Notices

Motivation & Support 10/12-10/18

Old 10-15-2015, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! I did post here yesterday but ended up losing the post and had no time to rewrite everything. Grrr! I am back on track after my weekend of indulgence and managed to get in two workouts yesterday. The first was an interval workout that focused on shoulders and triceps and the second was a kickboxing workout. I modified higher impact moves to lessen the impact on my foot. I'm happy to say my foot feels fine today and the rest of me is pleasantly sore

Lisa - Counting points is going very well. I find it so much easier than counting calories! I do it old style with pen an paper. I follow a older style of WW back when they used to calculate points using calories, fat and fibre. This was the one a friend introduced me to the very first time I thought I needed to lose weight. Once you know the points of the regular foods you like to eat, it's easy to remember. Once I figure out the points, I just keep a running list for easy reference for those items that I don't eat as often. For recipes, if the cookbook doesn't have the nutritional information, I'll still figure out the calories of the recipe online then save the nutrition breakdown. Back when I originally did WW, I used to average pound per week...some weeks I'd lose more, some less, but in the end it averaged out to a pound a week. That's the same rate I was losing by counting calories. I just really find counting points easier!

Gotta run all! Busy day ahead of me at work!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 10-15-2015 at 03:01 AM.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

I'm sure the women that know me on here know I've been vocal on this subject in the past. I know I've been pretty quiet lately with me being so busy but I didn't want to disappoint... so here goes.... which of you ladies are making it a goal to get your mammogram this month? That's a serious question, speak up!
Old 10-15-2015, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm sure the women that know me on here know I've been vocal on this subject in the past. I know I've been pretty quiet lately with me being so busy but I didn't want to disappoint... so here goes.... which of you ladies are making it a goal to get your mammogram this month? That's a serious question, speak up!
Already had my mammogram this year
Old 10-15-2015, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

My daughter and I had our mams gramed and every thing is OK. It is a very important question and thanks for asking.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

Good job ladies!
Old 10-15-2015, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

My breast exam is scheduled for November.

Yesterday was a day of rest for me since my knee and back was giving me fits. Some gentle stretches sure did help and I'm feeling much better today. I just might be able to get a workout in later today!

Mike, thanks for reminding us gals but that's also something men need to be aware of too. Men can have breast cancer too! So, take care of yourself too--we need your example and encouragement!

Vicki
Old 10-15-2015, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Good job Vicki. I agree, fortunately the likelihood for a man is slim. We have other issues to worry about.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

I'm very proud of myself today. I faced my phobia of hurting my back. I got the DVD player working and put in my Slim in 6 workout. Granted I only made it a few minutes, but it was enough to get my heart going, breathing a little harder and sweating. I'm so fat and out of shape it truly doesn't take that much to accomplish all that. lol. But I did it! I made it through the warm up and the plie section. I went to the store a little while later and my legs felt a little wobbly. This video really works your arms while you're doing all the exercises, and mine are a little sore already. My goal is to go one section longer each day. Two if I can handle it. I didn't throw my back out, so I'm good to go again tomorrow.

Maybe I've made a breakthrough! Let's hope so!
Old 10-15-2015, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, I haven't done mine yet. I'll need to wait for dh's health insurance to kick in in a couple months, and then I can schedule it. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:59 PM
FitDay Member

Good for you Lisa! That sounds like a great workout.
I'm already out of the Atkins shakes. I'll have to see whether they have vanilla too & whether they're any good. The only thing I don't like about them is the sucralose, but you're not going to get a shake for 160 cals without it
I don't actually care about the sweetness--I just need the protein so that I can feel full for a while.

I did good today--I'll see tomorrow if there's any change on the scale. It's hard to cook for the family (filet of sole, carrots, and apple pie (an unsweetened kind that we make in Switzerland)), and then just go upstairs. And then I have to do the washing up too!

I had a cleaning person come today. I'm trying to work from home, and I have no energy, and I start feeling overwhelmed when the house is a mess. I'm glad that I indulged myself, since it's so nice to have a spotless house.

Please update everyone! I want to hear some progress!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.