Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Support 10/12-10/18 >

Motivation & Support 10/12-10/18

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 10/12-10/18

Old 10-13-2015, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

o m g . I just have to share. for 700 calories I had the bomb dinner of sesame chicken and fried rice...home made. I've never made it before and it was a-ma-zing. I calculated out all the ingredients and divided it by the number of servings, so I know I'm close to accurate. The kitchen is a disaster that I don't want to deal with though. I'm still cramping badly and standing in the kitchen for an hour didn't help. I haven't had this much pain this long in a very long time. I hope this doesn't become a trend.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:00 PM
FitDay Member

Got in another Zumba workout tonight--this time I was able to stay for 50 minutes before my knee got to hurting too bad. That was even after a workout earlier today on exercise machines for about 30 minutes!

I love to read the menus and exercise ideas being posted! They give me ideas and encourage me to keep going! Vicki
Old 10-13-2015, 02:59 PM
FitDay Member

I had a good day calorie wise and kept busy doing house work and taking care of my dog. I went over my weight chart and I have lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks.
That amazes me that by eating smaller portions of food that I am finally losing weight. I have gone from my highest weight ever to my lowest weight of this year. I have many more pounds to lose but I am confident that if I stay here and don't give up I will get to my goal weight. Thanks for your support.

Last edited by libby135; 10-14-2015 at 12:59 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator

Just a quick check in, to be accountable, as I said I would. I'm eating less, still not great, but I'm seeing results on the scale. I'm down 3.8# (from 211 to 207.2) in 5 days. I need to weigh in on the 19th at 205. Then I'll make another mini weight goal.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Good job Mike. You can do it.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
o m g . I just have to share. for 700 calories I had the bomb dinner of sesame chicken and fried rice...home made. I've never made it before and it was a-ma-zing. I calculated out all the ingredients and divided it by the number of servings, so I know I'm close to accurate. The kitchen is a disaster that I don't want to deal with though. I'm still cramping badly and standing in the kitchen for an hour didn't help. I haven't had this much pain this long in a very long time. I hope this doesn't become a trend.
Awesome! I keep reaching for the "like" button but it's not there. I tried to get out tech gurus to put one in, like on facebook, but it doesn't seem possible.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone, it sounds like you're all right back on track after the crazy weekend.

I'm frustrated--my weight is exactly the same for the last couple of days, and I really have been doing well. I don't get this. I'll just stick to it, and hope to see a change soon...
Old 10-14-2015, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, good job. Keep going...you can do this.

dschefer, don't get too frustrated. the scale can be fickle. I should take my own advice (see below).

Libby, 16 lbs in 6 weeks?? That's fantastic! So happy for you!

Vicki, good for you for getting in the exercise. Did you take your measurements when you started? With all this exercise, I bet if you're not already you'll see those results happening shortly.

Well folks, at the beginning of the week I was convinced that extra 1.5 lbs that I magically gained in one day was due to a high sodium dinner the day before and monthly bloat. I was sure it would come off in a couple days. Well, it hasn't. In fact, it's grown to 2 lbs. Ok, so I had Subway and soda one day and some ice cream the next. That does not equal 2 lbs. Isn't a lb something like 3500 calories? So 2 lbs would be 7000 calories excess...I most certainly did not do that in a weekend above and beyond my normal calories. So I don't know what it is.

I feel icky. STILL cramping and feel like a whale. I went over my calories yesterday by 239, and I'm considering that sort of ok. Not completely blown, but still over a little. I'm right on track today so far. I've been drinking water! woot woot!

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

I've got dinner in the crock pot, and it's a good one. Can't wait. Chicken and wild rice with quinoa soup, carrots, onions (I was out of celery...bummer). Healthy dinner which will be right in line with me staying on track today. Having an atkins with milk right now, and will have one later tonight to stave off munchies.

off topic...close to a year ago my older daughter moved back in, and a couple months later she brought her boyfriend's dog (the dog couldn't stay where she was due to conflict with other dog). We were against Shiraz moving in, but given she had no place to go we let her in. Now she has found her way in to our hearts and she will be staying here for good. About 6 months ago Sara declared that October 14th would be Shiraz's birthday and that we would celebrate. There was a post on facebook today from Sami's bf's past timeline saying he adopted a dog...October 14th 3 years ago! So, sara was crazy psychic and declared her birthday on Shiraz's rescue birthday! How bizarre is that??? Sara made her home made dog treats (about 50 in the batch) that have apple, honey, oats and peanut butter. Shiraz will be soooo excited to sink her teeth into those!!!
Old 10-14-2015, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, how is your WW point counting going? I'm a little interested in it too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.