Notices

Motivation & Support 9/28-10/4

Old 10-02-2015, 02:46 PM
FitDay Member

One more thing then I'll be done. I ordered 1 for my daughter at her request, then my older daughter saw it and wanted one, and now I'm getting 1 delivered this weekend...an infuser water bottle! I don't like lemon water, but I sure as heck did like the strawberry lemon water Sara made. Sami has one in the fridge right now with blueberries and strawberries. yum. Sara also added kiwi to her strawberries and lemons the next two days. I really really really need to kick my soda AND diet soda habit. I'm hoping if I can make great flavor combos that I will be more likely to drink water. Here's the link to the one I got, although there are lots of styles and brands out there. I got this particular one because it has a tight snap closed drink part and a place to put a hook to attach to a backpack. Infuser Water Bottle.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

Woohoo Lisa!!! Taste that success? Feels good I bet! Keep it up girl!

As for an exercise challenge, I think that's a great idea! I even have my workout regime planned for the next 15 weeks, which takes me into the second week in January. The last challenge (which I started) was a total flop for me. I completely bailed on everyone...and myself! Let's see who's interested and we can start a new thread for a check in.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:59 PM
FitDay Member

Libby - Congrats on your weight loss this week. I've broken down my weight loss goals just like you, in increments. Mine are ever 13 weeks (or approx 3 months). My next will be at the end of December.

Yo-Yo dieting is the pits. I"ve been doing it since I was in my early 20s when I stopped playing sports. (I'm 50 now). By the time I was 30, I had gotten up to 300 lbs. I put myself on a diet... (same type of thing that I'm doing now except back then my back didn't bother me so my exercise wasn't limited to just pool walking like it is now. I weight trained, and used the treadmill and elliptical at the gym 5x per week. And I was consistent.) It took me 2 years, but I got down to 150 lbs (my goal was 140) so in total I lost 150 lbs). I don't know why....I wish I had a reason for it, but I just stopped going to the gym. Soon afterwards I let my diet go to pot again and by the time I was 45, I hadn't only regained the 150 lbs I lost... but I gained another 90 on top of that. Back in March of 2015, I weighed 393 lbs. Talk about feeling defeated and depressed. For the past 5 years, I've basically just said "F" it. I'm not going through all that again. But when I got to nearly 400 lbs I thought there's no way I'm going over that mark. My back was hurting more and more, so I committed myself all over again. The bad part is that I have soooooo much to lose. The good part is that I tend to lose weight pretty quickly when I watch my diet and get in a little exercise.

We'll all get to our goals. We just need to keep plugging away. I feel so much better now than I did in March. Last night, I tried on these zip up fleece jackets I used to wear but couldn't get into for the past 6 years and they fit again. So that really motivated me.

I posted this on another thread...but here are my stats. I weigh in on Mondays but I will probably will only post my weight once/month here.

5'5" tall
Starting Weight: 393
Final Goal Weight: 145 - 150
Total Pounds To Lose: 248 lbs

March 2015 - 393
April 2015 - 373
May 2015 - 362
June 2015 - 349
July 2015 - 341
August 2015 - 324
September 2015 - 314

December 31 2015 Goal: 288
Old 10-02-2015, 04:17 PM
FitDay Member

Lisa - Congrats on losing another pound. It all adds up in the end. Sometimes it's difficult to visualize the amount of weight we're losing. During my last rodeo (i.e. the last tiime I went on a diet) I was over a friends house who happens to be a personal trainer. I told her I lost a pound that week and she comes out of her kitchen a few minutes later with this glob of butter. She had taken a 1 lb box of butter stick, and mashed them together and said to me..."that's what you lost this week." It was quite a visualization especially since butter is pure fat.

Great job Lisa. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:27 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie - Glad you are feeling better. Spring and Fall colds are the worst. I like your plan of attack, though I'm not sure I could stay off the scale for 30 days. Trusting and enjoying the process of all of this is important. I trusted the process last time around too and it got me almost to goal. Then when I gave up my new healthier lifestyle, I gained all the weight back. This time around... I'm trying to commit to an entirely different way of eating for life. Last time, I looked at diet and exercise as a temporary thing. I think we just have to face facts. We are not going to be like our naturally skinny friends who can eat whatever they want and still stay thin. We've got to commit to a plan for life.

I'll post some recipes that I make. Probably next weekend I'm making the copycat version of Olive Gardens Pasta E Fagioli soup. It's only got 180 calories per serving and it's pretty nutritious. After I make it, if it turns out I'll post the recipe. Doesn't look hard to make.

Last edited by nikkifanatic; 10-02-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hey everyone. I'm still here, just been super busy. Still haven't gotten a scale yet. I've been to busy to attach the fridge, I guess when I can actually get a scale I can set a baseline.
Hi Mike - I've got a scale that talks. It actually announces your weight. And LOUDLY too. LOL I didn't realize how loud it would be when I got it. I have to make sure the windows are shut at my house so my neighbors don't hear what I weigh.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hey everyone. I'm still here, just been super busy. Still haven't gotten a scale yet. I've been to busy to attach the fridge, I guess when I can actually get a scale I can set a baseline.
Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
One more thing then I'll be done. I ordered 1 for my daughter at her request, then my older daughter saw it and wanted one, and now I'm getting 1 delivered this weekend...an infuser water bottle! I don't like lemon water, but I sure as heck did like the strawberry lemon water Sara made. Sami has one in the fridge right now with blueberries and strawberries. yum. Sara also added kiwi to her strawberries and lemons the next two days. I really really really need to kick my soda AND diet soda habit. I'm hoping if I can make great flavor combos that I will be more likely to drink water. Here's the link to the one I got, although there are lots of styles and brands out there. I got this particular one because it has a tight snap closed drink part and a place to put a hook to attach to a backpack. Infuser Water Bottle.
I love this. I"m going to order it. I don't drink nearly enough water and I love lemon water. Thanks for posting the link!!!
Old 10-02-2015, 08:00 PM
FitDay Member

Nikki, I'm sure you will love the infuser. My other daughter drank her water with blueberries and strawberries. When I asked her how it was she got a big smile and said, "Delicious!" I can't wait to get mine. I can't wait to go to Sprout's and pick out all our fruits for the week...strawberries, blackberries, oranges, lemons, peaches, blueberries...If you get it, let me know how you like it.

I forgot to tell everyone my excellent choice of the day. Normally when I could chicken in the skillet I pour in I'm sure too much olive or canola oil. Tonight I simply sprayed pan spray in the skillet, salt and pepper, broccoli in it to steam with the lid on. I never missed the oil for a second and even forgot that I didn't use any. I will keep using that choice from now on.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning my fabulous Fitday friends Just about to have some breakfast then take the kids to swimming lessons. I have lots of cleaning to do this afternoon, but I will be sure to get in a work out first. I know some feel cleaning is a workout all on it's own (I'm sure I definitely burn lots of calories in the 4 hours it normally takes to clean!) but I know I need a more formal type of exercise to see progress. I'm also planning to meal plan (planning to plan ) so tomorrow I can pick up the groceries and meal prep for the week. I feel focused and encouraged today!

Nikki - I'm so happy to have you here on fitday and posting with us! You positivity simply radiates out through your posts! Sounds like you have some great personal support having a friend who is a trainer. What a great visualization...the pound of butter thing. I'll have to keep that in mind as I slowly watch the pounds melt off! Can't wait to see the recipe! I love to cook fresh, homemade soups. So much lower in sodium!

Lisa - Great NSV! All those little tweaks add up to big changes. Cutting oil is a great way to save calories without sacrificing taste! These are the things that are lifestyle changes that we can stick to. Great job buddy!

Have a great day all!! I'll check back in later.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Debbie, I had a whoo hoo moment when I tried on my rings and they fit.
I feel good about my progress so far since Sept 1, I have lost 14.2 lbs.
I hope to lose 5 pounds a month from here on but I will surly fall short at some point. The hardest part is sticking to the diet when I don't see progress and in the past that is when it all fell apart. I just need to keep going.
I like the idea of an exercise challenge on a different thread. I am going to start gradually with 15 minutes of walking a day and as I get more fit I will increase it.
Lisa, good job on weigh in this week. I am so glad that I am not the only one who wants to weigh in weekly. I need the feed back on how I am doing, good or bad.
Nikki, you have come so far since March and are an inspiration to me. I hope we will all make it to our goal weight.
Mike, Good job with your art work and your goals this week.
Becca, Hope, where are you? We miss you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.