Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Support 9/28-10/4 >

Motivation & Support 9/28-10/4

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 9/28-10/4

Old 10-01-2015, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. The scale was good to me this morning so I decided to post on the Friday weigh in a day early. My foot doesn't feel to bad this morning so I am going to try walking on the dreadmill. At least if my foot starts hurting I will still be in the house. I will let you know tonight how things went today.
Tomorrow is weigh in and we missed a lot of people last week. We all have bad weeks, just don't give up.
Nikki, Your meal plan looks really good. I hope that you will tell us more about your self and your journey.

I walked for 15 minutes. It's a start.
Calories burned: 86
Calories eaten: 1100

Last edited by libby135; 10-01-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator

Goals

1) drink 100 oz water a day no,yes, yes
2) no visiting the ghost yes,no,[COLOR="Green"]yes
3) do something productive 3x yes, yes, yes
4) buy a scale and log my weight not yet, no, no

I'm still working on flags. I really need a workbench. My legs and back are killing me from squatting and bending.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52

Mike, how did you get those flags looking so good? Stencils? Thanks for the reluctantly given props lol.
Sort of. You know me... I did it to correct scale so it would look right. I measured out a flag and changed the size, keeping the same ratios (if that makes sense). Then I went into photoshop, got an image of an American flag, scaled it up, cropped the stars. Cut out poster board to the same size as a sheet of paper. Printed the stars (only could fit a handful pf stars on a standard size sheet), then cut them out with an X-acto knife. I used that as my template for the stars. The stripes were taped off with painters tape.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

welcome aboard Nikki. I like your attention to detail.

I'll try to catch up with everyone later. I have to try to get some work done today.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Nikki, that looks like a really good daily menu! I'll have to check out the cooking light website. Thanks for the tip on that!
You're welcome. It's a great website, Lisa. They even give you the calorie breakdowns for each recipe they list. And what I like most about it is that the recipes aren't overly complicated (their ingredient list is relatively short).

I love to cook but don't have much time to do it during the week so what I've been doing since I started this diet back in March is to spend time cooking on Sundays for the entire week...then I divide the dishes up into individual servings, place them in Zip-lock freezer bags and freeze them. Then, all I have to do every night is take one bag out of the freezer each night as I need it.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
Hi all. The scale was good to me this morning so I decided to post on the Friday weigh in a day early. My foot doesn't feel to bad this morning so I am going to try walking on the dreadmill. At least if my foot starts hurting I will still be in the house. I will let you know tonight how things went today.
Tomorrow is weigh in and we missed a lot of people last week. We all have bad weeks, just don't give up.
Nikki, Your meal plan looks really good. I hope that you will tell us more about your self and your journey.

I walked for 15 minutes. It's a start.

Libby,
Your "dreadmill" comment made me laugh. I'm glad you had a good week, weight wise. That can really boost your spirits.

I'd be happy to keep you up to date on my weight loss journey and also read about all of yours. I weigh in on Monday's every week (it helps to keep me honest on the weekends).
Old 10-01-2015, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
welcome aboard Nikki. I like your attention to detail.

I'll try to catch up with everyone later. I have to try to get some work done today.
Thanks Mike...nice to meet you.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

Today wasn't as good as yesterday calorie-wise, but I'm still ok with what I did. I'm still feeling motivated. The scale today was kind to me, but we'll see how it turns out tomorrow for weigh-in day.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

I lost another half a pound over night so I adjusted my weigh in to todays weight.
My weight loss goes in cycles and this time around I am going to concentrate on portion control and calories under 1200. I will gradually increase my exercise and as I do I will be able to increase my calories as well.
A Cautionary Tale
About ten years ago I weighed what I do now at my top weight and I managed to get down to 165, then I hit a plateau for twelve weeks straight. With another 40 pounds to lose and no progress for weeks I gave up and consequently regained all the weight plus more. This has been my routine several times since, losing 30 gaining 40. At my age I don't know how many more chances I have so I better get it right now. I gave up again earlier this year and I ended up weighing over 200 pounds. That was only a few short weeks ago and a wake up call to me to change my life. So here I am with
60 pounds to lose and a will to do it right this time. I can't do this on my
own and that is why I am here, to learn from you and have company on the way and hopefully be an encouragement to you too.
Libby
Old 10-02-2015, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, good for you on your loss again this week! You are steadily going down, and that's exciting. As for falling down several times, I'm there with you. I'm getting older and it's getting harder to go down. I don't think I can handle anymore of this yo-yo'ing either. I'm also glad to have this group! So good we can support each other. Keep up the good work!

I thought I did well this week. Yesterday showed a nearly 1.5 lb loss. Now it says I've gained since last Friday. How can I go up 1.5 lbs in one day??? I don't get it. My motivation fell a notch. I was starving late last night and had a simple ham sandwich. Is that all it takes to move the scale that much over night? Is it fair if I go back down in a day or two that I change my friday weigh-in?

Off topic story...I woke up this morning at 5:40 to hear dh knocking on dd's door asking her where my car was. I got up in a panic "My car is gone???" Sami says, "It wasn't here last night when I got home so I assumed mom was out. I don't know where it is!" I'm thinking my car got stolen. Then I said, "Sami, how did you get home last night?" She says, "Oh, sh!t" Turns out that after she drove herself to school with my car yesterday evening, she somehow forgot she drove herself. Her bf picked her up from school as he does every other night and they came home...without my car! How does one forget a car?? And when she came (after thinking I must be out), I talked to her while I was in bed and she was down the hallway. So at 5:45 this morning Sami, her bf and I had to drive all the way to her school to get my car so I could get home in time to take the other 2 kids to school. Jeff was furious and was about ready to blow his top. I thought it was kind of funny. Thankfully my car was still in the deserted parking lot this morning!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.