Motivation & Support 10/19-10/25 >

Motivation & Support 10/19-10/25

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 10/19-10/25

Old 10-22-2015, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
Hi all. I feel like I am spinning my wheels in place. One day my weight is up and the next day it's down but I am not making any progress despite my best efforts. I need a hand to hold or a new strategy to get the scale moving in the right direction.
Hi Libby it's good to see you here. I feel similarly but I am not making my best efforts. For me, it's stress, health, anger ( often at myself). What do you think is impeding you?
Old 10-22-2015, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Libby. I'm here to support you too. I've got 2 hands to hold and a shoulder to cry on if you need to. Like Hope asked, what do you think is impeding you? Where is your struggle? We can help you work through this!

I'm off and running to what I expect to be another great day. I came in under calories yesterday, which I was happy about. If I can stick to my plan I'll come in under today too.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 10-22-2015, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Hey all! I wanted to pop in and tell everyone to check out the recipe I tried on my family tonight. Here's the link in the food section for Salmon Chowder. My family loooooooooooooved it and it was less than 400 calories for a good sized bowl! I don't eat fish lol, so I can't tell you first hand, but by the reactions of the 5 other members in my family, it was a real winner.

Nikki: good to see you. so sorry about the report on your knees, but also glad that you are getting it addressed. Isn't it great to have a doctor who actually listens and doesn't look down their nose at you?!
Lisa,
This recipe looks delicious. I love fish. I'm definitely going to try this. I bet I could make a big batch and freeze it too which I love to do. Thanks for sharing it.

I can't tell you how relieved I was that my doctor addressed ME and not just my weight issue. I'm hoping the sports medicine/orthopedist is the same way when I go.

Thanks for the recipe!
Old 10-22-2015, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default today

Good Wonderful morning to all my new found friends.
Today is going to be great!
I've done 20 minutes of exercises and am going to bike for 5 minutes 2 x's today and go to a water aerobic class for 1 hour later this evening.
if possible join: it is great low impact. ( I am 6 months into healing a broken foot, ankle and Knee cap. ( bad car accident ) Dr. told me it will be a good year!
I am so focused on my food intake, still writing down everything that's going in my mouth!! I think I will be losing something its the first week so it might be some water weight, but that ok you have to start somewhere. right! Anyway I know today will be good.
I would love for you all to have a great day, relax and enjoy this journey!!
Old 10-22-2015, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I feel like I am spinning my wheels in place. One day my weight is up and the next day it's down but I am not making any progress despite my best efforts. I need a hand to hold or a new strategy to get the scale moving in the right direction.
Libby,

Have you had your thyroid tested? When my mom was alive, she found it impossible to lose weight despite diet and exercise. Her doctor finally tested her thyroid and discovered that it was slow. Once he put her on medication, she began losing weight.

Are you logging everything you eat? (including drinks, dressing, condiments, cooking fats (such as olive oil, vegetable oil or butter) and sauces?) For awhile I was eating fast food restaurant salads (which were healthy on their own) but I was disregarding what dressing I was using. So my 300 calorie salad turned into an 800 calorie meal after adding just 2 packets of dressing.

Don't give up. My weight fluctuates on a daily basis too. I officially weigh in on mondays but I weigh myself every day. In fact, I did up an Excel spread sheet where I log the DAY BEFORE's calories, and the current days weight so I can see how my calories are affecting my weight. Sometimes it's obvious why I'm up half a pound. Other times, there's no rhyme or reason for it. But, it's also enabled me to see trends. For some reason, every 5th week I seem to gain 2-3 pounds. Then, the following week, I'll lose 4-5 pounds. Most likely this is some sort of fluid retention pattern (probably having something to do with my period) SORRY MIKE!

Hang in there Libby. Don't get discouraged. Everyone loses at different rates.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by linda987
Good Wonderful morning to all my new found friends.
Today is going to be great!
I've done 20 minutes of exercises and am going to bike for 5 minutes 2 x's today and go to a water aerobic class for 1 hour later this evening.
if possible join: it is great low impact. ( I am 6 months into healing a broken foot, ankle and Knee cap. ( bad car accident ) Dr. told me it will be a good year!
I am so focused on my food intake, still writing down everything that's going in my mouth!! I think I will be losing something its the first week so it might be some water weight, but that ok you have to start somewhere. right! Anyway I know today will be good.
I would love for you all to have a great day, relax and enjoy this journey!!
Great job Linda. Keep up the great work. Starting a quest for health can be so motivating. Nice to meet you.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

Here is a product that I really like and have been using a lot since I restarted my diet back in March:

Cuisinart Griddler Deluxe
It is something like a Foreman Grill but I like it better.
Close it and it cooks your meat, sandwich on both top and bottom at the same time.
Open it up and it turns into a long flat griddle to cook eggs, bacon whatever for a crowd

It also has a floating top so you can adjust the height for different sized sandwiches or to the thickness of the meat you are cooking so it doesn't smash them down.

Sear Features: there are two buttons (for the top and bottom) that allows you to quick sear your meat on both sides quickly before you cook it through to keep the meat juicy.

Individual Temperature Controls for Top and Bottom
Nothing sticks, so I just typically use a tiny bit of cooking spray and things come off perfectly.

Both Top And Bottom Grill Plates Are Removable for Easy Washing

Here is the link: Cuisinart GR-150 Griddler Deluxe, Brushed Stainless (Refurbished) - Overstock Shopping - Great Deals on Cuisinart Electric Grills
Old 10-22-2015, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

Good gawd girl! I could have wrote this post myself!!!!

I second Nikki's rec about having your thyroid tested. Have you ever had it tested?
Old 10-22-2015, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Lisa - Are you still enjoying infused water? What concoctions have you come up with!!?!!?
Old 10-22-2015, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I've just done the same things...strawberries mostly. Nothing exotic or fancy. I didn't go to the farmer's market last week. I completely forgot about the peaches I bought. They weren't ripe when I bought them, and then I forgot about them on the counter hiding out with the onions. Same with the kiwi. So I spent a lot of money on wasted fruit. I'll have to not buy so much at one time in the future. Sami likes using the frozen mixed berries, which is probably a better idea since they can stay in the freezer and we don't have to worry about them going bad. Maybe I can do the same with other fruits...buy them frozen and pop them in like an ice cube. I've actually, believe it or not, also been drinking plain water for the first time in my life ever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.