Notices

Motivation 9/14-9/20 Can you increase your efforts?

Old 09-17-2015, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Mobility is improving--still stiff and plenty sore in that left knee, but it feels so much better than over the weekend! PT exercises are not too bad, but I'll be so glad when I can walk with no limp or need my cane!

Medications include a week of high dose prednisone--carb cravings aren't too bad yet but the hunger has kicked in big time. Trying to keep my mind busy doing Sudoku and other puzzles, drinking extra water, doing my exercises, doing what household chores I can, scheduling meals/snacks and tracking nutrition--so glad Fitday makes this easy for me!

Annette: What's Aquafit like? Do you enjoy it? Does it benefit you? My MD suggested that when I get over this flare with my knee that I would benefit from exercise in a heated pool. That means joining the YMCA which we plan on doing for the New Year. It also means buying a bathing suit--which I haven't done in years and that's a major DREAD for me! Kudos on all the walking you're doing!

Lisa: Celebrate every loss! Even if it's .2! I wish someone had acknowledged your efforts with the meal you cooked!

Mike: Be very cautious with your skin irritation--those things can get infected so easily and can be so stubborn to heal! Take care of your hip--replacements are expensive!

Vicki
Old 09-17-2015, 02:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

What is runzas? Your guest doesn't sound like he's very appreciative to me. Congrats on the loss!

Mike, runzas originally came from Germany, I believe. In Nebraska they are wildly popular and have a fast food chain that sells them. They are ground beef, cabbage, onions, and seasonings wrapped up in a little bread pocket. Mine were big enough to hold 2/3c of meat/cabbage in each, so they are not too big (or too small) and can be eaten while holding them like a hamburger.

I am down another .2 today. woohoo! I know I should only weigh myself once a week, but daily weighing helps me stay on track better. Today all i've eaten is 1 leftover runza and 2 chopped up chicken w/ mayo sandwiches on hamburger buns. Not a lot of calories there; however, I have been drinking Hawaiian Punch Fruit Juicy Red. I saw it in the store and had to have it. When I was pregnant with my first I craved that stuff so badly. After having some today now I remember why. It's good! lol So many calories though, I know.

Not a bad day all in all food-wise. I'm dealing with mood issues though, and being bipolar is really tough. I have to be careful not to eat my emotions whether on a low or on a high. Today is a very low day. I'm hanging in there and haven't raided the pantry yet. Oh, I forgot...I had a fudgecicle, but those I think are only 40 calories, which is completely acceptable for a snack.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 09-17-2015, 03:24 PM
FitDay Member

Vicki, small town dynamics. Walk from point A to point B in 5 minutes or less. One the bright side, someone in this town decided that Dairy Queen needed to be on the outskirts. LOL

Aqua fit has different levels and different trainers. If you can swim a deep water class could be so soothing on your knee.

I was in the moderate class which is a little slow for me. In the past I have participated in easy classes and advanced classes. All good. Low impact. I say go for it.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator

My goals
1) check in daily and try to touch base with everyone posting. Tues. yes, Wed. yes, Thurs. yes
2) water, water and more water Tues. yes, Wed. yes, Thurs. yes
3) do something productiveTues. yes (stairs), Wed. yes (transplanted a tree)Thurs. no
Old 09-18-2015, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Mobility is improving--still stiff and plenty sore in that left knee, but it feels so much better than over the weekend! PT exercises are not too bad, but I'll be so glad when I can walk with no limp or need my cane!

Medications include a week of high dose prednisone--carb cravings aren't too bad yet but the hunger has kicked in big time. Trying to keep my mind busy doing Sudoku and other puzzles, drinking extra water, doing my exercises, doing what household chores I can, scheduling meals/snacks and tracking nutrition--so glad Fitday makes this easy for me!

Annette: What's Aquafit like? Do you enjoy it? Does it benefit you? My MD suggested that when I get over this flare with my knee that I would benefit from exercise in a heated pool. That means joining the YMCA which we plan on doing for the New Year. It also means buying a bathing suit--which I haven't done in years and that's a major DREAD for me! Kudos on all the walking you're doing!

Lisa: Celebrate every loss! Even if it's .2! I wish someone had acknowledged your efforts with the meal you cooked!

Mike: Be very cautious with your skin irritation--those things can get infected so easily and can be so stubborn to heal! Take care of your hip--replacements are expensive!

Vicki
Glad to hear your mobility is improving! Yeah I just can seem to shake this skin issue, it's been a few weeks now with no improvement. My hip is STILL hurting, which is odd for me.

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
Mike, runzas originally came from Germany, I believe. In Nebraska they are wildly popular and have a fast food chain that sells them. They are ground beef, cabbage, onions, and seasonings wrapped up in a little bread pocket. Mine were big enough to hold 2/3c of meat/cabbage in each, so they are not too big (or too small) and can be eaten while holding them like a hamburger.

I am down another .2 today. woohoo! I know I should only weigh myself once a week, but daily weighing helps me stay on track better. Today all i've eaten is 1 leftover runza and 2 chopped up chicken w/ mayo sandwiches on hamburger buns. Not a lot of calories there; however, I have been drinking Hawaiian Punch Fruit Juicy Red. I saw it in the store and had to have it. When I was pregnant with my first I craved that stuff so badly. After having some today now I remember why. It's good! lol So many calories though, I know.

Not a bad day all in all food-wise. I'm dealing with mood issues though, and being bipolar is really tough. I have to be careful not to eat my emotions whether on a low or on a high. Today is a very low day. I'm hanging in there and haven't raided the pantry yet. Oh, I forgot...I had a fudgecicle, but those I think are only 40 calories, which is completely acceptable for a snack.

How is everyone else doing?
That sounds good, I'm hungry now. Congrats on the continued loss! Keep it up!!
Old 09-18-2015, 04:09 PM
FitDay Member

I think a lot of the group is playing hide and seek...ollie ollie oxen free!

I'm continuing to go down bits at a time. This will be our first weekend home in 3 weeks. No softball tournament this weekend, and we are grateful! Not that we don't enjoy watching (and dh helps coach) our daughter, but it is a big undertaking to do a weekend tourney. Lots of energy, too, which I rarely have.

I hope everyone stops by over the weekend and says hi.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:29 PM
FitDay Member

I'll be home Monday and will no longer have to access internet with my laptop propped with one hand on the windowsill of her back room while hunting and pecking with the other hand.

Whew!
Old 09-19-2015, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Been a Busy couple of days and wifi is dreadful.

Vicki (I think it is) glad the meds are kicking in and movement is improving. I hate prednisone but it does work.

Mike, take are of yourself! Hope the hip pain is nothing, but keep on top of it.

Lisa, yay for a weekend home!! I think it was you also that weighs regularly. I do too but found it de motivating when I gained. Yay for being down though!!

Annette, ya for no more one handed typing!!

I ran 2 miles again the other day on the dreadmill, with the poolside folks watching. I'm used to running privately in my basement! I promptly followed the run with a walk up the stairs to the 14th. Had to stop 2x but made it. The girls are regularly accompanying me down as we race dh, yDD and the elevator!

I can't say I'm losing or gaining. With dh rekindling his passion for charcoal grilling, he has us eating well though maybe not super healthy!!

Will check back as wifi permits! Typing on my phone sucks.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

Grumpy: Vicki is correct! Wow--good job on the run AND the walk! Love me some grilled food--and just about anything can be grilled--or so Bobby Flay says!

Mike: Have you thought about seeing a MD for the hip pain and the rash?

Annette: Internet access issues are so not good! Glad you're getting some time at home too!

Lisa: 'Ain't it good to be back home again?'--remember that phrase from an old John Denver song? I sure do! I'd better hush before I REALLY tell my age!

Cooking squash, eggplant with tomato sauce and tri-colored peppers/onions to go with sausages for tomorrow and next week--if we have any left over! Love me some veggies--especially raw crunchy ones. I've been trying to eat a mixture of raw carrots, mushrooms, jicama, peppers, radishes and celery at lunch--they take a while to chew, are nutritious, and pretty low in calories/fats--IF I remember to leave the dips alone and just eat the veggies! I also eat a variety of nuts and things like chia seeds and pumpkin seeds--all raw of course.
Mobility is improving--still a good bit of residual soreness, but the swelling is down so that's a good thing! Waiting on lab and x-ray reports to be posted. Take care--enjoy the weather and your families! Vicki
Old 09-19-2015, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Just got back from Barry's Bay and will be so glad to sleep in my own bed tonight. It was so nice to spend time with our friends. We ate well but didn't do any thing for exercise. I will weigh my self tomorrow morning and post it on the Friday weigh in thread. How did every one else do last week?
You have all been making some pretty high goals for your selves. I feel like such a slacker. I'll do some DVD exercises tonight and tomorrow. Have a good week end and I am ready to start fresh on Monday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.