Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Support 10/19-10/25 >

Motivation & Support 10/19-10/25

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 10/19-10/25

Old 10-24-2015, 11:12 AM
FitDay Member

OH Libby! I'm so very sorry to hear about your beloved dog! You gave her a safe home, a family and lots of love. Take comfort in all the good memories you have with her. I know how difficult it is to have to say good bye to a pet. There's no other kind of love like the love we share with our furry family members. I'll be thinking about you.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Penny. My heart breaks for you! She is happy, playing, forever young and in no pain now.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! I know just how difficult that decision was to make--we've had to make it a few times ourselves. Remember all the love she gave you and cherish the memories! Hugs! Vicki
Old 10-24-2015, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, isn't the infused water really great?! I went grocery shopping tonight and went ahead and bought frozen fruit. I have to admit, it's not as tasty as fresh, but it does add good flavor and I won't have to worry about it going bad. I bought peaches (which is what I'm trying tonight), mixed berries, and tropical mix with strawberries, pineapple and mango. Your concoctions sound interesting and tasty! Let me know what other combinations you decide to try.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! I have a busy day ahead of me, so wanted to chime in early to wish everyone a good day!

Old 10-25-2015, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

on track so far today. had take out on friday and lots of sodium friday and saturday. don't know how my weigh in will go for the challenge tomorrow, but hopefully it's not too terrible. I had 2 pieces of pizza last night worth 700 calories, but I stayed really close to my goal. I didn't have my night time atkins and only went 88 over my goal. So that's still a win.

I fell down the stairs again yesterday and my body hurts.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa: Sorry you fell! Take good care of yourself--Wal-mart doesn't sell replacement parts for humans! Vicki
Old 10-25-2015, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

I am finding Penny's things all over the house and gathering them together to be donated. Today I am remembering all the funny things she used to do. Her pet name was Goofy because she made us laugh with her antics. She was my special furry child. My appetite is gone and yet my weight is up three pounds.
I hardly slept last night but I'm not tired. I just need time to feel normal again.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:06 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, it will take time to get back to some sort of new normal. Take time in your grieving. Hugs and love to you.

I tried something new tonight. I always drink Dark Chocolate Royale flavored Atkins shakes with 1 c of milk mixed into. Tonight I blended in 1/2 a banana and 1 tsp of peanut butter. The flavor was great, but my chopper/mini food processor (I didn't feel like getting out the blender) didn't make the banana smooth. There were little bits and pieces throughout and the texture wasn't as pleasant as the taste was. Processing the banana in it though made it thicker and creamier (except for the mini pieces) which was nice. 1 tsp of peanut butter wasn't enough...I didn't really notice it. But it was a fun switch up, and it was really filling.

Other than a little handful of salt & vinegar chips, I've stayed completely on plan today. However, I think I did too much damage with the take out Friday and 2 slices of pizza Saturday...I think I will show a gain for tomorrow's challenge check in. Maybe, just maybe I might show a very small loss. I think it will be higher than my check in on Friday which is sad. I have to live with my choices though. The take out wasn't even any good and I wished afterward that I didn't have it. It was quite disappointing and not worth the calories and sodium.