Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Support 11/2-11/8 >

Motivation & Support 11/2-11/8

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 11/2-11/8

Old 11-06-2015, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

As of today I am down 19 lbs from my highest. I'm happy about that.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
As of today I am down 19 lbs from my highest. I'm happy about that.
That is simply awesome!! Keep doing what you're doing!!
Old 11-07-2015, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Just checking in to say hi! I was up early this morning, I guess I haven't quite adjusted the time change. Since I was awake and the whole family was still sleeping, I managed to get in 45 minutes fasted cardio. I had to use the exercise bike today because my foot is hurting a bit. I don't want to injure myself and have yet another set back!

I have a busy day ahead of me, so glad I've already taken care of myself this morning. It's going to be a great Saturday! Wishing you all a fantastic day as well!

Old 11-07-2015, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

I really hate being at my mom's.

She gets up in the morning and has prunes and a protein/veggie drink. Then she putters around the house until her bowels move. Except on TOPS morning, then she only has prunes and goes to weigh-in and attend the meeting.

Then she has breakfast anywhere from 9 am to 10 am.

I get up, dress, take an empty stomach medication and then go for a walk. When I get back around 8 am, it is time for me to eat and take more meds, including one that has to be taken with fat. Fat can be as little as an egg or a glass of milk. But she expects me to wait to eat with her.

The next problem is she complains about one of her thin friends who has a tendency to say things that offend her. Then in the next breath she turns and tells me that I must be eating something I shouldn't because I would lose weight otherwise.
I have had this problem forever. People just assume that I overeat. My biggest problem is forgetting to eat.

When I told her that she turned around and told me that I must overeat when I go without a meal.
The opposite is true. When I forget to eat I end up with stomach pain and then I can't eat without getting sick.

In the past I have gone longterm on the lowest level of Dr. Atkins and not lost weight. I do start out losing, but then my body gets used to that way of eating. I have also gone longterm on low calorie and high burn exercise. All the numbers said I should have lost weight, but I didn't. Defined muscles and stronger, but no weight loss.
Even now, I look fat, but I can lift 50-75 lb trays without struggle. I just can't get them up to the top shelf anymore, or carry them down stairs. But I can't even do that with lighter weights anymore.

Okay, vent over.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. In the last two days we have enjoyed the company of friends and family and with that comes feasting. Well I did my share and the scale can attest to it. I am back on track today but I can't say what tomorrows weigh in will be.
Rainbow, don't let your moms bad attitude affect you. Shake it off.
Debbie, Keep up the excellent work. I knew you could do it.
Lisa, Wow is all I can say.
We had a good week.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Annette: I understand totally about your struggles with your Mom, trying to eat less and the scale not showing it. I understand about feeling stronger from exercise and still no weight loss too. From all the walking and lifting you talk about, I know you have to be strong and toned. Just don't give up--the results will eventually show up!

Lisa: Congrats on the weight loss! Doesn't it feel wonderful!

Libby: Good job about getting back on track so fast! Glad you got to spend time with family!

Debbie: Sometimes we need to take care of ourselves first--so we can have the energy and peace of mind to take care of the rest of our folks! I got up and took care of me first this morning--before I even took care of the animals! Then I could do better with everybody and everything else! Thanks for reminding me of that!

Vicki
Old 11-08-2015, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all!! It's the weekend...the time where I usually lose all the momentum of the week. While I haven't been 'perfect' this weekend, I did manage to stay more on track than usual! A huge success in my books! I got in some cardio both Saturday and Sunday and I stayed on track with counting calories! I did have more carbs than I was having during the week and I did have some vino. I do love my red wine! But all in all I think I had a very successful weekend!

Libby - Back at you girl!! And thank you for the vote of confidence!!!

Vicki - Good job taking care of yourself first!!

Annette - Mother's are people too. Complete with flaws and all. Accept her for who she is and just concentrate on yourself and being the person you want to be. After all, you can't change her behaviour, you can only manage your own.

Lisa - Hey girl!! hope you had a great day!!

Hope, Mike, dschefer...anyone else I'm missing? HELLOOOOO!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! .....pffft.....tomorrow is Monday...back to work....
Old 11-08-2015, 02:52 PM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone,

Debbie, thank you for remembering me--I've been embarrassed about my lack of willpower and thus not posting much...
Have had an upheaval in our lives--I'm taking my younger daughter out of school beginning tomorrow because she has a terrible teacher and hates going to school.
So yeah, our lives will be a bit different beginning tomorrow morning. I was hoping I could work on my project which I was so involved in, but my daughter's well-being takes priority, so...
Anyways, it's hard to know what to do. I'd like to get her into a class with a different teacher (I can't imagine anyone being worse than the one she has now), but I need her at home with me for a little while so that I can bring up her confidence again.
So it's been hard to stay on track--I'm sort of mentally exhausted at the moment, not sleeping well...
I'm not exactly gaining, but have lost some motivation.

Anyways, I always love to hear about everyone's progress here. You do keep me going, even during the toughest times in which cutting back on my eating seems to be a Sisyphus task.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dschefer
.....I've been embarrassed about my lack of willpower and thus not posting much...
Dear meeee! We are right here with you!!! Please don't ever feel embarrassed to post here....we all have our personal struggles..so no judgement! I'm interested to hear how it goes with home schooling your daughter. Where do you live? Canada or the US?
Old 11-09-2015, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Dschefer, my heart goes out to you and your daughter. Your daughter needs you now and she will remember that you were on her side. I hope that every thing will be resolved soon.