Motivation starting 9/7/15, Labor of Love, Taking Care of Ourselves >

Motivation starting 9/7/15, Labor of Love, Taking Care of Ourselves

Community
Notices

Motivation starting 9/7/15, Labor of Love, Taking Care of Ourselves

Old 09-07-2015, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation starting 9/7/15, Labor of Love, Taking Care of Ourselves

OK so I had the movie snacks and the sushi yesterday but I am here. Join me?
Old 09-07-2015, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Hope! I'll join you.

I didn't do so great today. I had a bunch of soda and too much cereal (Apple Jacks to boot!). Dinner was good though and I kept a modest portion size. Also, I finally bought a DVD player so I can do workouts in the living room on the regular tv (before it broke I used to play them on my laptop...small!). But, even though I've gained a few lbs this week I still haven't got the will to get off my fat butt and do it. I don't know what I'm waiting for. I am now just 5 lbs less than my heaviest. You'd think that would be motivation enough. Or the fact that I walk slow because I can't carry my weight, or the fact that I sweat from the "workout" of grocery shopping, or the fact that I get winded going up one flight of stairs, or the fact that I have a strained knee from going down the stairs. I could probably continue, but I'm sure you get the picture. When will I get pissed off enough at myself to do something about this???

I'll get there. I know I will. I hope you all are doing well! I will see you beautiful people tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:21 PM
FitDay Member

Ok maybe we should change the title of this week's threads to Tuesday is the New Monday.

Thank you for joining me, Lisa. OK so I got up in the middle of the night because I ate so much and so much bad stuff that I felt the bloat and pressure in my chest. And it wasn't due to celebration but to stress. Family stress. Yeah.

So I start again today, Tuesday, my new Monday because I feel better ( and weigh less) when I eat better. Why do I keep forgetting that over and over?

Lisa, you will get there and so will I. Anyone want to join us?
Old 09-08-2015, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

I'm sorry I didn't join you on Monday. I thought I might calm down a bit by waiting a day but I still want to vent. Here's the deal:

On Sunday my daughter complained to me that there is something wrong with dad because he is hardly eating. I replied that dad's problem is eating ritz crackers, fig newtons, pringles, and drinking coke. She wants me to apply some trial medicines without his knowledge. I could, but...

I also believe the man is fussy.

Saturday evening dinner, I had served salmon with rice and a kale salad. He chose not to eat.

Sunday evening I cooked up lean ground beef into a tomato meat sauce, served it over macaroni. He had seconds. (This is not a good meal choice for me, but I can have it once a week.)

Monday evening I made up a pot of turkey soup. He again had seconds. At least this meal was more acceptable for me.

Now you can see the trend. Tonight I am cooking sausage, potatoes and beans. He will eat the sausage and potatoes. I will eat the beans and some sausage because I had them specially made for me. They are salt free.

I get the grandkids today. Probably the last time I see them until October or later.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, that is annoying. Is there anything you can do to protect yourself and keep your healthy habits? Like you're doing today, maybe have the beef and tomato sauce with something else and let him have the macaroni. It's hard to get healthy when people around us have different habits. I know when DD is here (as she was this weekend) I eat worse. Neither of us needs it as she is also trying to lose weight and get healthier.

Enjoy the grandkids!
Old 09-08-2015, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

It's the beef that I'm not supposed to have. A serving of pasta won't hurt me.

I'm leaving town on Thursday. My mom doesn't eat beef. Or dairy. Or drink coffee. Or eat turkey. Or...

Okay, the truth is she will tell anyone that she eats like that, but in truth I am in big trouble while I am with her.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
It's the beef that I'm not supposed to have. A serving of pasta won't hurt me.

I'm leaving town on Thursday. My mom doesn't eat beef. Or dairy. Or drink coffee. Or eat turkey. Or...

Okay, the truth is she will tell anyone that she eats like that, but in truth I am in big trouble while I am with her.
Why? re your mom. And it's funny I assumed beef was OK.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here! Had a busy week with Ol' Arthur being my very obnoxious companion for a few days and making walking very painful for me, but he left just in time for me to enjoy the 50th wedding anniversary of some very dear friends. On Sunday, a fav cousin of mine passed away from a severe infection from her second knee replacement. Today brought a victory--I'm down to 253! I think I can safely bid a fond farewell to the 260's! Still trying to eat clean, watch fats/carbs and keep my protein/h2o intake up. I've added some different exercises to my old stand-bys.

Hope--I find myself having to start some days over too!. I'm so glad each new day gives us new opportunities to try again.

Lisa--As they say in recovery, start where you are and do the next 'right' thing! Negative self talk doesn't help me reach my goals, so I try to avoid it whenever possible!

Annette--I'm always amazed at your grace under pressure! Your focus inspires me!

Vicki
Old 09-08-2015, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Vicki, you are so right. Negative self-talk is a bad habit. I need to build myself up more often. I'm not used to it, though, and just like learning to eat right and exercising it's also a learned habit. Thank you for the reminder to be kinder to myself. Congratulations on your farewell to the 260's! Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Annette, I'm confused...why are you in big trouble when you are with your mom? Does she restrict what you eat to be like herself? What kind of trial medicines does your daughter want you to try on you dh?

My dh makes me crazy sometimes. I was telling him how eating less and the right things is so hard for me. I'm an excellent cook and I love the things I make, whether casseroles with pasta or rice or sweet treats...I just love all the flavors and textures. I savor every bite, and I like a lot of it. dh says, "I don't think you eat that much. And I don't think it's your calories that are causing you to gain weight." (commence laughing) I said, "Of course it's the calories. You must have a negative calorie intake [from maintain] to lose weight. And whether it's calories from food or from exercise, or a combination of both you must consume less or burn more." he says, "Exactly! You need to exercise. You won't lose weight unless you exercise." I said, "I realize I need to exercise to be more effective, but that's not all it takes." He doesn't believe me. I guess he thinks I can eat like I am (a ton of calories) as long as I exercise. I've lost 50 lbs before without so much as a single squat just by counting calories. Although I do know that exercise will help and enhance my efforts greatly, it's definitely about counting calories.

I had a bad morning. Bread and butter and Matthew's leftover pizza rolls (about 5 or 6 pieces) so they didn't just get thrown away. I didn't think about the option of putting them in a baggie and put in the fridge. lol and so what if they were thrown away. Really. What would that have hurt? But that wasn't my thinking at 7a.m. when I'd only been awake 10 minutes and obviously not thinking clearly. I've been avoiding the kitchen all day. I haven't had any full sugar soda yet today. I looked and wanted but didn't have. I think I'll go down and have an atkins with milk. That would be good.

ok everyone. Have a good night and I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I just got home and had no internet for four days and I was i missing it. Now I am back and ready to spring into action. We were at my mother in laws cottage and swam every day and ate like there was no tomorrow. Now I have to be mindful of my eating habits and try to move more.

Debbie, welcome back. I was hoping to see you on the board again. You are not the only one who has hit a new high on the scale. The good thing is we acknowledge it and want to make a change. Foot problems have been bothering
me for a while and the extra weight doesn't help it. My mother in law pointed out that I eat too much so I am cutting back on my portion sizes and hope that I will start to lose weight. I was eating less than the guys but still too much for me. Cooking for three hungry men is not easy.
Join us on Friday for weigh in.
Wow calories add up fast. I ate very little today and it added up to 1200 calories.

Last edited by libby135; 09-08-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.