Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Support 10/19-10/25 >

Motivation & Support 10/19-10/25

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 10/19-10/25

Old 10-20-2015, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

I forgot to add my weekly goals to my last post. This week, my goals are to track food daily, drink 64 oz. water daily and move every single day! For now, I'm not going to be too structured with my exercise choices, but I will do some form of exercise daily not matter what....no excuses!
Old 10-20-2015, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

good morning, everyone. It's good to see everyone here.

Hope, I like your goals. Simple, yet they will be effective.

Annette, welcome back.

Libby, I wish I could wake up skinny after a long sleep!

Mike, good to see you!

Debbie, Si6 is going well. I know a lot of people like to change things up daily, but this suits me so much better. I know what to expect and I know what's coming. I didn't exercise last night. I plan on getting to it tonight though. So glad to see your can-do attitude taking charge. I like the head in the sand pic. That's me quite a lot of the time, too. I just recently pulled my head out and I'm finally making progress. Get back to exercising regularly and you will too.

I weighed in too early yesterday morning. I showed a moderate loss that I was happy with; however, later in the afternoon I had a big drop (I always way less in the afternoon) by a lot. I didn't update my weigh in, though. I'm looking at this as a good head start to Friday's weigh in and maybe I'll see a big drop for next monday's weigh in.

I am soooo proud of myself. I have not been raiding the pantry or fridge lately. I've been sticking to my plan and it feels good to be succeeding. Yesterday I hit the sack early and didn't have my night time atkins so I came in under my calories for the day. woot! woot!
Old 10-20-2015, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I am glad to hear your Chrohns is manageable. Yes I am very food sensitive and my fibro flares are definitely affected by how I eat. Bad eating day on Monday. Sadly sometimes when I feel crummy I indulge in bad eating habits.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Lisa. My participation will be spotty until my mom's cancer treatments are over. Most of it depends on internet availability. In some places I don't even have cell reception.

I haven't managed to walk to work at all. We haven't gotten into a comfortable rhythm yet. It isn't all bad though because "work" involves a lot of upper body strength. Driving tractor without power steering. Lifting heavy items. Yesterday my arms were so sore that I had to rest between loads.

Six days a week till done. Or until I leave for my mother's.

We have political unrest in our house. Apparently my husband and I cancelled out each other's vote. I won't say how we voted because I don't actually want a political discussion here. This is my safe place where all we worry about is healthy stuff.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks for the invite!

Thank you for the invite to join you. I will be checking in on Monday's hopefully with a weight loss. on Monday the 19th my weight was 169. (the highest I have ever been.) I really want to get to 145 this year. I want to take it slow as I don't ever want to be this weight again. this will be a life time change.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I didn't manage a workout before work this morning, so I'm planning to walk for about 50 minutes during the hour that my daughter is in art class this evening. I can just park the car in parking lot and put on some good tunes and walk Funny, I never considered walking to be formal exercise in the past. If I wasn't working hard, breathing heavy and sweating like crazy it just didn't rank in my books. Fast forward to today after having a few injuries and gaining weight, a 50 minute walk is a great accomplishment!

Linda - Welcome! Glad you're joining us here and on the challenge!

Hope - I do the same thing! When not feeling good, I often crave the foods I really shouldn't be consuming! Maybe it's just our way of trying to comfort ourselves? Hope you're having a good fibro day!

Lisa - That's awesome that you're feeling proud and having a taste of success!! Keep it up girl!

Hi Libby, Mike and Annette...and anyone else I may have missed!

Have a great day all!
Old 10-21-2015, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Linda, Glad you decided to join us here! I look forward to getting to know you.

Debbie, Walks are very good exercise! If you feel you're not working enough, just go faster, right?

I'm staying on track still. I'm so excited to see the process is working and that the scale is handsomely rewarding me! I'm almost to a new decade! I slipped a little yesterday in the sense that I decided to have McD's for dinner; however, I fit it into my calories for the day. Not the best day nutritionally, but overall I came in under my calories! woot woot!

I joined a women's plus size support group specifically for the company that does my Slim in 6 video by a particular coach who specializes in supporting and coaching plus size girls. I'm not going to abandon here...this is home. But I'm really anxious to see how this other group works and how they might be able to help me. Having said that I feel like I'm cheating on FitDay. I can do both, right? There's no harm in getting as much motivation and support as you can.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!

I've been thinking about you all. Sorry I haven't checked in. Been busy the past couple of weeks. I went to the doctor finally ( I haven't been to one in ages) and she was awesome. I have been putting this off because of my weight. I thought even though I told her that I lost a lot of weight and am working at losing weight that she'd still read me the riot act for being so overweight but she didn't. She was very supportive of my efforts and achievements so far and encouraged me to keep going. I left there feeling very motivated. I love my new doctor.

The bad news is I had X-rays of both knees and it showed severe Degenerative Joint Disease and deterioration of both knees. I have to make an appointment to see a sports medicine doctor. Can't wait to see the looks I get when I walk in that office with all of those fit broken down athletes.

Lisa.... it sounds like you are having a great week. I'm so proud of you for your exercise. Keep it up.

Debbie... a 50 minute walk is great. Walking is such great exercise. And it's an activity that strengthens you functionally.

Annette.... be sure to take care of yourself. Caring for a loved one can put a lot of stress and pressure on the caretaker. I took care of my mom after she was diagnosed with lung cancer and I was never more stressed out in my life. In fact, that is when I started putting my weight back on. I'll keep you and your mom in my prayers.

I weigh in on Mondays.... last time I checked in I believe I was 311.
I didn't lose anything the week before last.
But this past week I lost 2 more so I'm down to 309.
My goal is to be about the 285-290 mark by New Years 2016.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:51 PM
FitDay Member

Hey all! I wanted to pop in and tell everyone to check out the recipe I tried on my family tonight. Here's the link in the food section for Salmon Chowder. My family loooooooooooooved it and it was less than 400 calories for a good sized bowl! I don't eat fish lol, so I can't tell you first hand, but by the reactions of the 5 other members in my family, it was a real winner.

Nikki: good to see you. so sorry about the report on your knees, but also glad that you are getting it addressed. Isn't it great to have a doctor who actually listens and doesn't look down their nose at you?!
Old 10-22-2015, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I feel like I am spinning my wheels in place. One day my weight is up and the next day it's down but I am not making any progress despite my best efforts. I need a hand to hold or a new strategy to get the scale moving in the right direction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.