FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivation & Support 9/28-10/4 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/12791-motivation-support-9-28-10-4-a.html)

01gt4.6 09-28-2015 02:48 PM

Vicki and Debbie, this was my old house I just sold. I have no doubts that there was something other than us when we lived there. My mom actually died in the house but I can say that it's not her. We've all seen and heard things. Nothing ever threatening. One of our girls felt something. Said she was taking a bath, laid back to rinse her hair and said she felt fingers go across her face. The dogs would constantly stare are "nothing" and growl. That has all stopped since we moved. The new owners said that her dog was doing the same thing. She walked up jokingly, put up her hand and said "high five" and said she felt something touch her hand. I think the started experiencing noises and such right away. The crazy thing is usually any time we did something to the house it would site it up. We'd hear stuff more often. When we were packing and moving, it was dead silent. I had actually forgot about it. It's a shame that when something like that happens so often, it's to the point that you can just forget about it.

I may have to make one for a table top for the future.

AZLisaLou 09-28-2015 04:41 PM

Hello, everyone.

Debbie, as always it is so good to see you hear. I hope your cold passes quickly! I've been inconsistent too. and my weight loss/gain of the same 2 lbs each week is proof of that. I'll be your cheerleader! Do you have any goals for the week? As far as the sweet rice goes, no, not me...the rest of my family, yes. They like cinnamon sugar on theirs. For me, just butter. And darn it no I haven't had any in a long time. Funny how things are working, then I just slowly get away from what's working and start doing everything that's NOT working. ugh.

Libby, so sorry your foot pain has you derailed in the exercise department. I'm sorry I have a bad memory...was it an injury or something else? I'm so stupid I cut my toenail too short and clipped a bit of skin. Very bad pain to walk on, and I kept stubbing it right on that spot! lol I'm such an idiot.

Mike, I have also lived in houses where "something" was there. One was making a lot of noises, things would be moved, etc. It was an uneasy presence (to say the least) that scared me when I was home alone. I hope your new house is completely peaceful! Your project is awesome! Looks super good!!!

Ian, welcome to the group! I lost about 50 lbs and gained very nearly all of it back, so I'm trying to get back on the wagon too. It's still speeding and I've had a hard time catching up and jumping on lol.

Thanks to you all for giving me suggestions on how to bulk up my diet with not a lot of calories. I agree the chips were not a good choice. It was late, and I didn't feel like dealing with anything else. Tonight we had a not so good dinner again. It was quick and easy night...pancakes with bacon crumbles in the batter. It did fill me up quickly though. I'm grateful for that! Now I doubt I'll be snacking all night. So some extra calories up front, but I will probably save some over the long run of the night. Right now I just feel incredibly thirsty, like I can't get enough...gotta go get another drink.

Eat well, be well, stay well my friends.

canary52 09-29-2015 02:12 AM

Hi Everyone!

Debbie, Ian, glad to see you back!!!! So sorry you are sick, Debbie; feel better soon!!! Maybe some chicken soup?

Mike, nice job. I remember the ghost stories. Definitely believe. I have experienced some myself...I love that in NOLA there are rental signs that tell you if the property is haunted or not.

Libby, I am sorry your foot hurts so much and that it has impeded you. I hope it feels better soon.

My back and left knee have been a mess and last night I woke up in a fibro flare. So I think I might have to tighten the belt on the diet. Have been eating a lot of carbs lately and I think that and the weather here (getting colder) are wreaking havoc on my health and my weight. So will try to focus on protein, veg, fruit, nuts. And am going to find some very mild activity I can do. Can't give up tho I will admit to getting discouraged.

canary52 09-29-2015 02:22 AM

Goals:
1) Alright, water - 6 glasses minimum -Y
2 Priorities - Y
3) Plan meals - Y
4) Clean diet -Y

Plan
B:eggs and veg
L:chicken and salad
D:steak and veg
Snacks:
raw cashews and figs
hummus and carrots and rice crackers
fruit

I just bought some goat brie and whitefish salad and am going to have to try to save these as a "reward" if I do at least a few days clean.

01gt4.6 09-29-2015 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou (Post 117840)
Mike, I have also lived in houses where "something" was there. One was making a lot of noises, things would be moved, etc. It was an uneasy presence (to say the least) that scared me when I was home alone. I hope your new house is completely peaceful! Your project is awesome! Looks super good!!!

Thank you, it was a fun, kinda exhausting project. Yeah it can be an uneasy feeling. I often felt like someone was walking behind me. That could have just been my imagination playing tricks on me. Some noises and things being moved are hard to dismiss though.

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 117845)
Hi Everyone!

Mike, nice job. I remember the ghost stories. Definitely believe. I have experienced some myself...I love that in NOLA there are rental signs that tell you if the property is haunted or not.

My back and left knee have been a mess and last night I woke up in a fibro flare. So I think I might have to tighten the belt on the diet. Have been eating a lot of carbs lately and I think that and the weather here (getting colder) are wreaking havoc on my health and my weight. So will try to focus on protein, veg, fruit, nuts. And am going to find some very mild activity I can do. Can't give up tho I will admit to getting discouraged.

Thanks, I hope you get to feeling better.

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 117846)
Goals:
1) Alright, water - 6 glasses minimum -Y
2 Priorities - Y
3) Plan meals - Y
4) Clean diet -Y

Plan
B:eggs and veg
L:chicken and salad
D:steak and veg
Snacks:
raw cashews and figs
hummus and carrots and rice crackers
fruit

I just bought some goat brie and whitefish salad and am going to have to try to save these as a "reward" if I do at least a few days clean.

I almost hate to say it, but.... nice job! Congrats, you are rocking it!!

01gt4.6 09-29-2015 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by iansteele (Post 117831)
Hope you all don't mind if I join up, I've got really out of shape in the past 12 months and need some support to get back on the wagon.

Lisa, try eating foods that contain liquids rather than food and liquids. Soups, cereals, etc might do the trick mentally.

Goals:
Calorie defecit everyday
Exercise everyday

Come on it Ian, nice to "see" you again. Just remember, no matter how bad it gets, round is a shape. That;s why I try not to say I'm not in shape. ;)

01gt4.6 09-29-2015 05:16 AM

Goals

1) drink 100 oz water a day no
2) no visiting the ghost yes
3) do something productive 3x yes
4) buy a scale and log my weight not yet

rosabella2012 09-29-2015 05:54 AM

Mike: I live in a home that was built around 1920. Many things are original and we adore it. It's not haunted, but it could be since the man that built the home killed himself in his office behind the home. Your flag tops would make a very nice coffee table or even small kitchen table or even a prep island, I think.

Lisa: Pancakes with bacon sounds like something I'd enjoy! I adore using a pancake like a tortilla wrapped around a sausage link and dipped in pancake syrup. Don't eat that now, but I have many times in the past!

Hope and Libby: I hope you both feel better soon!

I bought a fresh salmon fillet yesterday, cut it up and put it on to marinate overnight in a bottle of light balsamic vinegarette dressing. Rinsed it off and got a portion for my lunch in the oven and it smells SOOOO good! Fresh squash to go with it! DH's supper of baked boneless pork ribs already done and cooling. Making a salad of grilled chicken breast slices, fresh jicama, carrots, radishes, chopped romaine, low-fat feta and herbs instead of dressing for supper. Already had 64 oz H2O and I'm sure I'll get in more a bit later since today seems to be one of my 'thirsty' days. Even though I'm not diabetic, some days I crave water and today's one of those days.

Got cellulitis in my TOES, of all places! Feels like I'm walking on a rock--oh well, doing what I can to resolve the issue--cellulitis hits me from time to time, so I just take care of it and go on.

Mobility issues slowly improving--I really think the PT exercises and the glucosamine/MSM supplement are helping. At least I'm not having to take pain meds as often now.

Lost another 2 pounds last week! The Diabetes Prevention Program classes are interesting--I never realized the impact excess dietary fat has on predisposing us to Type 2 diabetes. We absolutely NEED fat in our diet, but we need good quality fat, not the processed fats some Americans might eat. Good fat helps us process and absorb some vitamins/minerals, provides saeity and helps lubricate our joints. Yes, other things set us up for diabetes too, but some of these are things we can't control like ethnicity, genetics and age, but I can and should be in charge of what I eat. Back when I was in nursing school, this wasn't known or taught--so glad for advancements in learning!

Vicki

lildebbieg 09-29-2015 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 117839)
Vicki and Debbie, this was my old house I just sold. I have no doubts that there was something other than us when we lived there. My mom actually died in the house but I can say that it's not her. We've all seen and heard things. Nothing ever threatening. One of our girls felt something. Said she was taking a bath, laid back to rinse her hair and said she felt fingers go across her face. The dogs would constantly stare are "nothing" and growl. That has all stopped since we moved. The new owners said that her dog was doing the same thing. She walked up jokingly, put up her hand and said "high five" and said she felt something touch her hand. I think the started experiencing noises and such right away. The crazy thing is usually any time we did something to the house it would site it up. We'd hear stuff more often. When we were packing and moving, it was dead silent. I had actually forgot about it. It's a shame that when something like that happens so often, it's to the point that you can just forget about it.

I may have to make one for a table top for the future.

I was reading this post at 2am last night/early this morning as I sat awake after taking a decongestant for this damn cold. I sat in the kitchen with only the stove light on with my iPad and headphones. I didn't want to wake the kids or make myself feel more awake than I already was. I was totally creeped out reading this post! I nervously looked around the dim light room and felt uneasy. I reach for a tissue to blow my nose and as soon as I blew a loud scream came from the bottom of the stairs! My husband was still awake and working in the basement...yes at 2 am! Our 7 yo daughter had woke up from a nightmare and was wandering around upstairs looking for us and when she didn't see us in bed, she came down the stairs in the dark looking for us. Your post scared me! I scared her by startling her in the dark while blowing my nose! She scared the crap out of me with her scream! All good though....no ghosts where seen :p

lildebbieg 09-29-2015 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou (Post 117840)
Debbie, as always it is so good to see you hear. I hope your cold passes quickly! I've been inconsistent too. and my weight loss/gain of the same 2 lbs each week is proof of that. I'll be your cheerleader! Do you have any goals for the week? As far as the sweet rice goes, no, not me...the rest of my family, yes. They like cinnamon sugar on theirs. For me, just butter. And darn it no I haven't had any in a long time. Funny how things are working, then I just slowly get away from what's working and start doing everything that's NOT working. ugh.

you've always got my back Lisa! Thank you for being here to cheer me on! We've done this weight loss thing before and we can do it again! One day at a time right! We just need to dig in and get angry! Lol! :D. I truly believe once we get a small taste of victory, we'll feel accomplished and want to keep moving forward! I'm cheering you on too!