Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation 9/21-9/27 Keep building on what you're doing right >

Motivation 9/21-9/27 Keep building on what you're doing right

Notices

Motivation 9/21-9/27 Keep building on what you're doing right

Old 09-23-2015, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

I have failed miserably for two days in a row. I am about to stand on the scale and expect a 5 lb gain. BRB

So that's what a gift horse looks like.

I had ham for dinner. Salt content alone should have netted 5 lbs, but I made it worse by having two servings. And I didn't make my minimum water requirement. I drank coffee and milk yesterday.

Vicki and Grumpy, I keep baking chocolate, the unsweetened type, in my cupboard for chocolate cravings, but as a rule, I find that I have a greater weakness for butterscotch. My allergy has it's perks. Halloween candy has rarely been a temptation to me.

Mike, thanks for the encouragement.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

I had an NSV today. I had to run into the grocery store for a minute and I really thought about getting a king size candy bar. As I was going through the store picking up the things I needed I was having a conversation with myself (not out loud lol!) about why I shouldn't get one. I thought to myself, "I could wait just a few minutes til I get home and have a chocolatey atkins shake with milk instead and it will be even better than a giant candy bar." So I went home, had an atkins w/ milk and it WAS better than a candy bar. It was better because I got the chocolate that I was craving, but it came with absolutely NO GUILT when I was done! and it was healthier calories, too.

I was proud of myself.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

Annette, even if you've failed for a couple days, your next decision could be the start of getting right back on track. you can do it.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Loving the beautiful weather we're having and the mild temps along with low humidity! Mobility is much better and pain is less. PT exercises are getting a bit easier too. Enjoying the late summer veggies.

Annette: 'Do the next right thing' is a saying you will hear pretty often in 12 Step Recovery circles. I'm sure glad to know that each day brings new opportunities to make better choices.

Lisa: Glad you were able to forgo the candy for a better choice nutritionally! Small victories are still victories!

Vicki
Old 09-24-2015, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Still no RAKs for me. I held the door open for an elderly lady when I was going to the store but that doesn't count. I guess that would be a RAK if I were a yank, but being from the south, it's just what we do. I need to step up my RAK game!

I had six 16.9 oz bottles of water so I barely go in a 100 ounces. Did get in a gallon like I hoped.
1) drink 100 oz water a day M. Yes T. No, W. Yes,
2) check in and touch base with everyone here M. Yes, T. Yes, W. Yes
3) 2 RAKs (random acts of kindness)M. No, T. No, W. Nope
Old 09-24-2015, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Grumpy72ga
Don't get me wrong, no judgement on the protein, just not something I'm familiar with so I ask questions, lotsa questions. I've always kind of low carb-ed (love my carbs) and high veg/fruit and whatever was left could be a variation of meat fats etc. (my slipper slope has been sweets.

My goals
1) check in daily (as sucky wifi permits)M-Y, T-Y
2) track my food on paper (sucky wifi - see above) M-N, T-N
3) working the cranky treadmillI despite the audience.M-off, T-Y
4) keep up water.M-Y, T-Y

Ran 2.14 mi in 30min, with the girls being super patient, it's hard to run and talk at the same time LOL! mDD, now insists we go for a mile walk on the beach and then hit the pool before dinner (I swear she is after her inheritance already (she's 9) she's trying to kill me!!). I'll be fit as a fiddle in now time!
Is the paper connected to the wifi? I see you're having a connection problem. Connecting the pen to the paper. Good job on the 2+ miles!

Originally Posted by Grumpy72ga
Vicki, okay the protein makes sense now. I just keep reading everywhere that everyone needs to up their protein intake and I know I get nowhere near the RDA, which might explain somethings. Good thoughts for pondering, and further research. I have untreated Crohns and found meat to be a trigger along with dairy, so other protein sources might be to my benefit.

Annette, I didn't know you were nut allergic, but it makes sense that almost all chocolate is off limits. Everything is cross contaminated.

Mike, thank you. Protein questions make more sense now, and definitely something I need to look into and question my MD about.

Guess, I need to make that Dr. Appt for when we get back. *sigh*
Yeah definitely talk to your Dr., I wouldn't want to give out bad advice.

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
mike: The fluids I mentioned are a combination of water and usually 1 cup of plain unsweetened almondmilk. I usually do 3 24 oz glasses of water as a minimum plus the almondmilk. Some days, like today, I've had over 90 oz of fluids. Very rarely do I drink diet sodas.

Grumpy: Good questions regarding protein! By all means, get your MD's guidance. What I need could be entirely different from what you need. Vicki
That makes sense. Just making sure that "fluids" wasn't wine. Sometimes I feel I need to clarify with this group of misfits.

Originally Posted by rainbow24
I have failed miserably for two days in a row. I am about to stand on the scale and expect a 5 lb gain. BRB

So that's what a gift horse looks like.

I had ham for dinner. Salt content alone should have netted 5 lbs, but I made it worse by having two servings. And I didn't make my minimum water requirement. I drank coffee and milk yesterday.

Vicki and Grumpy, I keep baking chocolate, the unsweetened type, in my cupboard for chocolate cravings, but as a rule, I find that I have a greater weakness for butterscotch. My allergy has it's perks. Halloween candy has rarely been a temptation to me.

Mike, thanks for the encouragement.
You're welcome. Two days of failure is nothing. I've had over a year of it. Look and my before and after pics... now reverse them. I'm back to looking like my before pic.

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
I had an NSV today. I had to run into the grocery store for a minute and I really thought about getting a king size candy bar. As I was going through the store picking up the things I needed I was having a conversation with myself (not out loud lol!) about why I shouldn't get one. I thought to myself, "I could wait just a few minutes til I get home and have a chocolatey atkins shake with milk instead and it will be even better than a giant candy bar." So I went home, had an atkins w/ milk and it WAS better than a candy bar. It was better because I got the chocolate that I was craving, but it came with absolutely NO GUILT when I was done! and it was healthier calories, too.

I was proud of myself.
What is an NSV? Being guilt free is always good.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Mike: NSV is a Non-Scale Victory. Sometimes they're the best kind! V.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

How is everyone doing today? I undid my NSV by having a NSF (new acronym for Non-Scale Failure lol). I'm ok about it though. I'm still doing better each week than I did the week before and that's my goal to begin with. Just keep making progress. My NSF's are less and less each week. Soda. ugh. I love it so. I need to break off my relationship with it, but it's just so...good. lol Again, I'm doing better and that's my plan. Some days I have too much, but some days I have none.

I'm going to start keeping track of my progress in the Friday Weigh-In thread. I know I gained a bit this week...I can just feel it. I feel bloated. I had leftover beef rice with hamburger, salsa and cheese, but I had too too much, and I felt sick all night. I haven't felt right since then. I'm sure this added lb or so will come back off in the next day or two.

What do you all have going on this weekend? Not so much here. Busy day tomorrow with a dentist appt for my 15yo son...he's getting a filling for the first time and is being a big baby about getting a shot. lol. Then I have a med-check appt for my bipolar and anxiety meds. It will be a long day with no nap. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but I sleep terribly at night (sometimes not at all) and always need to supplement my sleep with a nice long nap during the day. I will be hurting by tomorrow afternoon. But then I have the weekend to do nothing. Oh, wait! Maybe, oh just maybe, I can get my ass up and do some exercise. What a novel idea. lol
Old 09-25-2015, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

My weekend has to be spent getting paperwork done. I'm in charge of a children's program in our church. I have already postponed the start of it because three of the leaders were away for part of Sept, me included. Now I won't even be there for our postponed start date and perhaps not at all for the month of November.
There was hope that I could bring my mom to the lower mainland for radiation treatment, but I realised that having her away takes pressure off me. The bottom line is that I am on heart meds but there is no need to push the envelope with stress in my life. One stress at a time.

While I am doing paperwork, water intake is important. Staying indoors is kind of important as well. It's raining out there and I don't need to get chilled and sick again. Not with my mom's surgery in just over a week.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

OK I have been AWOL, incredibly busy week.

What a bunch of water pushers you all are lol!!!! Actually I have been making decaf herbal tea and drinking that; does that count?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.