito. I didn't finish it all, not even close. It fell on my stomach like a brick and didn't even taste good. Even though I planned a take out night and knew what I was doing, I didn't enjoy a single second of it, and I wished I had had an atkins or something home-cooked. Saturday we had pizza. Not the greasy delivery kind, but the kind you buy in the deli and take home and bake yourself...everything fresh. I had 2 slices and was pleasantly surprised to realize it was only 700 calories for both of them. Did I already type all of this out in last week's thread? Now I can't remember, but I feel like I'm repeating myself. Ah well. For the rest of the weekend I stayed right on track. Even though I had pizza, it fit into my calories. Last night I was even under my calories for the day.

I think I'm going to try to take a queue from Debbie and try to get myself to exercise in the morning after I drop the kids off to school. No one here to bother me, and I can fall back into bed after a quick bath (lol I hate showers!). Maybe I'll be able to stick to it better if I do it and get it out of the way first thing. We'll see.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

We had a pot luck lunch after church yesterday and I was careful to choose mostly vegetable dishes and no dessert. My husband offered me a taste of the cake but I declined it. For supper my brother in law cooked a pork roast and I made roast potatoes and boiled cauliflower. My calories were under 1100 so I did well. I kept busy doing laundry and sorting clothes. Soon I will be able to get rid of some clothes that are getting too big for me. Yeah. DH said don't spend any money because we only have 17 dollars in the bank and we have to stretch it till Thursday. Good thing we have food in the house.
I hope we all have a good week.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hello fitday friends!

I had a successful weekend for the first time in a very long time!! Weekends are what always derails me then it seems as though I spend the rest of the week trying to fix my mistakes. I exercised daily (even with a sore back...I just did what I could!) and tracked calories. After Fridays highest weight ever weigh in, I actually saw a drop in the scale this morning! My weight hasn't been down on a Monday in forever!! This makes me feel very motivated and hopeful that this time it will finally click again and I'll be back on the right path.

Lisa - My strategy for Halloween was to buy something to give out to the kids that I don't really like....so I got rice crispy squares. As for dipping into the kids Halloween stash, I store it out of sight...so out of sight out of mind. It also helps that I really don't have a sweet tooth, so I'm not too tempted by the candy. The chips however....that does tempt me! But I'll just do my best to resist. As for the holidays, food is not a huge concern for me but it's the wine and cocktails! Those things add up too fast and I like them too much!! If I have a cocktail or wine, my ability to say no to salty crunchy snacks goes waaaaay down! Gotta come up with a game plan I suppose! LOL! Don't give me too much credit for waking up to get my workout in! That is the plan but I still haven't managed to actually make it a daily occurrence....although I've been pretty good at getting in daily exercise otherwise.

Libby - I'm seriously jealous (but soooooo proud of you!!!) that your clothes are fitting loose!! I can't wait to feel that way!! Everything is so darn tight on me that I only have a few things in my closet that I can actually wear. Even my winter jacket is too tight!! You are doing so well!! Keep it up!!

Hope everyone is having an awesome Monday!
Old 10-26-2015, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
I joined a women's plus size support group specifically for the company that does my Slim in 6 video by a particular coach who specializes in supporting and coaching plus size girls. I'm not going to abandon here...this is home. But I'm really anxious to see how this other group works and how they might be able to help me. Having said that I feel like I'm cheating on FitDay. I can do both, right? There's no harm in getting as much motivation and support as you can.
Lisa, I forgot to ask you about this last week. How are you liking the new support group? And for the record, I totally think you can do both! It can be especially motivating to check in with others that are doing the same exercise program as you!
Old 10-26-2015, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, good ideas on how to deal with halloween! The weight loss group hasn't gone into full swing yet. I've only got a few emails from the coach that are kind of daily email blasts. I haven't got into the nuts and bolts of it yet.

Libby,
a pot luck lunch and a pork roast dinner and you stayed under 1100 calories? Wow! you made some amazing choices. Good for you!

I made Jambalaya for dinner tonight for the first time. That is a really healthy dinner with tons of flavor! I won't eat it because it has shrimp in it, but I tasted it before the shrimp went in and it was so flavorful. I got the recipe off Pinterest, and it was suuuuuper spicey. If you don't like super spicey, it can be modified easily but still retain the flavor. Let me know if you want the recipe.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

I see Libby and Debbie here...where is everyone else? Mike...you doing ok? Hope...hope you are well. Vicki, Becca how is it going?? Annette, I know you will be in an out periodically...who else am I missing?
Old 10-27-2015, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

I for one am ready for an amazing day. How about you all?

I ended up about 250 calories under target yesterday. I am finding that dinner time is keeping me fuller longer most of the time. Yesterday I just had a ham & cheese sandwich for dinner, and I wasn't hungry the rest of the night! I sure could have raided the pantry and snacked on chips and pop tarts, but I'm getting used to not going in there for that. I keep my eyes on my cooking shelves when I need to go in there. yea me!
Old 10-27-2015, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

I made a meal with mushrooms onions, brussell sprouts and rice. I heated up some of the left over pork roast to go with it. It was very filling and flavourful.
This morning I weighed in with a new low but I will keep it till Friday.
Where is every one? If it gets too quiet there is trouble brewing. Staying away is fattening.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! We have house guest again...just yesterday and today then they leave tomorrow morning. It's been easier to stay on track with house guests this time because I'm at work so it's only dinnertime that I'm home cooking for everyone that I need to stay on track with. I've planned healthy meals so it makes it even easier to stay on track! However, when there are dinner guests there is always wine and those calories add up so fast!! There's no way I will be in my caloric range yesterday or today....but that's okay. I did exercise yesterday and plan to today as well, so hopefully that will help to offset the extra calories.

Lisa - That's great that you're feeling satiated!! It wasn't too long ago that you were asking for ideas on low calorie stuff that would make you feel more full. Sounds like you've adjusted to your new calorie intake. Great willpower ignoring the snack food in your pantry! Keep at it girl! You're doing great!

Libby - YAY!! A new low! What a great way to start the day! Hearing your success motivates me to keep working towards my goals too! I couldn't agree more with your comment about staying away from here is fattening Hope the others chime in soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.